No announcement yet.

do i pay twice for brand free?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No the way i've read this is that i have a purchased brand free license for my site, when I now go and get the 4.0 upgrade i've still got that brand free license. It's when I go and buy a new license that i've got to buy another brand free option.
    For me this would not happen from one upgrade to the next but only if i say don't upgrade to 4.0 and then want to buy 5.0.

I''m presuming that you can no longer just renew no matter where you are time. There's no a definitive need to renew when it moves from 4.0 to 5.0 to 6.0 etc if you miss the slot you're looking at a new licence when you do want to upgrade.

Anyway, am i right in thinking that because i have a branding free option now when i buy the 4.0 upgrade later today i'll still have branding free because it's an upgrade?
    bushcraft uk

Tone
    Explore : Discover : Achieve

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      From the day we started offering brand free licenses, we've never allowed the transfer from one license to another.
      The prior "we" never put us in a position where there weren't reasonable options and time to make decisions. Being suddenly presented with an ultimatum of making a 4 figure payment in a week, I'd think the common courtesy of applying your brand free license to any vBulletin license you own would be acceptable and small consolation.

As I said, I don't care to argue here or elsewhere about policy. I think we all realize that things are going to be very different around these parts going forward.
      My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

Originally posted by Bushcraft Tone View Post
        Anyway, am i right in thinking that because i have a branding free option now when i buy the 4.0 upgrade later today i'll still have branding free because it's an upgrade?
        Yes. The problem is that there is only one "upgrade" being offered, which is to people who have an existing maintenance agreement.

Let's say your maintenance agreement expired yesterday. The new Jelsoft has told those customers that instead of paying your annual maintenance fee, you have no choice but to virtually pay the price for an entirely new vBulletin forum, whether you like it or not. You're either paying $190 today (and get the suite, whether you need it or not) or $175 at some point if you want to continue. The challenge exists when you have varying forums with brand free options and some with current maintenance agreements (which still requires an immediate $130 payment.) You can't choose to move your brand free licenses to the forum licenses you prefer, some which may be current and unused, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by slinky View Post
          Yes. The problem is that there is only one "upgrade" being offered, which is to people who have an existing maintenance agreement.

Let's say your maintenance agreement expired yesterday. The new Jelsoft has told those customers that instead of paying your annual maintenance fee, you have no choice but to virtually pay the price for an entirely new vBulletin forum, whether you like it or not. You're either paying $190 today (and get the suite, whether you need it or not) or $175 at some point if you want to continue. The challenge exists when you have varying forums with brand free options and some with current maintenance agreements (which still requires an immediate $130 payment.) You can't choose to move your brand free licenses to the forum licenses you prefer, some which may be current and unused, etc.
          Could you not change the website on your licenses? Websites do update and web addresses do change.

Comment

From the day we started offering brand free licenses, we've never allowed the transfer from one license to another.

Found here - http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=faq#faq-11
            Peggy
            ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

Which is what they have already said. If you upgrade your existing license which has brand free applied it will still apply. If you buy a new license, it is not transferrable. What's so hard to understand?
              Aye

Comment

no your vb3 skins will not work
                Zachery, I've just made edits on the CSS style page in VB3 admin.

Is the CSS style page in VB4 admin the same. If this is the case then carrying over our sites colours and gradients + logo.gif (or whatever) should be easy.

Is it the same?
                Pleased Sheep Films - Independent Filmmakers
                Blackburn Web - an online community for Blackburn in Lancashire (thanks to Mark B for the tips)

Comment

Originally posted by Caiman View Post
                  Which is what they have already said. If you upgrade your existing license which has brand free applied it will still apply. If you buy a new license, it is not transferrable. What's so hard to understand?
                  I don't have this problem with most vendors. As long as I consistently apply the brand free to a license, they could care less which license it is. Given that Jelsoft made licenses virtually worthless overnight (so they get full price for the software again from existing customers), I would have thought that existing customers would be granted even this tiny concession. It's adding insult to new injury. At this point, it may be better for us in the long run to write off these licenses with the rest of the recession losses.

Comment

what does this mean? how much will i pay and where is the link to get the discount?
                    You qualify for the reduced fee to upgrade to either the Vb4 suite or VB4 Forums only.

Comment

bump...

Comment

Originally posted by 420 View Post
                        what does this mean? how much will i pay and where is the link to get the discount?
                        Sorry, my answer was in relation of buying the software and not to your original question of branding.

To buy the software you would have been sent an e-mail link to the member area which gives you the reduced pricing
                        https://scottishminis.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to the Scottish Mini scene
                        https://thebookjoint.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to books especially Jack Reacher

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X