X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andreas View Post
    It is "available" automatically:

You just have do do nothing and will get access to vBulletin 4 Classic under the terms of your old license, eg. you can download whatever the latest version is as long as your license is active.
    Andreas,

But I have licence that I can download upto 3.7.3 Patch Level 1 , now I want to download 3.8.4 for this licence and now cannot do anything unless I pay upwards of $200 for a renewal, I am happy with 3.8.4 as my other active licence is great with it, I came to do update a couple of days ago, and my costs have raised by over 300% , I am not happy, and I can see a lot of others are not happy, there are winners and losers in this, your new customers will win, existing customers who have inactive licences are the big losers in this.
    Free Kick
    https://apps.facebook.com/freekick-net/forums.php

Comment

I have upgraded to the Suite for $130
      Hope vB makes me and others who got it happy by releasing it this year!

SO even if my vb4 license expires I can still download the updates till 4.x ends right?
      Vote for the development of vBulletin - WordPress Integration Plugin
      Come on people, lets get this plugin made! Put 3 votes! :up:

Comment

Originally posted by amjadz4 View Post
        I have upgraded to the Suite for $130
        [...] SO even if my vb4 license expires
        Your vb4 license doesn't expire.

I can still download the updates till 4.x ends right?
        Yes, that's in the license agreement:
        vBulletin Solutions grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, worldwide license to install, download and use a single instance of the Software [...] For purposes of this Agreement, "Software" includes (and the terms and conditions of this Agreement will apply to) any updates, updated or replacement features enhancements, bug fixes or modified versions (collectively, "Update"). "Update" means a release of the Software which adds minor functionality enhancements to the current version. This class of release is identified by the change of the version number to the right of the decimal point, i.e. 4.1 to 4.2.
        Unfortunately, this is also in the license agreement:

vBulletin Solutions reserves the right to change or add to the terms of this Agreement at any time (including but not limited to Internet-based Solutions, pricing, technical support options, and other product-related policies), and to change, discontinue or impose conditions on any feature or aspect of the Software, or any Internet-based Solutions provided to you or made available to you through use of the Software. Such changes will be effective upon notification by any means reasonable to give you actual or constructive notice including by posting such terms on the vBulletin.com website, or another website designated by vBulletin Solutions. Your continued use of the Software will indicate your agreement to any such change.
        So all bets are of, really.
        Last edited by renep; Sat 17 Oct '09, 1:23pm. Reason: Add link to the license agreement
        "The lurking suspicion that something could be simplified is the world's richest source of rewarding challenges"
        - Edsger Dijkstra

Comment

Watch out people, they are now giving out infractions to those of us who express out right to air our POV and displeasure of how they have decided to do business! And cheat people!
          My post was deleted!!! I got an infraction!

Comment

You just have do do nothing and will get access to vBulletin 4 Classic under the terms of your old license, eg. you can download whatever the latest version is as long as your license is active.
            Then why not the option to keep paying $60 for renewals? Our forum shifted from a Leased license to an owned license at the last renewal, with the idea that it would have saved us money in the long run, now that extra money disappears without anything to show for it.

So what if we have a slight chance to be able to upgrade to vB4 if we have no option to renew the updates without spending the cost of the whole license again?

Comment

Originally posted by whitehornmatt View Post
              Then why not the option to keep paying $60 for renewals? Our forum shifted from a Leased license to an owned license at the last renewal, with the idea that it would have saved us money in the long run, now that extra money disappears without anything to show for it.

So what if we have a slight chance to be able to upgrade to vB4 if we have no option to renew the updates without spending the cost of the whole license again?
              Yes, that is correct, they are no longer offering that renewal, as it was not getting them enough money, so instead, when your license runs out, instead of paying $60, your have to pay $175 for an upgraded license (-$20 off the cost of a new license)

Comment

Yes, that is correct, they are no longer offering that renewal, as it was not getting them enough money, so instead, when your license runs out, instead of paying $60, your have to pay $175 for an upgraded license (-$20 off the cost of a new license)
                $20 is all that an owned vB3 license gets you? Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smoking Gun! View Post
                  I think it rather curious how you managed to ignore those many many people in my shoes, also as a result of listening to YOUR advice to not wait, to make a purchase or renewal!!!

Did you not SEE my post in with these others that you quoted in your response?

Or are you just so ashamed of your insistence for us to go ahead and throw our money in the trash???
                  Not ashamed and I stand by my words. If you hadn't maintained your license as active, you wouldn't have access to the best Suite discount here. That is your best upgrade path, even if you don't want to use the CMS and Blog today. If you choose not to upgrade you can continue upgrading your Forums with the newest version until they expire and go inactive. The choice is yours.

If you are a company staff member then address this issue, if you are not a member of the company staff then you had NO RIGHT telling us not to wait to make our purchases, and represent yourself to appear to be "in the know", unless you too lack ethics and integrity as Jelsoft and IB have represented themselves to having lost sight of, when you didn't even hint at to us to pass on buying the blog, or waste our money!!!!
                  It would have only been a waste if your didn't implement the forums and blogs when you purchased it.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                    Not ashamed and I stand by my words. If you hadn't maintained your license as active, you wouldn't have access to the best Suite discount here. That is your best upgrade path, even if you don't want to use the CMS and Blog today. If you choose not to upgrade you can continue upgrading your Forums with the newest version until they expire and go inactive. The choice is yours
                    I agree the Suite upgrade at $130 is the best choice for V4.

