This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB-CMS vs Drupal/WP/J!

There are lots of great CMS like Joomla,Drupal,Wordpress out there and i used all of them and they have a really great extensions like CCK, Slideshow, Gallery,Cart ,..... and extensions like VBDrupal,Jfusion to integration with vbulletin.
    Wordpress is a real monster with alot of features and great templates and fast.
    Joomla is a handy and easy to use.
    Drupal is another monster with Great CCK and great coding.
    and all of these CMSs are free
    So my question here who will use VB-CMS? (with this cost)
    Last edited by AnimCentral; Thu 15 Oct '09, 10:08am.
    AnimCentral Forums انیمه

nobody can answer this, for a good reason: nobody ever saw it
    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Why this much expensive?

Comment

Originally posted by AnimCentral View Post
        and all of these CMSs are free
        It's unfair to compare commercial and open-source products. If you are all for the free staff, what are you doing here in a first place? You know where Phpbb and MyBB's sites are.

So my question here who will use VB-CMS? (with is cost)
        I bet you a lot of people will use it. First-class forum integration with site content is gonna be a real seller, IMHO. Besides, vBulletin is known for its good support.
        Last edited by kyrgyz; Thu 15 Oct '09, 10:19am.

Comment

Originally posted by iecloob View Post
          Why this much expensive?
          Check around how much good CMS's like Bitrix and Interspire Web Publisher cost. I expect vB CMS to be in the same market segment.

Does it still seem to be expensive?

Comment

Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
            It's unfair to compare commercial and open-source products. If you are all for the free staff, what are you doing here in a first place? You know where Phpbb and MyBB's sites are.
            your answer were related to my question?
            i'm comparing CMSs not forum
            what is unfair? when an open source products are really strong products there is no room for commercial products like this that have only 8 eng as developers(For forum & CMS)
            I bet you a lot of people will use it. First-class forum integration with site content is gonna be a real seller, IMHO. Besides, vBulletin is known for its good support.
            hah i never think so,i think you never worked with other cms yet,from what i saw demo,vb-cms is like a baby against monsters. (just a simple widgets design for first page)
            if you worked with WP you will see that you can run your site in just an hour with alot of staffs.
            AnimCentral Forums انیمه

Comment

Check around how much good CMS's like Bitrix and Interspire Web Publisher cost. I expect vB CMS to be in the same market segment.

Does it still seem to be expensive?
              so all vb'engs will work on vb-cms and i think there will no more vb-forum update or new idea for a long term
              AnimCentral Forums انیمه

Comment

your answer were related to my question?
                i'm comparing CMSs not forum
                what is unfair? when an open source products are really strong products there is no room for commercial products like this that have only 8 eng as developers(For forum & CMS)
                Your first post was more of an advertisement for Joomla, Drupal and Wordpress (of course, with a reminder those are free) ending with a rhetorical question: Who will use VB-CMS. What good did it do except for bashing vB CMS? Besides, how can you seriously compare vB CMS to others without testing it out first?

Comment

People who use other products, will use other products. People who use vB CMS, will use vB CMS. No point in debating it. Thread closed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X