X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael2 View Post
    Another example of something that should be communicated to everyone and not buried in a thread somewhere.

Seriously, I think the product looks nice and can't wait to use it but at some point I'm going to get sick of the poor communication. I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it again, most people's complaints for years have been that Jelsoft/IB do not communicate well with customers (even something so basic as putting important information like this in one spot for everyone to see) and for some reason you guys won't do anything about it.
    I sort of agree with you about 'buried in the masses'.

I think after the initial site changes, the pre-order sale going live and a few new announcements causing a wave of threads and posts.

That a week later it's quite reasonable to sum up a few of these pieces of information and either update the FAQ (I believe they're going to do that) and list this in the form of an announcement.

// in my observation/opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Michael2
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray Morgan View Post
    We expect it in Q4 2009.

Also, you will be able to see the product in action here in vb.com very soon.
    Another example of something that should be communicated to everyone and not buried in a thread somewhere.

Seriously, I think the product looks nice and can't wait to use it but at some point I'm going to get sick of the poor communication. I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it again, most people's complaints for years have been that Jelsoft/IB do not communicate well with customers (even something so basic as putting important information like this in one spot for everyone to see) and for some reason you guys won't do anything about it.

Leave a comment:

• PcosKat
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris View Post
    Eh, could you link me to that refund policy stating this? Or where you're basing your post on?
    See here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...04#post1808104

Technically, they said it will be on a 'case by case' basis (once the product has been downloaded), but officially, there are no refunds (at least that's how I read 'no money back guarantee' - which is the phrase used in the link above.

If I misunderstood it, my apologies. I certainly don't want to add to the fracas!

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by PcosKat View Post
    Once you've already downloaded the product, no refunds will be granted (and I have no problems with that), but I do feel that refunds should be granted prior to download if the live demo here at vb isn't what a customer wants...
    Eh, could you link me to that refund policy stating this? Or where you're basing your post on?

Leave a comment:

• PcosKat
    replied
    Originally posted by ThailandTopper View Post
    ^ or since I'm buying something site unseen, if it isn't what I really need, will the price be refunded and my license agreement be reverted to my original one?
    Once you've already downloaded the product, no refunds will be granted (and I have no problems with that), but I do feel that refunds should be granted prior to download if the live demo here at vb isn't what a customer wants...

Leave a comment:

• ThailandTopper
    replied
    ^ or since I'm buying something site unseen, if it isn't what I really need, will the price be refunded and my license agreement be reverted to my original one?

Leave a comment:

• PcosKat
    replied
    We expect it in Q4 2009.

If the product has not gone Gold by 12/31/09, will refund requests be granted by those who purchased during the pre-sale?

I'm content to wait until the clock strikes midnight on the last day of Q4, however, I don't want to get into a situation in Q1 2010 where it's 'just a few more weeks'...

This is not a complaint - personally, I think the pricing is fine if the key features are delivered. I just want to be VERY clear on the security of my funds vs the delivery deadline so that I can make other plans for my business.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• stevectaylor
    replied
    Notice that the V4 cms download asks for a urln does this mean that if you have a forum www.forum.com the CMS for that forum can reside at url www.abc.com whilst the forum associated with the CMS can still have the forum domain?

Leave a comment:

• Michael2
    replied
    Originally posted by Ak Worm View Post
    What about the free upgrade that you guys are giving out?
    Then your access will stop when your 3.x license expires. If you want to continue through the 4.x cycle I suppose you would need to pay to upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• ChopSuey
    replied
    If you upgrade to 4.0, your access will continue through the life of the version.
    What about the free upgrade that you guys are giving out?

Leave a comment:

• crichighlights
    replied
    This thread has assured me at least about when it gone release. Thanks Ray Morgan.

Leave a comment:

• chewbacca
    replied
    Originally posted by Mac Write View Post
    There is no yearly fee, you've paid for the life of 4.x. You won't have to pay again until 5.x pre-sale is announced.
    That's what I thought, but apparently your access to the newer 4.x Forum package expires when your old license would have.

It's nice to see a clean thread which isn't 90% full of raging garbage (though some did sneak in here). Most of my questions have been answered here. I'll post more in here if any are of big concern to me. I'd rather not take a chance starting a new thread.

Leave a comment:

• JamieinNH
    replied
    Originally posted by Mac Write View Post
    There is no yearly fee, you've paid for the life of 4.x. You won't have to pay again until 5.x pre-sale is announced.
    Ah! That's right.. I knew that, but somehow forgot about it.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Mac Write
    replied
    Originally posted by JamieinNH View Post
    Ray, can you tell me, if I "upgrade" now using your pre-sale offer, when does my year start? I have read in the forums from someone that has already bought into vb 4.0 and they "time" has started yet they are not able to use it as it's not available.

Will you back track and reset everyone's "year" when vb 4.0 is released vs the date of this sale?

Leave a comment:

• JamieinNH
    replied
    We expect it in Q4 2009.

Ray, can you tell me, if I "upgrade" now using your pre-sale offer, when does my year start? I have read in the forums from someone that has already bought into vb 4.0 and they "time" has started yet they are not able to use it as it's not available.

Will you back track and reset everyone's "year" when vb 4.0 is released vs the date of this sale?

Leave a comment: