Leased licenses upgrades to VB4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leased licenses upgrades to VB4

Could someone explain what happens to leased licenses that have not expired and this publishing suite upgrade?
    For example, i have a leased license which expires on august 2010. If i want to upgrade to the publishing suite, what should i do?
    What happens if i do the 130 USD suite upgrade? Will my leased license become owned?
    Thanks

Originally posted by enfoque21 View Post
    Could someone explain what happens to leased licenses that have not expired and this publishing suite upgrade?
    For example, i have a leased license which expires on august 2010. If i want to upgrade to the publishing suite, what should i do?
    What happens if i do the 130 USD suite upgrade? Will my leased license become owned?
    Thanks
    Yes. You'll get a vB Suite 4.0 license, which includes v3.8. You'll be able to run v4.x forever.
    Alasdair Stewart || SolidPHP, Inc - www.solidphp.com
    # License, distribute and sell your PHP scripts - SPBAS licensing solution
    # Does your licensing provider have over 5 years of experience?

★ STOP PRESS! Click here for my FAQ on the changes for existing customers

Comment

I have done the 130 USD upgrade and my license still says Leased in the customer panel

Comment

Wow - so if you have a leased license you get to buy a full owned license for vBulletin Suite 4 for $130 but if you paid full price and owned a vBulletin 3.x product that expired this year you have to pay $190?
        My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

Yes because leased licenses are more expensive.
          vB4 SuperCharged
          http://www.gamingmasters.co.uk

Comment

Not if you bought your owned license less than 12 months ago... LOL
            Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkimmortal View Post
              Yes because leased licenses are more expensive.
              In addition to Reeve's comment, your vBulletin license plus annual maintenance fee easily exceeds the cost of an annual leased license.
              My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

Originally posted by enfoque21 View Post
                I have done the 130 USD upgrade and my license still says Leased in the customer panel
                You'll still be running under that leased license until it expires so your panel will still show as leased until then. Under the entry for your leased license you should now see another entry, with a different license number, for your owned license that you just bought for $130

If you don't see that you might want to put in a support ticket and make sure it's all correct.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X