Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow - I'm excited about 4.0! A few questions...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wow - I'm excited about 4.0! A few questions...

    Admittedly, I had kind of given up on vBulletin, and had been away from the forums until I saw today's announcement. Now, I'm excited all over again...

    Just a few questions...

    PRE-SALE:
    From what I've gleaned from the boards this morning, there's no 'release date' for 4.0. Is it, however, expected to be released before the calendar year? If a customer purchases during the pre-sale, will they get a trial period after the release to make sure they still want it? (ie is there a money-back guarantee?)

    Questions about the FEATURES page here: http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=features

    Under "Built in Applications"

    - "Article Based CMS Publishing"... Currently, I've been posting 'articles' in a dedicated forum on my existing vBulletin. Once I upgrade to the new 4.0, can those posts be easily 'moved' into articles in the CMS, or will they have to be re-entered manually?

    - GOOGLE ADSENSE integration:
    How flexible are the locations are available for integration? (ie after first and last post? In right column next to forum? Within CMS article text?)

    - WIDGETS:
    I see there's an article widget. How customizable is the display? Can the widget be set to display articles randomly(on page re-load), or will it only be chronologically? Can the display be set to include thumbnails of any images?

    - "Blog" - will it be possible to 'import' blog posts from another blog via rss? For instance, I have members that currently post to their own outside blog, and might not want to have to RE-post manually to their blog at my vb Site. can blogs be set it import?

  • #2
    Originally posted by PcosKat View Post
    Admittedly, I had kind of given up on vBulletin, and had been away from the forums until I saw today's announcement. Now, I'm excited all over again...

    Just a few questions...

    PRE-SALE:
    From what I've gleaned from the boards this morning, there's no 'release date' for 4.0. Is it, however, expected to be released before the calendar year? If a customer purchases during the pre-sale, will they get a trial period after the release to make sure they still want it? (ie is there a money-back guarantee?)

    Questions about the FEATURES page here: http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=features

    Under "Built in Applications"

    - "Article Based CMS Publishing"... Currently, I've been posting 'articles' in a dedicated forum on my existing vBulletin. Once I upgrade to the new 4.0, can those posts be easily 'moved' into articles in the CMS, or will they have to be re-entered manually?

    - GOOGLE ADSENSE integration:
    How flexible are the locations are available for integration? (ie after first and last post? In right column next to forum? Within CMS article text?)

    - WIDGETS:
    I see there's an article widget. How customizable is the display? Can the widget be set to display articles randomly(on page re-load), or will it only be chronologically? Can the display be set to include thumbnails of any images?

    - "Blog" - will it be possible to 'import' blog posts from another blog via rss? For instance, I have members that currently post to their own outside blog, and might not want to have to RE-post manually to their blog at my vb Site. can blogs be set it import?
    I would not use the adsense integration offered by Jelsoft. They take part of your money! That is all I can answer from your questions.

    Comment


    • #3
      No money back - Wayne has already made that clear.

      Pay $130 now or $250 later.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by woffie View Post
        I would not use the adsense integration offered by Jelsoft. They take part of your money! That is all I can answer from your questions.
        You're kidding? They take a cut?

        *shakes head*

        The rot started earlier than I thought.
        Regards

        Steve.
        www.mg-rover.org - Forum for MG and Rover owners everywhere!
        85k users and 4million posts & growing.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by woffie View Post
          i would not use the adsense integration offered by jelsoft. They take part of your money! That is all i can answer from your questions.


          what????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by woffie View Post
            I would not use the adsense integration offered by Jelsoft. They take part of your money! That is all I can answer from your questions.
            They do not take part of your money but they do make an "affiliate commission", so to speak, from Google for you signing up under this system.
            RazorThemes ~ Cutting Edge Designs

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by smackLAN View Post
              They do not take part of your money but they do make an "affiliate commission", so to speak, from Google for you signing up under this system.
              That is not how I read it when I setup my forum in January.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by woffie View Post
                That is not how I read it when I setup my forum in January.
                You might want to do a search on threads about this subject then
                RazorThemes ~ Cutting Edge Designs

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by smackLAN View Post
                  You might want to do a search on threads about this subject then
                  Could you point me in the right direction on this, where Jelsoft has commented.

                  Originally posted by Ian99 View Post
                  No money back - Wayne has already made that clear.

