Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running 4.0 indefinitely

Another question sorry...

So i pre ordered the publishing suite does this mean i can use vbulletin.com and vbulletin.org indefinitely?

I'm reading stuff about End Of Life, how long is that exactly?

I pre ordered to soon there is lots of stuff i don't quite understand
    www.colonial-forces.be

vB4 Suite takes care of all upgrades and support till vB5 released. If you have active license and buy the Suite, your expiry gets cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Marka Ragnos View Post
      So i pre ordered the publishing suite does this mean i can use vbulletin.com and vbulletin.org indefinitely?
      As long as your licence is valid, then you will have access to vb.org.

As I understand it, a vb4 licence remains valid indefinitely (for vb4), just as an old 3.x owned licence remains valid for vb3 indefinitely.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by Marka Ragnos View Post
        Another question sorry...

I'm reading stuff about End Of Life, how long is that exactly?

I pre ordered to soon there is lots of stuff i don't quite understand
        EOL is estimated at 2 years upto 3 max.

At that time - just as with an owned license on the old system, if you don't upgrade to v5, you can no longer get access to vb.org, but you WILL still be able to run vbulletin on your site.

Comment

Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
          vB4 Suite takes care of all upgrades and support till vB5 released. If you have active license and buy the Suite, your expiry gets cancelled.
          Quoting myself here. Quick question arose. Does support and updates for vB4 go beyond vB5 release date?
          Last edited by kyrgyz; Sun 18 Oct '09, 3:53pm.

Comment

Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
            Quoting myself here. Quick question arose. Does support and updates for vB4 go beyond vB5 release date?
            Yes. As long as the release updates and patches to 4.0 you will be able get them.
            CHIMPIE | SKYWARN | EMTLIFE

Comment

From comments by staff I think EOL of the last version of vb4 would be 3 releases after. So when 5.3 is released
              "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it!' -Team Skunkworkssigpic
              "I was a Hidden Treasure and loved to be known. Therefore I created the Creation that I might be known"

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
                As long as your licence is valid, then you will have access to vb.org.

As I understand it, a vb4 licence remains valid indefinitely (for vb4), just as an old 3.x owned licence remains valid for vb3 indefinitely.
                Originally posted by ra87 View Post
                EOL is estimated at 2 years upto 3 max.

At that time - just as with an owned license on the old system, if you don't upgrade to v5, you can no longer get access to vb.org, but you WILL still be able to run vbulletin on your site.
                One of you have to be wrong. So?

Comment

Originally posted by RadioErewan View Post
                  One of you have to be wrong. So?
                  Paul M is on the staff at vb.org

(in case you did not know)

Comment

Originally posted by Abomination View Post
                    Paul M is on the staff at vb.org
                    (in case you did not know)
                    I noticed it. Nowadays everything has to be confirmed. Free is paid or something...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X