Seriously thinking about purchasing, here are my worries/questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously thinking about purchasing, here are my worries/questions

First of all, I know VBulletin is prob the best out there when considering forums. here is my situation though.

I have a website here: www.twitchthesticks.com

I currently have it set up with WP-Forum. I did this because of the easy integration with wordpress which my site is built around

My first question is: Is it possible to integrate V BUlletin with wordpress so that users cross over and blog posts can be posted in the forums,etc?

After that, Im curious how hard is it? while I have edited forums before, this would be my first attempt with VBulletin so Im concerned with the difficulty level to make that happen.

The most important thing to me is to keep the integrity of the site in check with wordpress and have VBulletin seal the deal with solid forums.

thus far i am just unimpressed with wp-forums, I am concerned about a year down the road having a community built and the forums cant handle the load, will I need to boot everyone to convert to vbulletin at that point? why not rest easy and do it now.

thanks for the help to whoever answers my questions I hope this is a good fit for my site cause i have always like vbulletin.

simply enjoy

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=205388

Comment

Take a look around the site and read a little, then make a decision.
      www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

thanks for the response bud! just to clarify, is that a plug in, how much coding and editing will need to be done to get that to work properly?

Comment

Well since you are using WP as the CMS it is you haven't considered using the VB CMS system instead (coming now in 4.0)? This would "solve" your issue.
          This actually brings up a new question from me at least. Will there be some import function for articles from the most know CMS systems? (WP, Joomla etc)
          My Forum

In the beginning there was nothing,
          which exploded .............

Comment

There will be no important function at least for few months. So considering this, you have to make decision.

Best would be purchase VB Suite, install VB 3.8.4 and upgrade to VB 4 when import tool is launch.

Originally posted by R1lover View Post
            Take a look around the site and read a little, then make a decision.
            Why are you flaming others. Let me him buy.

Comment

Originally posted by leeman View Post
              Well since you are using WP as the CMS it is you haven't considered using the VB CMS system instead (coming now in 4.0)? This would "solve" your issue.
              This actually brings up a new question from me at least. Will there be some import function for articles from the most know CMS systems? (WP, Joomla etc)

honestly, I didnt know VBull had so much more capability outside of forums. I need to go look for a demo,etc. this may be the best long term solution, but I cringe at the thought of completely rebuilding my site using something im not familiar with.

Comment

Originally posted by GHealy View Post
                honestly, I didnt know VBull had so much more capability outside of forums. I need to go look for a demo,etc. this may be the best long term solution, but I cringe at the thought of completely rebuilding my site using something im not familiar with.
                Well then I guess that you should only use the forum option, there are modifications to use WP with VB so that is no big deal.

I guess you would have to run the 3.8.4 for a bit until they port that modification to V4.0

I'm happily throwing out joomla (haven't really used the portal CMS much) for the 4.0 CMS. I am running Joomla in many sites but there I have no forums so I guess this will be a perfect solution for me.
                My Forum

In the beginning there was nothing,
                which exploded .............

Comment

Originally posted by leeman View Post
                  Well then I guess that you should only use the forum option, there are modifications to use WP with VB so that is no big deal.

I guess you would have to run the 3.8.4 for a bit until they port that modification to V4.0

I'm happily throwing out joomla (haven't really used the portal CMS much) for the 4.0 CMS. I am running Joomla in many sites but there I have no forums so I guess this will be a perfect solution for me.

have you used the content management system? How easy is it to Mod to look the way you want it to?

Are there templates out there like there are wordpress templates?

Im really throwing the idea around using this to completely do my site, I am just concerned with getting in over my head from a knowledge standpoint, like im going to pay a few hundred for something I dont know how to use....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X