Paid, what now??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid, what now??

I'm a new customer and I just purchased the "4.0 forum license".

Upon completing the payment, it returned me to the homepage without any message, confirmation or anything! Just took my money and bam, I'm in no better position than I was before I paid.

What now? Do I have to wait for an email?

On the FAQ it says "How long does it take to get my license information?" which implies that you have to wait for payment to process before you receive your "license information" -- does that mean the customer login details? Or am I supposed to get the customer login details immediately and the license information is something different? I paid with PayPal, it should be instant. I have received nothing after an hour.

I can't receive any support either, because I don't have any customer details...

Forgive me if I'm missing something, and thanks for any help...

You are only going to be missing your money for a short period of time.... I hope when it is available it is a Gold release, as paying for Beta/RC would just get everyone including new potential custumers in an uproar (even more so).

I do hope it has all the major bugs fixed, as I would just be pissed and request funds back. I know people can tell if it was rushed out and do hope it gets the time it needs to correct anything that may devastate a running site.

Must not be clear on main purchases page that product has no release date....

Comment

But from what I read, you can download v3.8.4 until 4.0 is released?

And that's why I bought it, so I could get the 3.8.4 release now and upgrade to 4.0 when it's out.

I should at least get a customer login?!

Right now, my money would be better placed in a drain.

Comment

Are you 100% sure the email is not in your spam box?
        Are you 100% sure the payment went though?
        Are you 100% sure you did NOT pay with an e-check (via paypal, login and see)

Comment

Originally posted by ra87 View Post
          Are you 100% sure the email is not in your spam box?
          Are you 100% sure the payment went though?
          Are you 100% sure you did NOT pay with an e-check (via paypal, login and see)
          Well if not receiving *anything* until payment has processed is normal, then I'll live with that. I hope staff can confirm this...

It's just that, whenever I've purchased anything with PayPal in the past, it's been instant, since it's directly hooked up to my bank account. (I did NOT pay via e-check)

In an ideal world, upon completion of payment it should redirect to a Thank You page, saying that an email was sent; and I'd recieve an instant email saying that I will receive details when payment is processed. Of course, it did none of this, I pressed Pay Now and it returned to the homepage. Great. IB -- if you're intention is to confuse new customers, you're doing a cracking job.

Comment

I noticed and it has been posted that the new 4.0 welcome screen is a bit buggy with the payment system. I too had a few glitches trying to get my payment sent in. But all in all, it worked and I'm kicked back waiting for 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by cory_booth View Post
              I noticed and it has been posted that the new 4.0 welcome screen is a bit buggy with the payment system. I too had a few glitches trying to get my payment sent in. But all in all, it worked and I'm kicked back waiting for 4.0
              May I ask what problems you had; and what was the process after you paid?

Also, can you download 3.8.4?

Comment

You should be able to I just downloaded a copy of my latest version. 3.8.2

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy View Post
                  You should be able to I just downloaded a copy of my latest version. 3.8.2
                  That does not seem right, as once you have purchase vB 4 and you should have access to 'Download Latest Version 3.8.4 Patch Level 1' to older version 2.3.5...

I guess you also have any issue if you are not able to get latest after purchasing vB 4 in presale. Would of though the pre 'Big Sale' would have more then just a few people not having access to most stable release vBulletin script. I guest some get caught in a glitch....

You can always contact sales (once they get that page working....)
                  http://www.vbulletin.com/contact_sales.php

Comment

My license is expired so that's the latest version I can download. I would imagine any new purchases would allow 3.8.4

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
                      You are only going to be missing your money for a short period of time.... I hope when it is available it is a Gold release, as paying for Beta/RC would just get everyone including new potential custumers in an uproar (even more so).

I do hope it has all the major bugs fixed, as I would just be pissed and request funds back. I know people can tell if it was rushed out and do hope it gets the time it needs to correct anything that may devastate a running site.

Comment

If you don't have funds in your paypal account then it will take paypal few days to clear the funds.
                        Still you should have at least received a notification that your payment is pending approval or something.

Originally posted by DanielSefton View Post
                        Well if not receiving *anything* until payment has processed is normal, then I'll live with that. I hope staff can confirm this...

It's just that, whenever I've purchased anything with PayPal in the past, it's been instant, since it's directly hooked up to my bank account. (I did NOT pay via e-check)

In an ideal world, upon completion of payment it should redirect to a Thank You page, saying that an email was sent; and I'd recieve an instant email saying that I will receive details when payment is processed. Of course, it did none of this, I pressed Pay Now and it returned to the homepage. Great. IB -- if you're intention is to confuse new customers, you're doing a cracking job.
                        Washington LimousineBaltimore LimousineFairfax LimousineBWI Limousine

Comment

After the 4.0 site was implemented, I haven't received any emails from vbulletin.com.

Very odd.

Comment

It took 24 hours to receive the new license receipt, and it was then listed as expiring on the 14th of Oct 2010. due to the order form not being updated for the new structure, I do hope the new version does not have such oversight of important details.
                            however when I hit the download 4.0 it took me to the 3.84 patch 1
                            Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

It took 24 hours to receive the new license receipt
                              Hmm, well I contacted support, still awaiting a reply. But if you're saying it comes around 24 hours after ordering, then I guess I'll just have to wait until then. At least I know now.

however when I hit the download 4.0 it took me to the 3.84 patch 1
                              That's ok then, I expected that.

Still you should have at least received a notification that your payment is pending approval or something.
                              Exactly.

Btw, I don't need funds in my PayPal account, I have PayPal setup with a direct wire transfer from my bank. It paid them instantly. It's just their system that's at fault.

They shouldn't have even released their new website/system to the public knowing it doesn't work. It's creating even MORE confusion.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X