Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some answers before going for a vB4.0 Pre-Sale Upgrade

Hello,
    I was about to upgrade to vB 4.0, but I need some questions to be answered before I proceed.

1. What about my current leased license? Can I access to downloads and security patches released for the 3.8 series?

2. What about the validity period? Will my license extended from where it'll end or the countdown will began from the day I purchase the upgrade?

3. Will you provide a direct support for upgrading the forum when the release comes out?

Thanks
    Abhik
    Mobile Discussion Forum | Technology ReDiscussed | Make Money Online

Originally posted by Abhik View Post
    Hello,
    I was about to upgrade to vB 4.0, but I need some questions to be answered before I proceed.

1. What about my current leased license? Can I access to downloads and security patches released for the 3.8 series?

2. What about the validity period? Will my license extended from where it'll end or the countdown will began from the day I purchase the upgrade?

3. Will you provide a direct support for upgrading the forum when the release comes out?

Thanks
    Abhik
    1) If you upgrade, your current leased licese will be overwrote with the new license (which is in essence owned)

2) The license is valid idefinatly. But you can only download v3 & v4, as soon as v4 comes to EOL (End of life) you will no longer be able to download updates for it.

3) If you want vBulletin to update your forums for you, it will cost $150. If you mean will they provide steps to help you upgrade, yes, they will.

Comment

Buy vB4 for $175. Release date unknown.
      Buy vB5 for another $175 18-24 months afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
        Buy vB4 for $175. Release date unknown.
        Buy vB5 for another $175 18-24 months afterwards.
        I don't believe that price or time frame have been confirmed. When stating such things you should make it known that it is a guess and not fact.
        HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
        Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
        iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
        VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael2 View Post
          I don't believe that price or time frame have been confirmed. When stating such things you should make it known that it is a guess and not fact.

one of the vB team already stated they are not even in the idea stages for v5 yet

Comment

It's been confirmed that the pricing will be almost the same as vb4

Comment

Ray said in June they wanted to be knocking on vb5 in 18 months - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=19

Wayne had previously updated the FAQ's in the customer only feedback forum with vb5 upgrade pricing - $175 for forum, $250 for Suite. Please note that no-one from vb has corrected this in the past few days to say it's incorrect.
              Alasdair Stewart || SolidPHP, Inc - www.solidphp.com
              # License, distribute and sell your PHP scripts - SPBAS licensing solution
              # Does your licensing provider have over 5 years of experience?

★ STOP PRESS! Click here for my FAQ on the changes for existing customers

Comment

I'd suggest research before accusing.

See tickedon's most helpful post above.

It's funny -- I've been here 9 years. Why do people think I'm making up things out of whole cloth? Are the facts that terrifying that they must always be questioned?

Comment

Okay, I got it loud and clear.
                  But, still no reply from official staff.
                  Mobile Discussion Forum | Technology ReDiscussed | Make Money Online

Comment

Originally posted by tickedon View Post
                    Ray said in June they wanted to be knocking on vb5 in 18 months - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=19

Wayne had previously updated the FAQ's in the customer only feedback forum with vb5 upgrade pricing - $175 for forum, $250 for Suite. Please note that no-one from vb has corrected this in the past few days to say it's incorrect.
                    They also said vB4 would be in beta in Q2. If IB/Jelsoft had a consistant history of meeting their estimates that'd be one thing but they don't.
                    HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
                    Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
                    iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
                    VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

So you think the pricing is fair based on the likelihood that they will be several months late on delivery of vB5? The more delayed it is, the more fair the pricing? Well that's an interesting way to look at the bottle.

Comment

Yes, until it expires. Than you will need to purchase a vBulletin 4.0 license or remove the software from your server.
                        If you upgrade your leased license to the Suite, your license will remain valid for the life of vBulletin 4.X. When/if you decide to upgrade to vBulletin 5.X, you would then pay another fee.
                        We'll provide the same support for upgrading as we always have.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X