Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why $175 for renewal when my time is up?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why $175 for renewal when my time is up?

    Can I ask where this $175 figure has come from for the 'forum only' updates, once my current active license is over?

    Will this get lowered anytime to a reasonable amount of money?
    It's an omen...

  • #2
    That is the price that was chosen to be offered. The Forum only product is not scheduled to be further discounted in the foreseeable future.
    Translations provided by Google.

    Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      That is the price that was chosen to be offered. The Forum only product is not scheduled to be further discounted in the foreseeable future.
      Do you understand why this has angered so many?

      You've made our current licenses obsolete, pointless and worthless. You've put us in a 'pay us now, or pay us more later' situation. We've been put in a corner and as a customer (who's already invested in your salaries) that's awful.

      MY question is, where has that $175 come from - if you're valuing the full CMS at $130, how on EARTH did you get $175 for the forum only?!

      I won't be bullied into wasting money paying for things I don't need to or without proper satisfaction. I think I'd rather run 'free' copies of forums than pay over the top just to be 'legit'...if you know what I mean.
      It's an omen...

      Comment


      • #4
        We don't value the CMS at $130. The upgrade to the Publishing Suite is $250.00. Right now it has various discounts available to both current and previous customers that lower that price. The entire Publishing Suite is valued at $495 and we're not selling it for that much even after the sale.

        You can continue using the software you have indefinitely. No one is bullying you into anything. You will even be able to receive updates until its expiry date and it goes inactive. The date is published in your member's are. The choice on what to do is yours. If you don't want to pay now and you don't think the $175.00 later is a good deal than wait until vBulletin 5.0 and upgrade then. You'll be able to run your current version until then if you want.
        Translations provided by Google.

        Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          You'll be able to run your current version until then if you want.
          Without security updates.....no thanks.

          Hmm...You're basically making me pay $175 for security updates between the date my license goes inactive (Aug 2010) and vb5.
          It's an omen...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            You can continue using the software you have indefinitely. No one is bullying you into anything. You will even be able to receive updates until its expiry date and it goes inactive
            I appreciate your time in answering loads of questions regarding all the new licensing issues.

            I don't like the term bullying in any instance as it is often mistrued and realise you were answering a question about it, however, i do feel slightly bullied in this upgrade period of 2 weeks, we are being pushed very hard to take IB's offer within the next 2 weeks or miss out (IB's words)
            I feel very strongly that we should be offered the lower price at our renew date and not the very harsh 30th October.

            I'd easily take any bets that if IB allowed all current owned and leased owners the chance to "upgrade" to VB4 at their renew dates that a lot of the bickering (me included) would blow over
            Last edited by The_Gismo_Man; Sat 17th Oct '09, 8:22pm.
            http://scottishminis.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to the Scottish Mini scene
            http://theifonly.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to golf
            http://thebookjoint.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to books especially Jack Reacher

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The_Gismo_Man View Post
              I appreciate your time in answering loads of questions regarding all the new licensing issues.

              I don't like the term bullying in any instance as it is often mistrued and realise you were answering a question about it, however, i do feel slightly bullied in this upgrade period of 2 weeks, we are being pushed very hard to take IB's offer within the next 2 weeks or miss out (IB's words)
              I feel very strongly that we should be offered the lower price at our renew date and not the very harsh 30th October.
              This thread is the first that explains anything - Steve, I think you just started answering questions about my new thread and thank you. Let me address the unfortunate chaos, confusion and rising heat of the discussion and why I think Jelsoft now Internet Brands unfortunately needs to address it's own releases.

              I received an email regarding the great value that vBulletin has provided for years, etc. and the incredible upgrade price to "valued" customers. Unfortunately at no time was any other pricing mentioned, e.g., what a NEW version of a vBulletin forum or "publishing suite" would cost. It seems to imply that a new version of "publishing suite" would cost $250 new. Now I'm seeing $285? Or is it $495? Or is $495 the "MSRP value" that Jelsoft/IB is touting but selling at a great price of $285 or $250.

              So it appears that the price for a new vBulletin form only version 3 AND 4 forum costs $195. Steve.... with the best of intentions... why would anyone even consider the "upgrade" of their existing 4.0 forum if a whole new copy costs $20 more for another domain? That "upgrade" is 90% of the cost of a new license!!! Quite frankly, that's more like spanking your existing customers and hard.

              No offense, Steve, but from looking at the upgrade offer, people here could misinterpret the intention of Jelsoft / Internet Brands in hoping that licenseholders would blindly upgrade without understanding what all of this meant. Considering we still don't even know some of these answers with any certainty, how can any license holder make a true, informed decision? Additionally, I'm trying to figure out why a new customer can buy an existing copy of version 3.8.x at only $235, get free updates until version 5 and I'm the sucker who is paying $190 to buy an "prerelease update" for my existing vBulletin software which just recently expired. The "$45 discount" represents the loyal and "preferred" customer paying 81% of the cost of a new license.
              Last edited by slinky; Sun 18th Oct '09, 12:23am. Reason: Just realized that the $495 "value" may be "salestalk" and new is $285 - which is it?
              My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by slinky View Post
                So it appears that the price for a new vBulletin form only version 3 AND 4 forum costs $195. Steve.... with the best of intentions... why would anyone even consider the "upgrade" of their existing 4.0 forum if a whole new copy costs $20 more for another domain? That "upgrade" is 90% of the cost of a new license!!! Quite frankly, that's more like spanking your existing customers and hard.
                Please remember that the new vB Forum product does NOT include helpdesk support. You only get that for the first 30 days, so it's not included for a year as it was under the old system. Helpdesk support for vB forum is $80/yr on top. vB Suite includes this for the life of v4.x releases, and so if you require helpdesk support it is the best value:

                New customers - vb Forum + 1 year = $275. vb Suite = $285.
                Upgrading - vbForum $175 + $80 = $255. vb Suite = $250.
                Alasdair Stewart || SolidPHP, Inc - www.solidphp.com
                # License, distribute and sell your PHP scripts - SPBAS licensing solution
                # Does your licensing provider have over 5 years of experience?

                ★ STOP PRESS! Click here for my FAQ on the changes for existing customers

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tickedon View Post

                  New customers - vb Forum + 1 year = $275. vb Suite = $285.
                  Upgrading - vbForum $175 + $80 = $255. vb Suite = $250.
                  So, Jelsoft value its long-term customers at an amazing $25...whoop-de-doo.
                  It's an omen...

                  Comment

                  widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X