Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who pay for vB4 ? that he can show a Demo ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H2k View Post
    i know this posted many time ... but this is not fair how come i pay for something that i dont see it .. anyway thanks for the answer will be waiting till they release it in public
    Originally posted by Morsolo View Post
    Both versions of Windows had already gone through betas at that stage and there were literally millions of video, pictures and reviews all over the Internet.

Windows 7 took that further with a public beta that was 100% free for everyone. I definitely don't see vBS taking that approach.
    Exactly. It is not fair at all. How many more customers need to complain about this here or all over the internet for IB to wake up?
    How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

Take a look at this: http://www.naturalselection2.com/

That was the first product I had heard of where it was available for sale before an alpha was even released. It went on sale this summer and there is still no alpha or any idea when there will be one. Also that video was all you got to see as far as the actual game play goes.

So it is not totally unheard of for a company to sell a product even though it does not yet exist. I am going to buy VB4 in advance because I know how VB3 worked and did what I needed and I know that VB4 will have lots of new features that I will like to see on my site. Similar to how I also ordered NS2 because I know that NS was a great game and I trust the developers who made the first game great to do a good job on version 2.

Personally the big thing for me about the demo is when custom styles will be available. I can not start using it until I get some nice styles that match my current themes and so I just hope that a demo or alpha comes out before full release soon so that people can get working on the mods

Comment

Originally posted by Chimpie View Post
        You are wrong. There will be nothing forcing you to upgrade to 5.0, just as there is nothing forcing you to upgrade to 4.0.
        That is INCORRECT. My 3.x license is expired, and I am unable to download the latest version unless I purchase 4.x. They have removed the option to renew your 3.x license without warning. Just thought I would clarify this.

Comment

Originally posted by ZERO <ibis> View Post
          Personally the big thing for me about the demo is when custom styles will be available. I can not start using it until I get some nice styles that match my current themes and so I just hope that a demo or alpha comes out before full release soon so that people can get working on the mods
          Alpha is already out for a selected few. I've already purchased vB Suite upgrade, but I won't be actually upgrading my site until mods, add-ons, skins, languages, etc are reworked for compatability with vB4. I sure hope Beta will be out very soon and be available to developers.

Comment

I wouldn't pay for something I have not seen. If VB 4.0 is so great why not implement it on vbulletin.org or similar?

At least we would have the opportunity to test the software from a members prospective.

We are told VB 4.0 is this and that but what evidence have we seen, a few screen shots whoopee, they do not reflect the speed and efficiency of the product, they are just snap shots.

All those people who have pre bought VB 4.0 or will argue about games ect that are sold on pre release, your argument is flawed as with most pre releases you will get a video and or demo, along with screen shots, yet we are expected to fork out a lot of money on a product that is created by mostly unknown developers and lets face it a company most have had no dealings with.

VB 4.0 is not created by the same people who created VB 3.X (Well maybe One or Two).

Internet Brands is largely a new company and new development team and we are expected to pay out on the word of a company who are relatively unknown to most.

Comment

Originally posted by Morsolo View Post
              Both versions of Windows had already gone through betas at that stage and there were literally millions of video, pictures and reviews all over the Internet.
              Good point.

Come on nexialys, should we really expect to take the same "leap of faith" with Internet Brands as we might with Microsoft? It's my opinion the upgrade window for special pricing should be 30 days AFTER 4.0 is online here as an example of what can be done with it. There should also be a comprehensive list of all the alleged improvements, modifications and new features.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros View Post
                I wouldn't pay for something I have not seen. If VB 4.0 is so great why not implement it on vbulletin.org or similar?

At least we would have the opportunity to test the software from a members prospective.

We are told VB 4.0 is this and that but what evidence have we seen, a few screen shots whoopee, they do not reflect the speed and efficiency of the product, they are just snap shots.

All those people who have pre bought VB 4.0 or will argue about games ect that are sold on pre release, your argument is flawed as with most pre releases you will get a video and or demo, along with screen shots, yet we are expected to fork out a lot of money on a product that is created by mostly unknown developers and lets face it a company most have had no dealings with.

VB 4.0 is not created by the same people who created VB 3.X (Well maybe One or Two).

Internet Brands is largely a new company and new development team and we are expected to pay out on the word of a company who are relatively unknown to most.
                Yes, but if there was anything dodgy about the company, then surely loads of the original staff would have left.

Oh...wait...!

Seriously though, the problem with a demo as I see it is that unless the alpha is about to go into beta and is thus almost fully functional, if they show you an alpha you won't be very impressed and think "screw that".

I think the issue is they should have held the sale later, once the beat is on here for all to see.

That said, Wayne says they're working on getting a demo for next week. I really, *really* hope it's ready for demo, because if it isn't, it'll (wrongly) destroy confidence in the product because too many on here don't understand what "alpha" actually means.

