X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kurucu
    replied
    Originally posted by ra87 View Post
    I'd rather pay double knowing it's what I need, than have to pay half the asking price and not knowing if it will be what I need
    Originally posted by ThailandTopper View Post
    Well said sir, well said..

"I've got a goose that you've all seen lay perfectly white eggs, year in, year out. Now I've got an invisible goose that can lay golden eggs. No, I can't show you the goose and the eggs, but remember, I did have a goose that laid perfect white eggs, so you can believe me when I say I've got a golden one. Here are my paypal details so you can buy my golden goose."
    Exactly the point. Now given that most people, I am sure, would see it this way it seems that vBulletin are expecting them/me to make exactly that gamble.

Great comments so far. It is precisely this debate as to why I made the first post!

Leave a comment:

• ThailandTopper
    replied
    Originally posted by ra87 View Post
    I'd rather pay double knowing it's what I need, than have to pay half the asking price and not knowing if it will be what I need
    Well said sir, well said..

"I've got a goose that you've all seen lay perfectly white eggs, year in, year out. Now I've got an invisible goose that can lay golden eggs. No, I can't show you the goose and the eggs, but remember, I did have a goose that laid perfect white eggs, so you can believe me when I say I've got a golden one. Here are my paypal details so you can buy my golden goose."

Leave a comment:

• ra87
    replied
    Originally posted by crichighlights View Post
    If he do not take advantage of pre-sale he is asking more trouble by paying at least double the amount. We assume, it will still be not that bad as we are currently thinking.

Leave a comment:

• crichighlights
    replied
    Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
    Without testing it first, purchasing it now is a gamble.
    If he do not take advantage of pre-sale he is asking more trouble by paying at least double the amount. We assume, it will still be not that bad as we are currently thinking.

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    Originally posted by crichighlights View Post
    Its best to take advantage of pre-sale then gold release from my view of point. Both are risky but one of them is at discounted price.
    Kurucu seems to know what exactly he is looking for. vB4 might not suite his needs. Without testing it first, purchasing it now is a gamble.

Leave a comment:

• crichighlights
    replied
    Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
    Your best bet is to wait for the gold release unless you are eager to take advantage of the pre-sale discounts.
    Its best to take advantage of pre-sale then gold release from my view of point. Both are risky but one of them is at discounted price.

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    Originally posted by kurucu View Post
    I, on the other hand, am starting a new site and am still deciding what to do. To make my decision about whether to purchase now I have to rely on six vague screen shots and some check marks indicating "yes we have a CMS, yes we have blogs..." It's really not much to go on.
    Your best bet is to wait for the gold release unless you are eager to take advantage of the pre-sale discounts.

Leave a comment:

• kurucu
    started a topic Pre-Sales Pricing with Check Marks and Screenshots

Pre-Sales Pricing with Check Marks and Screenshots

While I am sure that a lot of existing vB users have rushed in and bought the upgrade, I am also sure that this is because they know they will surely upgrade at some point and have decided they'll take the risk and get it while it's cheap.

I, on the other hand, am starting a new site and am still deciding what to do. To make my decision about whether to purchase now I have to rely on six vague screen shots and some check marks indicating "yes we have a CMS, yes we have blogs..." It's really not much to go on.

That's a massive gamble for me. I can't even see the software working at vbulletin.com. Am I really supposed to buy this without any real knowledge of the software's capabilities? I have administered a vb forum since 2003, but knowing that vb4 will render all templates and plugins at least partially useless, that only indicates that prior experience with VB doesn't help to understand the new product.

It's a real shame. I'm not moaning or complaining, just hoping that the staff at vb might appreciate that we don't all know and trust the software well enough to commit yet and, with some minor changes like documentation (even if brief), a demo site or better descriptions than the features page they could probably grab another rush of customers.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X