                  Pay $130 now or $250 later.
                  It doesn't seem much is 'clear'...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by woffie View Post
                    I would not use the adsense integration offered by Jelsoft. They take part of your money! That is all I can answer from your questions.
                    This is not true, you can see when you sign up that there is no % of money taken. Please do not continue to post misinformation on these forums.

                    If a customer purchases during the pre-sale, will they get a trial period after the release to make sure they still want it? (ie is there a money-back guarantee?)
                    As like always there is no money back guarntee on the software.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                      As like always there is no money back guarntee on the software.
                      Zachery, would it be possible to get a refund if the software has not been downloaded?

                      I'll be able to tell from the demo if all of the promised 'bells and whistles' are 'as promised'.

                      I'm just wary of purchasing one thing, but you all delivering another (not that it would be intentional...even if it's circumstantial, I'd like some protection)

                      Also, when you have a chance, would you mind responding to the question in the op? Mine is a serious inquiry, that I'd love to have answers to - if I'm being asked to consider a pre-sale with no money-back guarantee. thanks

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Refunds have and always been delt with on a case by case basis. I'm not say you won't get one, I'm just not saying you will either.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                          Refunds have and always been delt with on a case by case basis. I'm not say you won't get one, I'm just not saying you will either.
                          Fair enough.

                          But can you please address my earlier questions, too?

                          thanks!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Great questions that have not been answered properly.

                            Originally posted by PcosKat View Post
                            PRE-SALE:
                            From what I've gleaned from the boards this morning, there's no 'release date' for 4.0. Is it, however, expected to be released before the calendar year? If a customer purchases during the pre-sale, will they get a trial period after the release to make sure they still want it? (ie is there a money-back guarantee?)
                            I'd like to know the answer to this as well. A when? When? When? Will be a question echoing around here for months.

                            I forked over my money and now wonder if it was wise (Yes, now having second thoughts after reading everyone else's concerns in here...I'm now very nervous!). Without a money back guarantee, I'm going to be screwed if I don't like the suite and have to purchase something else in the long run. I had to purchase now without a demo in order to save money in the long run. I can afford it, but that doesn't mean I want to throw money away if that's the end result.

                            Those that pre-ordered should be included in the beta at the very least since they will be the ones using it, IMHO. Especially since having a short time span to save money with this pre-sales going on.

                            Originally posted by PcosKat View Post
                            - "Article Based CMS Publishing"... Currently, I've been posting 'articles' in a dedicated forum on my existing vBulletin. Once I upgrade to the new 4.0, can those posts be easily 'moved' into articles in the CMS, or will they have to be re-entered manually?
                            There have been mixed answers on this one for months. I certainly hope that we can easily "move" (not copy!) threads into the cms. I have about 4,000 or more articles to move!!! That's why I've waited on the suite rather than going with a new system atm.

                            Originally posted by PcosKat View Post
                            - WIDGETS:
                            I see there's an article widget. How customizable is the display? Can the widget be set to display articles randomly(on page re-load), or will it only be chronologically? Can the display be set to include thumbnails of any images?
                            I'd like to know the answers to these as well. Thumbnails would be a great feature. But, how are they created. By hand & then uploaded or automatically from attachments or the first image in the article or what? How is this handled?

                            Originally posted by PcosKat View Post
                            - "Blog" - will it be possible to 'import' blog posts from another blog via rss? For instance, I have members that currently post to their own outside blog, and might not want to have to RE-post manually to their blog at my vb Site. can blogs be set it import?
                            This would be nice to know as well. A nice feature to import blogs from elsewhere or import rss feeds like you can in the forums...this should be on their list of top to-do things IMHO.

                            I think it would be a great feature for the cms as well. To import rss feeds into articles.

                            I'd like to also know whether or not the current blogs from vb blogs will be imported in the new blog system. I don't want to lose my members blogs. That would be horrid!
                            Archive: 1 ~ 2 ETC in the feedback forums that were closed.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by woffie View Post
                              I would not use the adsense integration offered by Jelsoft. They take part of your money! That is all I can answer from your questions.
                              No we don't and we never have. Even if we tried to do so, you could disassociate your account from within your Google Adsense control panel which we have no control over.
                              Translations provided by Google.

                              Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                              I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X