Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buy now get the product later ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Buy now get the product later ?

    I can not believe how people are parting with their cash for a product they have not even tried yet. What if you don't like it when it comes out, do you get your money back. ?
    Jelsoft should IMHO at least get a demo version out before asking users to pay up front.

  • #2
    It's done all the time with all types of software. I don't see why people have a big deal with it. Either you take the sale price they're giving before hand or you wait.
    I pre-purchase games all the time just from seeing a trailer video. And that's at full price.

    Comment


    • #3
      Well i have always used trial/demo's to see if it does what it says on the tin before parting with my cash.
      Would you walk in to a garage and hand over thousands for a new car that's not not available yet, you just get to see some pictures, no test drive, just hand over the cash.

      Comment


      • #4
        now or later .. you must buy it .. why?

        simply, you are not going to get support for the current version in future! so, your version will be died .. same as vB 2.x.x! "+_-

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by acwatts View Post
          I can not believe how people are parting with their cash for a product they have not even tried yet. What if you don't like it when it comes out, do you get your money back. ?
          Jelsoft should IMHO at least get a demo version out before asking users to pay up front.

          I'd much rather part with $130 now, than $250 when its released

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by acwatts View Post
            Well i have always used trial/demo's to see if it does what it says on the tin before parting with my cash.
            Would you walk in to a garage and hand over thousands for a new car that's not not available yet, you just get to see some pictures, no test drive, just hand over the cash.
            If I had the money and could of picked up a 2002 camaro before they went out of production, then actually yes, I would of bought one from pictures

            But generally, the comparison is a bit off because of the price. Would you buy a microwave oven without testing it first? That's about the price range we're talking about.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by FenrisWolf View Post
              But generally, the comparison is a bit off because of the price. Would you buy a microwave oven without testing it first? That's about the price range we're talking about.
              Yes because in the UK they come with either a 14 or 28 days money back guarantee.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by acwatts View Post
                I can not believe how people are parting with their cash for a product they have not even tried yet. What if you don't like it when it comes out, do you get your money back. ?
                Jelsoft should IMHO at least get a demo version out before asking users to pay up front.
                My point is : I Pay "NOW", but "WHEN" I will receive the update?
                Tomorrow?
                Next month?
                Next year?
                Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
                Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by acwatts View Post
                  Yes because in the UK they come with either a 14 or 28 days money back guarantee.
                  hah ok, you got me there.
                  How about this, you walk into a pub, tell them you want a pint and bangers and mash, but you want to sample it first?
                  I know, quite a bit less in price, but you brought up the car which is quite a bit more in price

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    vBulletin has a proven record of delivering a quality bulletin board. I've been managing forums for years, and I've always been excited about new updates to see what kind of goodies have been added.

                    There is nothing that leads me to believe vb4 is going to be worse than 3.x. The screenshots are up. The forum looks good. The CMS looks good. I want it. I will buy it. Why is that so hard to make sense out of? Do you think it's a lie or something? for the last year, the only thing they've accomplished is photoshopped screenshots?

                    reach around and pull your head out of your ass.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by NathanLedet View Post
                      vBulletin has a proven record of delivering a quality bulletin board. I've been managing forums for years, and I've always been excited about new updates to see what kind of goodies have been added.

                      There is nothing that leads me to believe vb4 is going to be worse than 3.x. The screenshots are up. The forum looks good. The CMS looks good. I want it. I will buy it. Why is that so hard to make sense out of? Do you think it's a lie or something? for the last year, the only thing they've accomplished is photoshopped screenshots?

                      reach around and pull your head out of your ass.
                      Previous releases were made by the tried and trusted original developers, nearly all of whom have left following the takeover.

                      What we now have is a different company, a different team, and a different product. A company, incidentally, who has proved that trusting it is risky to say the least.

                      People are right to be trepidatious.
                      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                      TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
                      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by acwatts View Post
                        I can not believe how people are parting with their cash for a product they have not even tried yet. What if you don't like it when it comes out, do you get your money back. ?
                        Jelsoft should IMHO at least get a demo version out before asking users to pay up front.
                        You are one of the many outraged customers who feel exactly like this. IB still hasn't solved this appaling issue. And it is loosing customers by the day because of it... and many other things. There needs to be a lot of damage-control done the next weeks to be able to get people's trust back, if that is even possible at this stage.
                        How much do you love XenForo?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Grover View Post
                          You are one of the many outraged customers who feel exactly like this. IB still hasn't solved this appaling issue. And it is loosing customers by the day because of it... and many other things. There needs to be a lot of damage-control done the next weeks to be able to get people's trust back, if that is even possible at this stage.
                          They've gone too far downhill already.

                          Anyone who is confused about vB4 in general (everyone) will come to this forum, read a few threads and leave for IPB.
                          vB4 SuperCharged
                          http://www.gamingmasters.co.uk

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well only because a friend recently told me about some of the proposed changes, I decided to see what is going on and to be honest, I'm not happy with the way things are looking for VBulletin.

                            I have an IPB board that is more successful than my VB board in it has more members more traffic ect ect.

                            If VB 4.0 proves to be the big scam it seems I will have no problems with dropping VB and buying a 2nd IPB License.

                            IMO IPB is a better software anyway, people only go for VB because it leads the market, this will almost certainly change if VB 4.0 fails to deliver on it's promise, especially seen as IB seem to have no loyalty towards the long term loyal customers.

                            I think when IB bought out Jelsoft, they were only buying into the business, not the community. It's always been the community that made VB what it is/was, this is being lost, more people will convert to other forum software & unfortunately more people will start to use nulled boards.

                            The pricing system seems unfair and if nothing is resolved I will be contacting my local Trading Standards Office, as when I purchased my owned license I bought it on the understanding that, when it expired I would only have to pay around £30.00 annually to keep receiving updates & support.

                            We will have to wait and see how this all pans out.

                            Where's Steve Machol to say disable all plugins when you need him
                            Last edited by Davros; Fri 16 Oct '09, 6:27pm.

                            Comment

                            widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X