Do you agree though, upgrades in the future to v5, v6 etc.. will cost more for the suite than the equivalent forum upgrade?
                    Alasdair Stewart || SolidPHP, Inc - www.solidphp.com
                    # License, distribute and sell your PHP scripts - SPBAS licensing solution
                    # Does your licensing provider have over 5 years of experience?

★ STOP PRESS! Click here for my FAQ on the changes for existing customers

Comment

Originally posted by renep View Post
                      Your vb4 license doesn't expire.

Yes, that's in the license agreement:

Unfortunately, this is also in the license agreement:

Quote:
                      vBulletin Solutions reserves the right to change or add to the terms of this Agreement at any time (including but not limited to Internet-based Solutions, pricing, technical support options, and other product-related policies), and to change, discontinue or impose conditions on any feature or aspect of the Software, or any Internet-based Solutions provided to you or made available to you through use of the Software. Such changes will be effective upon notification by any means reasonable to give you actual or constructive notice including by posting such terms on the vBulletin.com website, or another website designated by vBulletin Solutions. Your continued use of the Software will indicate your agreement to any such change.
                      So all bets are of, really.
                      Actually allot of license agreements and terms of service are written in such a way to SOUND legally binding, but just because it is stated it does NOT mean it will hold up in court, especially when the license in question is not honored by the party creating the agreement, it is a two way agreement, or how else can it be at all legal"

If one side of the parties engaged in said agreement can change the rules as it applies to them, but the other party cannot and is subject to loss as a result, any dispute of that rule or the licensor's failure to live up to their obligation of that agreement can change it for anyone buying under that changed agreement but the statement that they reserve the right to change it is meant as a loophole in their perspective of the agreement however this is just a statement on their part which will not stand up in any court!

By selling a blog that is known to be obsolesced and not continuing to support and update both the blog and 3.8 is a clear contradiction to the license agreement and this is what we pay for, the license, the sogtware is easily available through many P2P sites, but licensing is not, so for doing the right thing, everyone who has mage a purchase beyond the forums alone have no upgrade option that allows for the continuation of the use of other products purchased under said agreement, so only the license for the forums is partially lived up in as much as rthose with active licenses can upgrade to 4.0 wiht out additional expense but if you want to keep blog or PT you have no choice but to stay with m3.8 which will no longer be supported, which then contradicts the agreement you paid to have, which is meant to maintain the forums and purchased mods from bugs and security issues, and this is what is not right about this whole thing, because someone states something in a license doesnot makeit legally binding if one side can breach it with out consquences but the other cannot, why should they get paid for something they are not providing the services for?

TSG!

Comment

Originally posted by tickedon View Post
                        Do you agree though, upgrades in the future to v5, v6 etc.. will cost more for the suite than the equivalent forum upgrade?
                        Yes. It provides more though and gives you the tools to build a content publishing and networking site, not just a forum. I don't think we ever said that upgrading the Suite in the future would cost less than upgrading the Forum. Even then, it is still the better value because it gives you the tools to create a site where you can recoup that value, even if you're a hobbyist.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                          Not ashamed and I stand by my words. If you hadn't maintained your license as active, you wouldn't have access to the best Suite discount here. That is your best upgrade path, even if you don't want to use the CMS and Blog today. If you choose not to upgrade you can continue upgrading your Forums with the newest version until they expire and go inactive. The choice is yours.

It would have only been a waste if your didn't implement the forums and blogs when you purchased it.
                          What does
                          "It would have only been a waste if your didn't implement the forums and blogs when you purchased it."
                          that even mean???

I purchased both and installed both only to find I lose the blog in order to keep a forums that is supported because they did not allow for backwards compatibility to the previous mods you all know many of us have and by selling that in it self is wrong no matter how you rationalize it, I spent money on something you are not going to support with in a month of purchase despite the license stating it will be supported and upgraded for a year with out additional charge, so where is my continued support and upgrade for what was purchased???

My choices are clear, get 4.0 lose blogs, or stay with 3.8 and lose support, but keep blog that also has no support, how does that equate to any part of the license I purchased under???

And no, reserving the right to change the license agreement does NOT mean you no longer have to honor the license in force at the time of entering the agreement, because any license changes can only apply to those purchasing and entering THAT agreement as it was at the time they entered in to it and accepted those terms, I only accepted the terms of the license I purchased and once you choose to stop honoring it you ar in fact breaching the terms of that agreement!

Not this is not opinion, look it up, reserving the right only applies to the changes to those entering the new agreement the original agreement is still binding!!!

TSG!

Comment

Wayne,

I think most of the grumbling would go away if people with inactive licence didn't have to pay almost 90% of the new price to upgrade their licences to the new version 4, I would bite the bullet and go with it to be honest, but I find that path is not open to me on one of my licences, I just think existing customers are being alienated by Jelsoft, and that cannot be a goodf thing for a company with their clients, do you (Jelsoft) realise that there are a lot of competition and a recession on at the moment?
                            Free Kick
                            https://apps.facebook.com/freekick-net/forums.php

Comment

I think you should reread the license agreement in your Forums directory completely and in its entirety.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by taffy056 View Post
                                Wayne,

I think most of the grumbling would go away if people with inactive licence didn't have to pay almost 90% of the new price to upgrade their licences to the new version 4, I would bite the bullet and go with it to be honest, but I find that path is not open to me on one of my licences, I just think existing customers are being alienated by Jelsoft, and that cannot be a goodf thing for a company with their clients, do you (Jelsoft) realise that there are a lot of competition and a recession on at the moment?
                                Completely different issue and off-topic for this thread.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X