Doesn't make sense to upgrade an expired license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't make sense to upgrade an expired license

If I buy a new CMS license it's only $235 YET if I upgrade one of my expired licenses it's $250. Why in the world would I upgrade then?

Something is skewed here. If you guys can get me the CMS version for $235 or less, I'll jump on it. Otherwise, what's the use. I might as well just buy a new license and change the site URL later, no?

Come'on Jelsoft, get your act togeter. Us old customer want to support the product but you are making it REALLY hard to do so.

1. it's late
    2. it's beta
    3. it's buy before you try
    4. no shopping cart option
    5. Joomla and Drupal are kickin' your butt...

Off the soapbox now.

Regards,

Nestor
    vBulletin user since 2001

We will have discounted pricing for expired owned licenses in the system soon. See the announcement forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Morgan
      For licenses that expired in the last 12 months, we are offering an extra $45 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings of $50. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $190, a total savings of $95.
      There is only one option button in my account:

vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite $250.00 (until Oct 30, 2009 !)

my license expire 6 months ago.

How come my license is more expensive than new license? $235

i would be happy to upgrade but dont have to be like this seems you guys in vBulletin dont appreciate current customers (in my opinion).

Cheers!

BusyBee

Comment

With the new discount and price for those owned but expired ($190), the real question is:

Upgrade current License for $190

or

Purchase a new License for $235 (only $45 more) and now you will have 2 vB Licenses (though 1 will be up to v3.8 only - the other will be v4.0 Suite).

Comment

Is this posted yet or is there another announcement coming soon? I cannot find any different pricing for expired owned licenses and when I log in it tells me to upgrade it will cost $250.

Please advise.

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          We will have discounted pricing for expired owned licenses in the system soon. See the announcement forums.

Comment

They Posted that you will get the option to "Upgrade" your current License (though expired maintenance) to v4.0 Suite for $190.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320542
            Pre-Sale offer for customers with expired licenses
            Due to an overwhelming response and interest in the pre-sale event for vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite, we've decided to extend an offer to those customers with inactive licenses.

For licenses that expired in the last 12 months, we are offering an extra $45 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings of $50. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $190, a total savings of $95.

For licenses that expired more than 12 month ago, we are offering an extra $25 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings of $50. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $210, a total savings of $75.

These limited time offers expire on October 30, 2009. Beginning on October 31, the price will be $285.

You will be able to take advantage of this offer in the next couple of days - we are currently working to make it an option in your shopping cart. We will notify you once this offer is live on the website.
            That is basically the same price you would have paid a day before the v4.0 Suite Announcement, which would be:

• $ 60 to renew
            • $130 to upgrade to v4.0 Suite

Now, if you had renewed before the end of your expiration, you could have saved $30 (renew for $30 vs $60).

Comment

Originally posted by turbe View Post
              With the new discount and price for those owned but expired ($190), the real question is:

Upgrade current License for $190

or

Purchase a new License for $235 (only $45 more) and now you will have 2 vB Licenses (though 1 will be up to v3.8 only - the other will be v4.0 Suite).
              if you dont renew the current license you gonna have to stick with the software without any update until the version discontinue...

for me, still need to see the demo before i buy it.

Comment

Okay, I have logged in and see my discount for my expired license is down to $210 as opposed to the $235 special that was being offered.

Thanks for listening guys. I will consider it even more strongly now but I'm putting my still lingering concerns in a new thread.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X