Upgrade to VB4.0 suite from 3.X owned License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
    Not completely true. It's free to upgrade to vB4 Forum if your license is ACTIVE . YOU GET TO USE IT FREE UNTIL YOUR LICENSE EXPIRES.
    It is not free, you have paid for it in yearly subscription (assuming you have active subscription now). Something paid can not be free and it is just misinformation.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by RadioErewan View Post
      It is not free, you have paid for it in yearly subscription (assuming you have active subscription now). Something paid can not be free and it is just misinformation.
      Here, Free = Not being charged for use of a new major forum version as opposed to expired license holders being charged.

Otherwise you are right.
      Last edited by kyrgyz; Sun 18th Oct '09, 7:01pm.

Comment

Here, Free = Not being charged for use of a new major forum version
        It is not free, it was paid before. This misinterpertation, repeated again and again makes me very angry, and I feel cheated.
        as opposed to expired license holders being charged.
        What in fact is good penalty for them. Fraction of current problems come from abusing license renewals -> not enough money for new vB owners.

Regards

Comment

Have to write it again. It is not any good will in giving you current version of script. You have agreed this with Jelsoft/IB/VS (whatever it was at the moment of your payment) that other party will supply you current version of vBulletin script in timespan of 12 months. You have nothing to thank, you just paid for it, when purchasing script or extending your subscription period. And in fact Jelsoft/IB/VS could have very big problems if they would like to break this part of agreements... So, please do not repeat word free in conjunction of upgrade, it is not!

Uhg,
          Regards

Comment

Originally posted by RadioErewan View Post
            It is not free, it was paid before. This misinterpertation, repeated again and again makes me very angry, and I feel cheated.
            Ok. Think of it this way: THERE ARE NO RENEWALS ANYMORE INSTEAD THERE IS A NEW PER SERIES PAY SYSTEM. EVERY SINGLE LICENSE HOLDER IS REQUIRED TO PAY TO GET vB4 FORUM NOW (vB4 LIFETIME UPGRADES AND SECURITY UPDATES ARE INCLUDED). PERIOD.

Jelsoft decided, not right away but still, to allow active license holders to roll-over without paying a fee. This exception in a way is a hybrid between the old renewal system and the new per series pay. Active customers are let use the new product, but come expiry, they are instructed to make that REQUIRED PAYMENT to continue receiving within-series upgrades and updates. Jelsoft made that charge deliberately high ($175) to force active license holders to jump the ship now and upgrade to the Suite ($130). THE CHOICE IS AFTER A CUSTOMER. WANNA WAIT, then PAY MORE (for an upgrade to his or her already running vB4 installation) or BE DONE WITH IT and SAVE $45.

I hope I explained my point clearly.
            Last edited by kyrgyz; Sun 18th Oct '09, 9:57pm.

Comment

I ASK A OFFICIAL REPLY from vb customer support

Is our interpretation correct?:
              Owners of ACTIVE OWNED LICENSE (owned license that are buyed o renewed (annual fee) in the last 12 months), will pay 130$ for upgrading to VB4.0 suite??

and if above interpretation is correct:
              This offer is wrong! 130$ is the same offer reserved to owner of ACTIVE LEASED LICENSE! But leased license cost 100$ and owned 180$.
              Jelsoft MUST offer a extra discount (at least 50$ i think, to 80$ max) to owners of ACTIVE OWNED LICENSE for upgrading to VB4.0 suite!

ignoring this request mean that jelsoft give no respect to Loyal Customers, and i think this is LEGALLY not acceptable
              I agree, same situation.
              Maybe it's time to start a Social Group of people pissed of this situation.

Comment

I will try to say my thoughts continuing my reply/post https://forum.vbulletin.com/node/2882936.

------------------------------------
                The numbers

I have Forum's Active License with Expiry Date October 2010.

So I will be able to use 4.* forum till October 2010.

Then I have to pay $175.

If I will divide $175 for old scheme upgrade $40 then I will be able to use forum for $175 / $40 = 4,375 years.

4 (four) full years.

That is why Jelsoft is trying to force every one to upgrade to Suite for $130 until Oct 30, 2009.

Then it will be $130 / $40 = 3,25 years.

3 (three) full years.

According to posts https://forum.vbulletin.com/node/2876920 and https://forum.vbulletin.com/node/2869091 Jelsoft trying to tell us that vBulletin 5.* will be not soon as 2-3 years.

Just to complete the number after Oct 30, 2009 the Suite will be:

$250.00 / $40 = 6,25 years.

6 (six) full years.

This is for you to understand that really you don't win anything with the new scheme.

For example I have some Licenses that will expire only in the end of 2011 year.

If I will upgrade to Suite now I will lose those ~$80 I have payed for 1 license 2 year upgrade some time ago.

If I will NOT upgrade to Suite now I will lose those $120. Difference with $250 and sale $130 price.

In any way I will lose if I upgrade now or if I will upgrade later!!!

Let talk about Blogs and Project Tools

Project Tools are discontinued.

Why?
                Because Mike Sullivan has left Jelsoft.
                This is my thoughts but I am sure for this one 99%.

Blogs

Blogs is moved into Publishing Suite.

So if I want a forum with Blogs I am forced to pay $250.00 to continue to use them.

Don't tell me about some $130 discount price.
                Imagine that I am at my holidays for all October and November and I will come back in December.

Doesn't it strange that to continue use Blogs I have to pay $250 and not $40?

Bugs

Who will fix those bugs for Project Tools is the current question?
                Who will fix those bugs for Blogs is the current second question?

There is no any fixes from June 2009.

It is about 3 full (really 4(four)) months with out any support!!!

And there still will be no any support for 3.8.* for upcoming 2-3 month.

So it will be in total Half Year with out any support and Bug fixes.

Demo

As some one already told here on forums - where is the DEMO?
                Jelsoft is asking us to pay $130 for screenshots.

Of course I am a clever man and I understand that vBulletin 4.* is working.

But...
                How I can decide do I need it if I don't see it?

Will you but a car only seeing fotos?

Thoughts

I feel like an idiot, who pays money and can't understand what he gets for that money.

vbulletin.org & Styles

Forgot to say about vbulletin.org & Styles.

Most Products from vbulletin.org will die for 4.* branch.
                As I can see most of them will be the products you are using for now.

There was a problem with moving from 3.6 to 3.7/3.8 branches.
                And now we have a new structure.
                And we will have more big problems with this one.

We also will have to upgrade our Styles for 4.*.
                Most of us will have to pay for those upgrades as I think.
                Because or they have a payed styles or they will have to find some one to make an upgrade for them.
                Last edited by Makc666; Tue 20th Oct '09, 1:51am. Reason: Added vbulletin.org
                ...... sigpic ...... "А стукачков мы не любим!"

My Modification: Quote Post in PM - passes to new personal message (PM) post's text, username, etc.

Comment

so what ? i dont get it ! i have owned licenses and for upgrade to vb 4.0 forum, i need to pay 195$ ?!!!!!!!!!!

i dont get it ! any help would be Great

Comment

Maks, useful analysis to understand the situation, thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X