Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• better business?

Hi,

I am a prospective vbulletin purchaser, and had a pre-sales question. Specifically, is vbulletin registered with the Better Business Bureau? For me that is an important safety measure and something I'd like to know before buying a forum software. I have looked at http://www.bbb.org but have not found vbulletin registered...

Thanks.

http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Repor...-Inc-100013870

Internet Brands is the company owner of vBulletin Solutions™
    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

No rating of that company yet

Comment

to have raitings, do they need to have flaws?

it's a new registration, so i suppose nobody commented yet or had business with them since they registered.

personally, a directory mean nothing to the real public... to the investors, maybe so you know if the company is solid... but the reputation and the result of sales and delivery is way more important. and as they just sell a software, you need to compare the software efficiency against others of the same range... http://www.forummatrix.org/ this place is a good start...
        oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Don't worry, they are legit. I've been a customer since 2001 and have never had a problem.

But look around the web, how man vBulletins do you see out there? You'd think if they were shady there be so many VB users out there?

Originally posted by legal99 View Post
          Hi,

I am a prospective vbulletin purchaser, and had a pre-sales question. Specifically, is vbulletin registered with the Better Business Bureau? For me that is an important safety measure and something I'd like to know before buying a forum software. I have looked at http://www.bbb.org but have not found vbulletin registered...

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nestor View Post
            Don't worry, they are legit. I've been a customer since 2001 and have never had a problem. <br /><br />But look around the web, how man vBulletins do you see out there? You'd think if they were shady there be so many VB users out there?
            I have been a customer since 2000 and have not had too many problems until now but the company owning the forum changed lately and since there is no positive reviews on the better business bureau about them it is normal legal99 asked that question...

Comment

Originally posted by Alwaysmefirst View Post
              I have been a customer since 2000 and have not had too many problems until now but the company owning the forum changed lately and since there is no positive reviews on the better business bureau about them it is normal legal99 asked that question...
              They are still a legitimate business. From that perspective, nobody need worry about buying anything from them, they aren't going to run off with the money or anything.
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                They are still a legitimate business. From that perspective, nobody need worry about buying anything from them, they aren't going to run off with the money or anything.
                1. Jelsoft, the company that you did business with since is not in the picture any more. Internet Brands is the new company that bought Jelsoft and is now running the show, in case you didn't realize.

2. The BBB may not always be the best indicator of a business. Internet Brands recently went public and has certain reporting requirements of which you can review of the past few years. Additionally, the company that would be pegged for the BBB reports wouldn't be Internet Brands but the new company that is a wholly owned subsidiary of IB, probably vBulletin Solutions, Inc., which is new.

3. Regarding making confirmations that nobody is running off with the money, did you see what happened on Wall Street over the past year? Just ribbing you Mark.
                My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

wow, i just realized the headquarters is 5 minutes from my house. anyone else close?

Comment

Originally posted by ricerice View Post
                    wow, i just realized the headquarters is 5 minutes from my house. anyone else close?
                    LOL... planning to storm the Bastille?
                    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

Originally posted by ricerice View Post
                      Can you go and have a word with em lol
                      Free Kick
                      https://apps.facebook.com/freekick-net/forums.php

Comment

i want to go by and get my discount.

Comment

Originally posted by legal99 View Post
                          Hi,

Thanks.

Legal, I'm not sure if you are new to the forum space, but my immediate reaction to your post was, "are you kidding?". Vbulletin has been the market leader for commercial forum software for a number of years. We are talking about forums. Many forums' sole purpose is to let people rant and complain. If they weren't doing what they do well, then you would be hearing about it very loudly from all the forum webmasters that run forums. There is no way they could escape criticism from any missteps since many of the largest forums run their software and could easily dedicate a whole forum to complain about them.
                          Mikey
                          PDAPhoneHome ... Get Converged! / NortheastFoto ... Get Imaged!

Comment

well written, agreed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X