Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey I have an idea!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey I have an idea!

    Those of you that are whining about the new pricing, don't pay! Just keep your 3.8.4! I have seen lots of 3.7 forums out there that are running just fine. If you are one of those that lease the software, well, you made your own bed.

    All this whining and complaining is doing nothing.

  • #2
    Look at vbulletin.org's stuff
    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
    Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Design by Princeton
    Copyright ©2001 - 2009, vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.
    vBulletin® is a registered trademark.

    Your all fine.

    Comment


    • #3
      thats exactly what im doing. i own my 3.8 license forever - its stable, fast - does everything i want it to and has shed loads of plugins available by the good people at vb.org who put there spare time into making them.

      the good thing about vb is how adaptable it is - in main due to the plugins available, if the new pricing structure or the way its been pushed out put too many people off there is a real chance of there not being as many plugins being developed for the new version.

      and so am i going to order a product now that i aint even seen a demo of, dont know when its coming out - am made to feel like im in the wrong for not checking the forums hourly to clock onto hints to keep my license active, two words. hell no.

      for the sake of saving $75 or whatever it is, im hanging on - and seeing how it pans out, im not paying over $200 for what ultimately could become a dead duck. it doesnt just take developers to create a succesful forum software.
      http://

      Comment


      • #4
        and then pay $175 or $250 to upgrade - great idea

        Plus the $80 support fee per year.

        Excellent idea - why didn't I think of that.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ian99 View Post
          and then pay $175 or $250 to upgrade - great idea

          Plus the $80 support fee per year.

          Excellent idea - why didn't I think of that.
          Obviously you did not read my post. I said DON"T upgrade. How can I make that clearer. Keep what you have and it wont cost a dime!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by woffie View Post
            Obviously you did not read my post. I said DON"T upgrade. How can I make that clearer. Keep what you have and it wont cost a dime!
            But those who are on older version no longer get security updates, if our software becomes compromised and we want to secure it again we must "Upgrade" to vb4 or deal with the security hole.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by knightdreams View Post
              But those who are on older version no longer get security updates, if our software becomes compromised and we want to secure it again we must "Upgrade" to vb4 or deal with the security hole.
              Hey! A valid point! It is a good point too!

              Comment


              • #8
                You guys are doing the right thing, I will not update my current licenses at all, I will keep running them until they turn to dust.

                IB needs to sell the vB software product to another company, that or fire current management and bring in executives that actually have a clue, this team is out of touch with reality.

                I'm not buying, I hope none of you do !!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I am a perfectly happy 3.7 owner I don't plan on doing the 4.0 upgrade. Although I did want to go to 3.8 but I guess that options out since I no longer have the renewal option to get 3.8.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by AVC View Post
                    You guys are doing the right thing, I will not update my current licenses at all, I will keep running them until they turn to dust.

                    IB needs to sell the vB software product to another company, that or fire current management and bring in executives that actually have a clue, this team is out of touch with reality.

                    I'm not buying, I hope none of you do !!!
                    Too late, already did.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by woffie View Post
                      Too late, already did.
                      Already did what ?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by AVC View Post
                        Already did what ?
                        bought the upgrade

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by woffie View Post
                          Obviously you did not read my post. I said DON"T upgrade. How can I make that clearer. Keep what you have and it wont cost a dime!
                          Also throwing your licence away will not cost anything either - which is what I will do, as I will not find anyone to buy it!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by woffie View Post
                            bought the upgrade
                            so you don't practice what you preach

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Was waiting for the true utf-8 support. Doesn't exist in earlier versions, paid one whole year for an active license additional to my original purchase. Got tired of waiting and thought I would activate when the 4.0 was released, since paying for something that I couldn't use was sort of a no brainer.

                              My expiry date was Aug 27th '09f, and I have been active since Aug 27 '06 with a leased license which I upgraded to owned Sept 21 '06

                              Been paying paying and paying but not using. Waiting and waiting and now not getting.

                              It sucks!

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X