The company is making naive decisions, it lacks experience in the market and it shows. They must surely regret Kier, Mike and Scott all leaving.
                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

You are wrong. There will be nothing forcing you to upgrade to 5.0, just as there is nothing forcing you to upgrade to 4.0.
                  Originally posted by ruinernix View Post
                  That is INCORRECT. My 3.x license is expired, and I am unable to download the latest version unless I purchase 4.x. They have removed the option to renew your 3.x license without warning. Just thought I would clarify this.
                  Nope, my quoted post is still correct. There is nothing forcing you to upgrade to 4.0.

No one is forcing you to run a website.
                  No one is forcing you to run a forum.
                  No one is forcing you to use vBulletin.

You are free to do what you wish, when you wish.

You can shut down your forum, your site and move on with life. OR, you can take advantage of a great deal being offered and get 4.0 for a discounted price.
                  CHIMPIE | SKYWARN | EMTLIFE

Comment

Nope, my quoted post is still correct. There is nothing forcing you to upgrade to 4.0.

You can shut down your forum, your site and move on with life. OR, you can take advantage of a great deal being offered and get 4.0 for a discounted price.
                    True. And if your wife/girlfriend screws you over, you can also walk out the door. But it will still hurt, and you still try to reconcile, try and find a solution, hoping BOTH parties try and work things out. And in the mean time, you're going to vent to others.

Comment

Chimpie thats a very childish and negative attitude towards new users and old also... The reason people are here is because the software is successful, people love the current 3.8.4 we don't know what 4 will be like so YES we are being forced into buying it... This is what happens when companies get too much power on the net. Even Microsoft continued to sell XP, Vista while 7 was released...

Comment

Originally posted by garretbyrne View Post
                        This is what happens when companies get too much power on the net. Even Microsoft continued to sell XP, Vista while 7 was released...
                        Good point. It would be like Microsoft requiring you to buy Vista just to be able to keep your XP updated.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. Even if I do end up buying the Suite/CMS version, there's no way I can use it on any of my sites until shopping cart and skins become widely available.

I have a few sites and and doing just fine with Joomla and Drupal integrated with VB and there are literally thousands of free mods and plugins available today for these packages and the rational for forking over hundreds of dollars to a half finished product is pretty slim.

That being said, I know Jelsoft will get their act together EVENTUALLY and offer tighter out of the box integration than any of the above or other options available today.

Fortunatly for Jelsoft, they were wise in offering lifetime updates for the version 4 series. Without that I definitely would have phased out VB on my sites so kudos for the staff that considered and implemented that.

Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
                          Alpha is already out for a selected few. I've already purchased vB Suite upgrade, but I won't be actually upgrading my site until mods, add-ons, skins, languages, etc are reworked for compatability with vB4. I sure hope Beta will be out very soon and be available to developers.

Comment

Originally posted by H2k View Post
                            i know this posted many time ... but this is not fair how come i pay for something that i dont see it .. anyway thanks for the answer will be waiting till they release it in public

Think of it as Voting for your candidate

You hear a bunch of things that make ya feel real good

Ya buy into it with out question

Then after the votes are in you find out that the DOLT you voted for! Well How is all that hope & changed doing for ya

Simply just do not pay for it, I make it a point to never buy 1st generation anything. I wait for the votes to be tallied and for all the main fixes to be pushed out....

It is not unusual to have pre sign ups, simply it is a quick way of raising revenue. I do not participate in the pre sales ata ll, if the product is worth is spit I buy it, if not I dont. Saving $50 is not worth the headache of unknowns.

How many people, buy Microsofts pre-releases as a Pseudo Beta? Piss poor practice to offer customers a chance to do Beta testing for you and charge them to do so, but then again, customers do shell out the coin to be a ginnie pig.

Is it fair? who said life is fair
                            Last edited by R1-Limited; Sat 17th Oct '09, 6:51am.
                            http://www.NorCalSportRiders.com
                            Best of the Northern tribes

Comment

some example videos

From Fred Blog
                              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php?bt=6604

demonstration video
                              http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cQVn6inpa

hope that helps answer some questions

Comment

So the argument here is that this is an "unknown" developer and the game developer is not? I used NS2 as an example primarily becuase unknown worlds is a very unknown developer in the gaming market and in fact has never sold a game before. The original NS game was simply a mod for HL1 and was thus a free game you can still download today. The new game however cost actual money and uses its own custom engine that has never been used on any game before and was sold when the only material available was that one video showing only 3 of the literally thousands of things that are supposed to be in the game. A game that also did not have any release date. The point here is why would anyone pay for that and the simple reason is that they trust the company to "eventually" produce the product and that it will be of good quality.

No one if forcing people to spend their money and if you want you can think of the discount as a way to make up for the risk in the investment. You can buy the product now with risk at a lower cost or invest later at a higher cost for greater security.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X