Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a question about Multiple domains

I read that post on this forum:

Your forum is accessable from multiple domains and your forums are configured to show/hide certain forums based on the domain. This is not OK and requires an active vBulletin license for each domain. In this situation the forums appear to have separate content thereby making them separate forums in the eyes of the license agreement. Your forum content needs to be the same for each domain in order to qualify as a single forum.
    I would like to ask if I dont upload software twice with one license. But I write myself an add-on (or custom script) then is it allowed?
    Last edited by thanhdat; Sat 17th Oct '09, 1:09pm.
    Vui Ve Club - www.vuiveclub.net

As per the license agreement, you cannot write an addon to circumvent the License Agreement.
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

What if I have 2 licenses, One is installed the newest version and One is expired and use the same database (with upgraded to the newest version of vBb) ?

Comment

Originally posted by thanhdat View Post
        What if I have 2 licenses, One is installed the newest version and One is expired and use the same database (with upgraded to the newest version of vBb) ?
        2 licenses = 2 installations/instances so yes
        Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
        VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
        vBulletin Hosting and Services
        Server / Website Consultation

Comment

If you have two independent licenses, there's no reason why you can't use the same dataset. That means you own the 3.x license, and you buy a full new 4.x license...NOT the upgrade. But realize that support for 3.x will die when your license expires in the next year.

Comment

you can have a splash page in a different directory with an unlimited number of domains pointing to it and have a link on the splash page pointing to the forum. I use a picture with "click picture to enter site"
            Last edited by Buck_gps; Sat 17th Oct '09, 6:59pm.
            VB 4.0 is the same as Windows Vista...

Comment

I dont know if I use the same database which is upgraded to 4.x version and 3.8.2 software will be able to run with 4.x database? Are there some errors then?

Comment

My bad... I wasn't thinking clearly... You are correct and sharing a database between the versions would most likely not work.

Comment

i usually use seperate databases for everything, but one site, i have vbulletin, SMF, and drupal all running from the same database. i use different prefixes and have no issues.
                  VB 4.0 is the same as Windows Vista...

Comment

I will be happy when a vBb staff to answer my question above.
                    I have one small forum, now I want to seperate to two content for each domain.

The price for each license is too high for me (for small forum).
                    I own one expired license (version 3.8.2)and will have to buy the second to seperate.
                    And know if it will work or not!
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by thanhdat View Post
                      I will be happy when a vBb staff to answer my question above.
                      I have one small forum, now I want to seperate to two content for each domain.

The price for each license is too high for me (for small forum).
                      I own one expired license (version 3.8.2)and will have to buy the second to seperate.
                      And know if it will work or not!
                      Thanks
                      Yes - that IS possible, but ONLY if you are running the 3.8.2 version, as you cannot run an instance of 4.0 on an expired 3.8 license. If you want to run the 4.x software or the latest version, you will have to have 2 active licenses.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X