Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does "old" Project Tools (from 3.8) work with vBulletin 4.0 Forum or Suite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does "old" Project Tools (from 3.8) work with vBulletin 4.0 Forum or Suite?

1. Does "old" Project Tools (from 3.8) work with vBulletin 4.0 Forum?
    2. Does "old" Project Tools (from 3.8) work with vBulletin 4.0 Suite?

I having a forum with Project Tools.

So I have to know what will happen with my Projects after upgrade to 4.) branch and what I have to use (forum or suite) to be able to continue using Project Tools?
    ...... sigpic ...... "А стукачков мы не любим!"

My Modification: Quote Post in PM - passes to new personal message (PM) post's text, username, etc.

Originally posted by Makc666 View Post
    1. Does "old" Project Tools (from 3.8) work with vBulletin 4.0 Forum?
    2. Does "old" Project Tools (from 3.8) work with vBulletin 4.0 Suite?

I having a forum with Project Tools.

So I have to know what will happen with my Projects after upgrade to 4.) branch and what I have to use (forum or suite) to be able to continue using Project Tools?
    1) No
    2) No

vBulletin's project Tool's are now being released for free after v4 on vb.org. vBulletin are offering no refund for people who brought Project Tools

Comment

Originally posted by ra87 View Post
      1) No
      2) No

vBulletin's project Tool's are now being released for free after v4 on vb.org. vBulletin are offering no refund for people who brought Project Tools
      ra87, sorry, but you don't know if they technically work or not.

I asking vBulletin Stuff to answer those questions.

I need to know if Project Tools (from 3.8) technically work with vBulletin 4.0 branch.

My Modification: Quote Post in PM - passes to new personal message (PM) post's text, username, etc.

Comment

ra87, sorry, but you don't know if they technically work or not.

I asking vBulletin Stuff to answer those questions.

I need to know if Project Tools (from 3.8) technically work with vBulletin 4.0 branch.
        They are changing the code/templates, modifications and templates will NOT be portable.

They are releasing a NEW version of project tools for vbulletin v4 on vb.org

Comment

They are changing the code/templates, modifications and templates will NOT be portable.
          And what? That fact doesn't mean that Project Tools and some other Products will stop working in 4.0 version because of those changes.

They are releasing a NEW version of project tools for vbulletin v4 on vb.org
          You are repeating. I know all these facts.

Comment

And what? That fact doesn't mean that Project Tools and some other Products will stop working in 4.0 version because of those changes.
            When someone states that modifications are non-portable. I assume that means they are non-portable?

Non-portable meaning you cannot port them over to vb4 from vb3.8 without making major changes.

If ProjectTool's work on vb4 OTB (Out the box), why would they be releasing another version for v4?

Look at it logically.

Comment

When someone states that modifications are non-portable. I assume that means they are non-portable?

Non-portable meaning you cannot port them over to vb4 from vb3.8 without making major changes.
              Yes. You are right. But can you show me any note about Project Tools' portability in vBulletin Site's FAQ? No you can't. That is why I am asking here.

If ProjectTool's work on vb4 OTB (Out the box), why would they be releasing another version for v4?

Look at it logically.
              This is the answer I want to get from vBulletin Team.

Will the current Project Tools work with v4 or not even out the box?!

Comment

Yes. You are right. But can you show me any note about Project Tools' portability in vBulletin Site's FAQ? No you can't. That is why I am asking here.
                Project Tool's is a modification. Modifications are non-portable. Should vBulletin list every mod in their FAQ stating they are non-portable? I think not.

This is the answer I want to get from vBulletin Team.

Will the current Project Tools work with v4 or not even out the box?!
                It's simply an answer they cannot give you. Their only offical reply on it, is they are releasing the code open source to vb.org so they can make it vb4 compatable.

So as I said, I assume not.

if you want an offical responce, open a ticket!

Comment

Project Tool's is a modification. Modifications are non-portable. Should vBulletin list every mod in their FAQ stating they are non-portable? I think not.
                  Project Tool's is an OFFICIAL modification which you pay money for! The same as Blogs.

So there are only TWO modifications they have to put in FAQ if it is portable or not.

Comment

Project Tool's is an OFFICIAL modification which you pay money for! The same as Blogs.

So there are only TWO modifications they have to put in FAQ if it is portable or not.
                    PT is NO LONGER an official mod!

I doubt that you will be able to download it from the .com-site regardless of the amount of money you put in to upgrade to CMS (of which PT is NOT a part)

Eventually, the PT will show up on the .org-site, and probably you'll be able to download both the 3.8 and the 4.0 version from there.

As for now - perhaps somebody that already upgraded can tell if Blog and Project were made available after the upgrade, or only blog (in 3.8-format that is)

Comment

Their responce is modifications are non-portable. A Modificiation is a modification, offical or not. And yes, as the person above me said, PT is no longer an offical mod.

Comment

It has been confirmed in other places that the hooks etc.. have been changed and moved, requiring most addons and hacks to be updated.

vBulletin are discontinuing Project Tools and are going to release an updated version (code wise) on vbulletin.org that works with v4 (they said they would not fully update it to the new vb4 look).

Given it is now discontinued, if project tools in its current form would work with v4, I honestly can't see why they'd then spend time updating it for v4.

So, we can pretty much assume project tools in its current form, like other addons, needs updated for v4.

That update will be free though.

http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=faq
                        Why did vBulletin decide to discontinue supporting Project Tools?

We want to use our resources on highest priority and most requested features. Project Tools was not very popular. We plan to release Project Tools as an open source project on vBulletin.org.

They said elsewhere it would be updated code-wise but not style wise.
                        Alasdair Stewart || SolidPHP, Inc - www.solidphp.com
                        # License, distribute and sell your PHP scripts - SPBAS licensing solution
                        # Does your licensing provider have over 5 years of experience?

★ STOP PRESS! Click here for my FAQ on the changes for existing customers

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X