vB 4.0 CMS question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB 4.0 CMS question?

I'm interested in upgrading to vB 4.0 but need to clarify something about the Suite, specifically the CMS - will you be able to make Active Threads appear in a center block on the main page using the CMS?

In your screenshot of vB4 CMS (below) it shows the Active Posts in a side block on the right - can you do that but as a main center block and with Active Threads, not just active posts?

For example: move the Recent Forum Posts block (seen on the right) to the center in place of the TOP STORIES centre block but make it Recent Forum Threads instead of posts?

Thank you.

To add to this will you be able to make side blocks that display threads only from specified forums and omit them from the active threads ceter block?

Comment

You can create custom grids, and place widgets and content in any of those grid spaces. See the blog post Freddie (?) made a while back about grids.

As for the widget functionality, I can't comment on that as I haven't really played with them yet.

Comment

So does that mean, yes active threads will be available as a centre block?

Can you link me to the blog post, thanks!

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php?b=2345

Comment

Looks good, cant wait to see the final
            sigpic
            - Computer Hardware & Software Tech Support Forum - & Maternal Online | Pregnancy & Parenting Portal

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X