Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, new prices will do, what about release date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, new prices will do, what about release date?

Originally posted by Ray Morgan View Post
    Due to an overwhelming response and interest in the pre-sale event for vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite, we've decided to extend an offer to those customers with inactive licenses.

For licenses that expired in the last 12 months, we are offering an extra $45 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings of $50. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $190, a total savings of $95.

For licenses that expired more than 12 month ago, we are offering an extra $25 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings of $50. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $210, a total savings of $75.

These limited time offers expire on October 30, 2009. Beginning on October 31, the price will be $285.

You will be able to take advantage of this offer in the next couple of days - we are currently working to make it an option in your shopping cart. We will notify you once this offer is live on the website.
    Although this is step towards customers, I am questioning about release date and live demo (beta).

As giving money for something you don't know when and how will work, especially as it is late for some time now is not what I will do.

Any release date would be appreciated and decision would be much easier.

Originally posted by Sarthek View Post
    Although this is step towards customers
    A step towards customers? Sorry, but LOL! With two owned licenses with blog I still have to pay about 400 USD to just keep a software I already bought up to date!

For the same amount of money I get a brand new version of Invision Power Board! Why should I pay 400 USD for an update, when I can get a brand new product for 400 USD? And over at ipb you don't have to pay such high renewal prices.

Man, I'm pissed... This is the way to get rid of long year customers!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael2 View Post
      I'm surprised no one has started a thread on this yet!
      A thread asking for a demo is over here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320315

Pretty much sums up what I want

Comment

Prices are high for some for others not, of course for somebody who run forum with well paied ads is giving this money almost nothing, comparing with somebody who run hobby forum which doesn't return investment, I understand that.

In our case, for instance, we paied couple of thousands $ for custom made CMS and still no good results, so giving this money for GOOD cms is not big in that view.

But I think we agree all on selling something you can't even try and further more, you even don't know when it will be out.

Comment

I have no intention of paying any money for a product that is not available.
          Looks likely that my forums will run from whatever 3 series update is released within what my active license allows.

So, i'd like to know the release date as well, if only to see if it falls within my current license period
          https://scottishminis.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to the Scottish Mini scene
          https://thebookjoint.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to books especially Jack Reacher

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X