Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm actually okay with the new pricing.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm actually okay with the new pricing.

    I guess it depends on how close your expiration date is to today. Mine's in March 2010 so I'm right at the six month split. The folks who bought last November did best, while the folks who bought last week will get less time to use this version overall. But a line had to be drawn somewhere, them's the breaks.

    I have the forum only. I can pay $130 (and maybe less for forum only) and get the entire 4 series? That's reasonable since it's about two years of renewals anyway, plus I get the suite. Anything less than $130 for the forum only is even better.

    Or did I miss something that should throw me into foaming rant mode?
    Last edited by TWood; Wed 14 Oct '09, 8:05pm.
    shout street
    willful stupidity

  • #2
    I was gonna upgrade, until i read the new license agreement for 4.0.

    Comment


    • #3
      $190 not $130 for expired licenses, you get the suit.

      Comment


      • #4
        Only Forum option not available to active license user. I have also purchased and upgrade 1-1 license as I am too happy. But purchasing something that you have never seen is bit risky. They are not even ready to test it on this site.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TWood View Post
          I guess it depends on how close your expiration date is to today. Mine's in March 2010 so I'm right at the six month split. The folks who bought last November did best, while the folks who bought last week will get less time to use this version overall. But a line had to be drawn somewhere, them's the breaks.

          I have the forum only. I can pay $130 (and maybe less for forum only) and get the entire 4 series? That's reasonable since it's about two years of renewals anyway, plus I get the suite. Anything less than $130 for the forum only is even better.

          Or did I miss something that should throw me into foaming rant mode?
          The pricing isn't my number one beef.

          I would have been happier if they had simply allowed us to upgrade when our licenses expire (instead of rushing us to buy right this instant). And of course there should be some sort of demo so we could determine if we wanted the suite or not.
          Discuss and debate theology at TheologyOnline.com

          Comment


          • #6
            I am also okay with the new pricing what I am not okay with is the deadline of October 30th. I only get paid once a month and on the first of every month so I miss out on this deal by 2 days...
            ------------------------------------------
            Steve
            DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
            CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
            TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
            Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm fine with the pricing. I am not fine with the communication from the company before and after the sale to IB. That is what will ultimately make me switch to IPS.
              HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
              Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
              iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
              VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

              Comment


              • #8
                If the discount to upgrade was extended to the end of your current license agreement I don't know that there would be much to complain about. Those who paid two months ago (like me) would like to not have to pay again for the 10 months I have up my sleeve without having to pay twice in two months.

                In reality I will most likley do nothing and wait out the rest of my support arrangement then hope there is a discount then since our little group can't really justify the full rate (again) right now.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I only bought VB last month! So I've already paid $180 and now have to pay another $130 to upgrade to the publishing suite .. ie $310 over 2 months! It would be much fairer to price it pro-rata based on months left to run on current licences as I suggested in another thread.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Lorraine-H View Post
                    I only bought VB last month! So I've already paid $180 and now have to pay another $130 to upgrade to the publishing suite .. ie $310 over 2 months! It would be much fairer to price it pro-rata based on months left to run on current licences as I suggested in another thread.
                    This would not have help anyone. They mention, "Because it would make calculation complex, we gave the utmost we could offer to all customer". They gave max. discount they can give but they didn't differentiated a customer who purchase one month ago and one who purchase 10 months ago. If they would have applied pro-rata it would have been more costlier for those who have license purchase 10 months prior.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Pricing is okay IMHO, except the difference between upgrade vs new license is too small.

                      I renewed my license 10 days ago at $40, and saved $120 by accepting the pre-sale deal. Still an okay situation. If I had chosen to wait I'd actually end up paying $5 *more* than the price for a full new license ($40 renewal + $250 upgrade = $290). That doesn't make sense to me, but hey. It's only money.

                      (I have to go for PS since I have the blog as well).
                      Tormod Guldvog
                      Hypography - Science for everyone // Science Forums

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Even if the only change made to version 4 was changing from tables to CSS, it would be worth it to me. So on that basis alone I don't mind buying the upgrade sight unseen because they've already said that it's all CSS. If you've ever tried to set up custom header layouts, the CSS will make your life much easier. The potential for some really awesome CSS style templates is wide open.
                        shout street
                        willful stupidity

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TWood View Post
                          Even if the only change made to version 4 was changing from tables to CSS, it would be worth it to me. So on that basis alone I don't mind buying the upgrade sight unseen because they've already said that it's all CSS. If you've ever tried to set up custom header layouts, the CSS will make your life much easier. The potential for some really awesome CSS style templates is wide open.
                          So your okay with paying $130/year for vBulletin?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ra87 View Post
                            So your okay with paying $130/year for vBulletin?
                            Not sure where you get that number, but if that's what it averages out to be over the life of a version, then yes.
                            shout street
                            willful stupidity

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              My current estimate is it will be between $100-150 a year to use vBulletin.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X