Will the forums be fully free?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the forums be fully free?

I realise that with a forum only V4 licence you must pay $80 to have ticket support. However a couple of questions....

1) if you upgrade to a 'free' V4 licence will the forums still be totally open to us and free?

2) If we do not upgrade to V4 and stay on V3.8 will the forums be totally open to us.

3) Is the $80 annual support fee purely for tickets after the first 30 days.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Ian99; Sat 17 Oct '09, 3:46am.

If your license is open, you've got two choices;

Either pay $130 to recieve all security updates until vb5.
    or
    Pay $175 when your license expires to recieve all security updates until vb5.

You will be given vb4, and vb4.1, vb4.2, vb4.3etc until your current license expires, then it freezes - but you cannot pay '$60' for another years updates anymore.
    It's an omen...

Comment

Sorry for the confusion - meant the forums here

I.e. the licensed members forum, and all the other forums that we currently have.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbook View Post
        If your license is open, you've got two choices;

Either pay $130 to recieve all security updates until vb5.
        or
        Pay $175 when your license expires to recieve all security updates until vb5.

You will be given vb4, and vb4.1, vb4.2, vb4.3etc until your current license expires, then it freezes - but you cannot pay '$60' for another years updates anymore.
        This is not quite correct as I understand it, Blackbook - either pay $130 now for the COMPLETE SUITE and all security updates until vb5
        (or upgrade to FORUM ONLY 4.0 for free, and all security updates until your current updates license expires)
        or
        pay $175 when your license expires to receive all security updates until vb5 for the FORUM software only.

At least I think thats the deal. to be honest it can be a bit confusing at times....

Comment

Sorry guys - but can we not derail the topic.

I would like to know if the forums here (i.e. the ones this topic is on) will be completely free and not dependant upon a support contract.

Thanks.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/ will remain free to use. The day they start charging for that will cause the apocalypse.
            ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

Originally posted by cbiweb View Post
              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/ will remain free to use. The day they start charging for that will cause the apocalypse.
              No offence, but IB have not said it will to non-suite owners or those that pay $80.

That is all I am asking for from IB.

Hints have been made that might suggest it will not be totally free and partially dependant upon a support contract.

I am just asking for clarification.

Comment

That dosnt mean they will charge people to use their own community, it would isolate their members, destroy the community, put an end to pre-sale questions and feedback from their members and it would stop potential members from seeing vBulletin in action.

In other words, it would be comercial suicide to charge members to use this forum.
                My Forums - A Forum dedicated to the horror films comprising the George A. Romero "Dead" series of films, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, Diary of the Dead and Survival of the Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by crossovernetwork View Post
                  This is not quite correct as I understand it, Blackbook - either pay $130 now for the COMPLETE SUITE and all security updates until vb5
                  (or upgrade to FORUM ONLY 4.0 for free, and all security updates until your current updates license expires)
                  ...and then what happens? Carry on that senario?
                  It's an omen...

Comment

The support you are all talking of is:

Support by email & online support ticket system, for one year. Cost is $80.00
                    Support by Customer Forum Support & Public Forum (what's the difference?) remains part of the package.
                    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                    vBulletin Hosting and Services
                    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

4.0 Forum License
                      • Indefinite software license (obviously for series 4.x only)
                      • Free updates for this version
                      • Discounts for next version upgrades
                      • Free forum support <----------- Your answer there.

----------------------------------------------

4.0 Publishing Suite
                      • Indefinite software license
                      • Includes Forums, Blogs, and CMS modules
                      • Free updates for this version
                      • Discounts for next version upgrades
                      • Free forum and ticket support

All this was taking from the purchase page here: http://www.vbulletin.com/order/index.php?do=step1

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X