• The "Free" Upgrade

vBulletin.

Your site states;

vBulletin 4.0 Forum Classic
    Upgrade - FREE
    New License - $195
    --

So my question;

If the upgrade is "FREE" does that mean us active owned license holders, get an upgrade to the 4.0 license (To last as long as v4.x is around) like new license holders?

Yes you do get a free upgrade if you have an active license. Not sure about when it expires.

Comment

When your license expires, you'll have to upgrade to the new license structure for any further updates past the expiration date of your license.

Comment

Isnt that why theres the Suite option?

Comment

Right, so basically - it's as everyone has been saying.

There is no "Free" upgrade, it's more like a trial period until your license expires - If you want to use a stable v4 release, you have to buy a new license (or upgrade your exisiting for the same price :S).

Okay, well thats fine, IPB here I come

Comment

Indeed, as I have just posted - you will need to pay $175 when your licence expires.

Or pay $130 now for the suite.

The choice is yours

Comment

Originally posted by Ian99 View Post
              Indeed, as I have just posted - you will need to pay $175 when your licence expires.

The choice is yours
              Do you trust a currently unseen product enough to drop $130 on it? That is the real question
              Unlike most, I don't think I'm always right, if I'm wrong, CORRECT me.... providing you have some evidence

Comment

Dont regret leaving vBulletin lol. Also dont let the door hit you on the way out

Comment

Do you have any choice?

Pay up now, pay more later ($250 if you want the full suite later) or go to IPB.

You have three choices - if you chose the later one your current licence is worthless.

Comment

The choice is yours
                    Now see - I WAS going to buy the Suite. But then I read the post from the developers, that basically says "at the moment, you can turn the blogs and CMS off"

:S I don't want to be stuck with a blog and CMS system I cant turn off half way down the road, and then I bet the upgrade fee for the blog will not be that kind in 18 months once they anounce v5.

Comment

Originally posted by Ak Worm View Post
                      Dont regret leaving vBulletin lol. Also dont let the door hit you on the way out
                      'tis okay - there will be someone else to hold the door open for right behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by ra87 View Post
                        Now see - I WAS going to buy the Suite. But then I read the post from the developers, that basically says "at the moment, you can turn the blogs and CMS off"

:S I don't want to be stuck with a blog and CMS system I cant turn off half way down the road
                        You can buy the suite - and just display the forums.

Blogs and CMS can be enabled, hidden or even deleted (probably) whenever you wish. Certainly you are not compelled to show any of it if you have the suite.

Comment

You can buy the suite - and just display the forums.

Blogs and CMS can be enabled, hidden or even deleted (probably) whenever you wish. Certainly you are not compelled to show any of it if you have the suite.
                          Please let me know where that has been confirmed I would love to see that. As all I have seen is that "currently" they can be disabled.

Comment

They cannot make you display more than you want to.

I will give you money if it can't be done!

It is standard for any suite - IPB, VB, PHPBB etc.... it is also true for software - you buy a suite from Microsoft or Adobe and install what you need - no more and no less.

Comment

Anything can be disabled, but note that the suite upgrade price will likely be higher than the forum-only upgrade price.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X