Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, I cannot buy a Forum License alone at a discount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slinky
    replied
    Originally posted by i13 View Post
    I have 11 month left ....

and options for me are

either buy now 130$ and have forum +cms

or

upgrade late 175$

or

buy a new one later 195$ and have one spare(expired) one for other(nothing decided) use.

Still confused
    It seems you understand what prices are being offered to you perfectly. I'm not going to be back here on the forums regarding this or other presale threads since I have confirmed the offerings too. Have a good day.

Leave a comment:

• Sushubh
    replied
    exactly the same scenario with me...

Leave a comment:

• i13
    replied
    I have 11 month left ....

and options for me are

either buy now 130$ and have forum +cms

or

upgrade late 175$

or

buy a new one later 195$ and have one spare(expired) one for other(nothing decided) use.

Still confused

Leave a comment:

• slinky
    replied
    Originally posted by Sushubh View Post
    cool thanks!

i guess i have little choice but to get 'sucked' into the promotional offer.

at least they are now offering a smaller discount to customers who have expired licenses. saw that in the backend today.
    There isn't really any discount for expired licenses from what I've seen. I've paid for a full vBulletin forum license and annual upgrades for several years. The price to upgrade this to "publishing suite" which I don't need on some copies, is $190. vBulletin forum new is $195. "Upgrading" later is $175. The way it seems to appear is that if you have an "expired" license, your several year investment in vBulletin now has a market value of zero to $10 as a result of this new pricing system. You have a $45 discount on a prerelease of "suite" and $20 on a new copy, which is 10% of the purchase price and unmarketable in the secondary market. From my decisionmaking standpoint, unless you paid for "branding free" licensing, you're in the same position as anyone who doesn't own a vBulletin license with regard to version 4. Just hard dollars and sense here, not emotionally charged.

Leave a comment:

• Sushubh
    replied
    cool thanks!

i guess i have little choice but to get 'sucked' into the promotional offer.

at least they are now offering a smaller discount to customers who have expired licenses. saw that in the backend today.

Leave a comment:

• ra87
    replied
    All correct

Leave a comment:

• Sushubh
    started a topic So, I cannot buy a Forum License alone at a discount?

So, I cannot buy a Forum License alone at a discount?

I think I know the answer to this question but I still need a confirmation.

I have an active license that ends sometime next year.

So, technically I get free access to vB4 Forum.

But, this means that I would not get upgrades after the duration of my license expires. Q1. Is this correct?

And I cannot buy the vB4 Forum with all upgrades during its lifetime as a current license owner unless I decide to pay the full price of the forum. Q2. Is this correct?

If I need full time access to vB4 and all its upgrades... I would have to pay for either the full license of the forum or the upgrade price of the CMS. Q3. Is this correct?

And if i get the CMS edition, i would be stuck with it for ever and i would never be able to downgrade it to Forum only edition. Q4. Is this correct?

Essentially, I am being forced to get the CMS edition to save money now. Even if I have no plans to use it. And I cannot even tell if this would save me money in the long run considering I really have no use for the CMS component.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X