Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From WordPress -> vBCMS. Possible? Recommended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From WordPress -> vBCMS. Possible? Recommended?

On our site, we've wordpress CMS installed on www(dot)domain(dot)com and forums reside in /forum. I believe lot of people have similar configuration.

Now, one way to integrate forum with wordpress is to use the bridge available on vb.org. However, I believe its not a complete solution. I'm therefore thinking of setting up vBCMS in place of wordpress.

Question #1:

Will there be a converter available for vBCMS to let us convert from wordpress to vBCMS?

Question #2:

Will you recommend doing that? That is, wouldn't it screw up my SEO, links et al.?

Question #3:

Pardon my ignorance, but I believe there's no way to justify images in vBulletin. What about in vB 4.x? I'd be the last person to upgrade to CMS if I can't wrap text around images in a CMS. Maybe vB could just pick up the wordpress text editor .

Awaiting responses.
    Founder | CrazyEngineers®
    About CE | Small Talk | Official Blog 'VoiCE'
    The Big K's SuperBlog | Join CE!
    The Mobiles Forum. Got A Question?

If you search the forums, you'll see that there's others like yourself who asked the same question about the converter and from what I've heard it's a tossed up between they already have it and they're in the progress of making one.

I already took the dive and bought a license for it and going to give it a try, I'm going to back up my database and covert it over to vbulletin suite and see how it goes myself personally.

And yes, I would like to know rather or not you can wrap text around images as well (haven't looked too much into it so I'm not sure).
    me won't have a signature for a loooooong time

Comment

Originally posted by The_Big_K View Post
      Question #2:
      Will you recommend doing that? That is, wouldn't it screw up my SEO, links et al.?
      Question: Do you really want to change from an established, successfull system to a totally new system? If they would gave me a thousand bucks and lifetime free upgrades I would never switch from successfull system like Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal or Typo3 to a newbie.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Big_K View Post
        On our site, we've wordpress CMS installed on www(dot)domain(dot)com and forums reside in /forum. I believe lot of people have similar configuration.

Now, one way to integrate forum with wordpress is to use the bridge available on vb.org. However, I believe its not a complete solution. I'm therefore thinking of setting up vBCMS in place of wordpress.

Question #1:

Will there be a converter available for vBCMS to let us convert from wordpress to vBCMS?

Question #2:

Question #3:

Pardon my ignorance, but I believe there's no way to justify images in vBulletin. What about in vB 4.x? I'd be the last person to upgrade to CMS if I can't wrap text around images in a CMS. Maybe vB could just pick up the wordpress text editor .

Awaiting responses.
        I wouldn't even worry about switching from WP to the new CMS. I don't cafe how nice the CMS is, it won't compare to wordpress as a CMS, or even come close.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X