Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin 4.0 and Yahoo! Webhosting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • vBulletin 4.0 and Yahoo! Webhosting

    Yahoo Webhosting
    PHP 4.3.11
    MySQL 4.1.14
    PHP4.3.11

    vBulletin 4.0, Is this possible in Yahoo Webhosting?

  • #2
    No, vBulletin 4 requires php5.

    Comment


    • #3
      I used to have Yahoo hosting. My experience is that their customer service is arrogant and incompetent, they try to find every possible way to squeeze money out of you. Be warned.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Zachery View Post
        No, vBulletin 4 requires php5.
        so much for upgrading to VB4.0

        I am pretty happy with the support I get from Yahoo webhosting,,at least for now.


        yahoo does NOT offer ANY web hosting PKG with PHP 5.0 :doh:
        Last edited by jkcerda; Sun 18th Oct '09, 9:01pm.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
          I used to have Yahoo hosting. My experience is that their customer service is arrogant and incompetent, they try to find every possible way to squeeze money out of you. Be warned.
          Sounds like godaddy before I left them.

          Does yahoo have an actual tech support phone number? I cannot tell from the site.

          Comment


          • #6
            Geocities is closing on OCTOBER 26, 2009. Expect that many customers will be in yahoo webhosting..

            How can we convince Yahoo to upgrade their php 4 to php5? From anyone in Vbulletin team can tell them? As customer in Yahoo webhosting. What we can do?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Abomination View Post
              Sounds like godaddy before I left them.

              Does yahoo have an actual tech support phone number? I cannot tell from the site.
              yes they do,,,but, for some, reason, its a LOT faster to schedule a call using their support website,,, according to the guy, they dont plan on offering PHP 5 anytime soon,,,

              going to have to look into moving my site and THAT is NOT good, yahoo offers umlimited evertyhing

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jkcerda View Post
                yes they do,,,but, for some, reason, its a LOT faster to schedule a call using their support website,,, according to the guy, they dont plan on offering PHP 5 anytime soon,,,

                going to have to look into moving my site and THAT is NOT good, yahoo offers umlimited evertyhing
                Good golly.

                I've got no idea how large your site is but at least think about moving, I have no particular love for hostgator but that is who we use and it works. Tech support answers quickly too.

                It may be possible that yahoo allows things that HG does not that you are using. HG does not appear to be any more expensive. There are many hosts available for you to pick from.

                Program
                Version

                Apache:
                2.2.11

                CentOS:
                5.3

                cPanel:
                11.24.5-RELEASE

                Curl:
                7.12.1

                MySQL
                5.1.30

                phpMyAdmin
                2.11.9.5

                Python:
                2.4.3


                Program
                Version

                Perl:
                5.8.8

                PHP:
                5.2.4

                ionCube Loader:
                3.1.34

                Zend Optimizer:
                3.3.3

                Ruby:
                1.8.7

                Rails:
                2.3.4

                OpenSSL:
                0.9.8e-fips-rhel5

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Abomination View Post
                  Good golly.

                  I've got no idea how large your site is but at least think about moving, I have no particular love for hostgator but that is who we use and it works. Tech support answers quickly too.

                  It may be possible that yahoo allows things that HG does not that you are using. HG does not appear to be any more expensive. There are many hosts available for you to pick from.

                  Program
                  Version

                  Apache:
                  2.2.11

                  CentOS:
                  5.3

                  cPanel:
                  11.24.5-RELEASE

                  Curl:
                  7.12.1

                  MySQL
                  5.1.30

                  phpMyAdmin
                  2.11.9.5

                  Python:
                  2.4.3


                  Program
                  Version

                  Perl:
                  5.8.8

                  PHP:
                  5.2.4

                  ionCube Loader:
                  3.1.34

                  Zend Optimizer:
                  3.3.3

                  Ruby:
                  1.8.7

                  Rails:
                  2.3.4

                  OpenSSL:
                  0.9.8e-fips-rhel5
                  I am not that big, been open for only 5 months,,thing is, I am a noob, Ill have to look into having who ever becomes my new hosting CO move things for me

                  thanks for the tip, Ill look into them

                  cool, seems they offer a LOT of free services and moving its free http://www.hostgator.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Abomination View Post
                    Sounds like godaddy before I left them.
                    To top their crappy service, I got an email 2 years later (no kidding) from Yahoo Billing that I owed them for domain registration for 2 years. I resent Yahoo my cancellation correspondence with them and asked to check whois. The domain didn't even exist anymore. After several calls and emails begging for common sense, Yahoo agreed they were in the wrong and dropped "past due" charges.

                    Two lessons learned:

                    1. Never sign up for webhosting with your domain registrar OR do not register a domain name with your webhoster. Keep the two separate.

                    2. Keep old emails pertaining to business or any money transactions for at least 5 years.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
                      To top their crappy service, I got an email 2 years later (no kidding) from Yahoo Billing that I owed them for domain registration for 2 years. I resent Yahoo my cancellation correspondence with them and asked to check whois. The domain didn't even exist anymore. After several calls and emails begging for common sense, Yahoo agreed they were in the wrong and dropped "past due" charges.

                      Two lesson learned:

                      1. Never sign up for webhosting with your domain registrar OR do not register a domain with your webhoster. Keep the two separate.

                      2. Keep old emails pertaining to business or any money transactions for at least 5 years.


                      thanks for the advice,,,,I'll need to keep that in mind when I transfer to hostgator.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jkcerda View Post
                        when I transfer to hostgator.
                        Hostgator used to have 25 simultaneous users limit on shared server accounts. Check this first before signing up if your forum has active traffic.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jalmz View Post
                          Yahoo Webhosting
                          PHP 4.3.11
                          MySQL 4.1.14
                          PHP4.3.11

                          vBulletin 4.0, Is this possible in Yahoo Webhosting?
                          Unfortunately you won't be able to run 4.0 as the system requirements aren't met. You can read the minimum system requirements in FAQ - What are the system requirements for vBulletin?
                          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yahoo webhosting?

                            FFS why spend a fortune on decent forum software, then put it on utter tripe like Yahoo and GoDaddy? If you want to use these third rate services, why not just get free software? vBulletin will NEVER work satisfactorily on these terrible hosting services.

                            You can get much better hosting from reputable specialist hosting companies for less than $5 a month.
                            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                            TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.2 Demo
                            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Servage

                              I'm running Servage hosting since a year or two, and I,m extremly pleased with both their service and delivery...

                              They run:
                              PHP 5.2.42
                              MySQL 5.0.75

                              /patrick
                              Last edited by George L; Mon 19th Oct '09, 3:30am.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X