Purchased vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite, some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchased vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite, some questions

I have downloaded the latest 3.8 publishing suite and upgraded my existing forum, am I supposed to see a CMS option somewhere because I don't see one ?

Originally posted by dman75 View Post
    I have downloaded the latest 3.8 publishing suite and upgraded my existing forum, am I supposed to see a CMS option somewhere because I don't see one ?
    Nope. There is no CMS until the release of VB4. The CMS is a part of VB4 not VB3.8.

Just so you don't get confused, there is no such product called VB3.8 Suite, VB3.8 is just forums only.

VB4 is the first version to have a product called a "Suite".
    To be updated...

Comment

No, vBulletin 3.8 is not a publishing suite. The Suite is part of 4.0 which has not yet been released.

Comment

I was just saying because in the download section, the download button says

"Download vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite"

When is VB4 going to be released?

Comment

That is the million dollar question!

We've only heard "Soon" with no specific date. VB4 is still in Alpha testing at this time.
          To be updated...

Comment

Do we download and install it as Beta and eventually upgrade to Gold?

How long is the expected Beta stage to last?
            sigpic
            - Computer Hardware & Software Tech Support Forum - & Maternal Online | Pregnancy & Parenting Portal

Comment

I was just saying because in the download section, the download button says

"Download vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite"

It also says under it

(* download available upon Gold Release)

Again, it's not very clear as nothing states on that page that VB4 isn't currently Gold. It should say "download not available until Gold Release" which would make it more clear that it's not available yet.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X