Just got my confirmation email for 4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my confirmation email for 4.0

I just purchased the upgrade to 4.0 and I got a confirmation email listing when my vbulletin forum will expire and one listing when my publishing suite will expire.

My publishing suite is set to expire 1 year from today. How is it possible to start the license now without the software being ready? If it is delayed for months then I will get stuck with a shorter licensed period. This makes no sense to me.

Can someone explain to me why my license starts today, and not the exact day the software becomes available?

Originally posted by javier26 View Post
    I just purchased the upgrade to 4.0 and I got a confirmation email listing when my vbulletin forum will expire and one listing when my publishing suite will expire.

My publishing suite is set to expire 1 year from today. How is it possible to start the license now without the software being ready? If it is delayed for months then I will get stuck with a shorter licensed period. This makes no sense to me.

Can someone explain to me why my license starts today, and not the exact day the software becomes available?
    It's one of many bugs in the new system. It looks like they didn't test anything before making it live.

The VB4 license doesn't expire, you don't need to renew until VB5 is released - and then only if you want the new version.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefff View Post
      It's one of many bugs in the new system. It looks like they didn't test anything before making it live.

The VB4 license doesn't expire, you don't need to renew until VB5 is released - and then only if you want the new version.
      Thanks for the info Jeff. Thats a relief!

Comment

I second this comment. According to the new license, once you buy it, that's it.. no yearly fees or renewals until the next version comes out... whenever that may be.
        To be updated...

Comment

I hope the software is bieng tested better than thief own internal systems!
          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

This is the question I've been needing answered since yesterday! And it was ultimately the deciding factor, as well!

Thanks, Jefff!

Comment

Nevermind
              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X