Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Beta be made available to licensees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Beta be made available to licensees?

I've not been at the helm of a vBulletin board as a new major release was pending, so I don't know what's customary... Will Beta versions be made available to vB4 licensees for the development of new templates and graphics?

This update isn't like the ones in the past
    From what I remember, the devs said only Gold will be presented to active license holders. (that's why they have beta-testers right now)
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Alpha testing is normally closed, but beta testing is generally open. You can upgrade to a beta if you have a current live license.

Hmm, although it would probably be a current VB4 license I guess. It never used to matter before.
      Regards

Steve.
      www.mg-rover.org - Forum for MG and Rover owners everywhere!
      85k users and 4million posts & growing.

Comment

The way things stand at the moment, you need to apply to be in on the beta testing - vBulletin 4.0 Alpha and Beta testing

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Indeed...betas will not be available to the public.

This adds insult to injury now. It means someone like myself, who will have bought the pre sale vB4 license, won't be allowed to test the beta, but someone who has not made that "leap of faith" cash up front investment, but has an active license, will.

Quite outrageous really.

The best way now to allocate beta testing places would be to first offer them to ANYONE who paid the pre-sale suite upgrade price.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Can we ever get to see a forum running the Alfa or beta?
            I really want to have a feel before I make my mind up with what I'm doing with my cash and this end of the month discount deadline is a pain in the A$$.
            Look, just give me some inner peace or I’ll wipe the floor with ya!

MysteriousWisdom

Comment

Originally posted by god's toy View Post
              Can we ever get to see a forum running the Alfa or beta?
              I really want to have a feel before I make my mind up with what I'm doing with my cash and this end of the month discount deadline is a pain in the A$$.
              You'll get to SEE the beta running on this site, but not until after the pre sale offer has closed (conveniently).
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

what i find funny is they ask ppl to buy it now and its still not even out alpha testing yet

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X