Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vbulletin 5.0

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vbulletin 5.0

    Hi,
    Lets say I get the full suite vb 4.0 now at the cost of the discounted price of $235.00.

    When vB Suite 5.0 comes out will I have to pay any other fees?

    Will the upgrade to vB 5.0 be free or in the range of $250.00 / $500.00

  • #2
    This was a point I made in another thread, what stops VB from coming out with new releases more often.

    Comment


    • #3
      When vB Suite 5.0 comes out will I have to pay any other fees?
      You will have to pay the upgrade fee (as you would have to pay to upgrade to Windows 7 if you purcahsed Vista like 2 years ago).

      Comment


      • #4
        A windows OS is about once every 4 to 5 years.

        How often will vB be upgraded? I'm thinking we will see a upgrade in the next year, because of the rather large changes we are seeing now.

        Will any licence holders to be able to wait until vB 5.0 comes around or do we need to keep in sequence to upgrade?

        I'm just think your new managers are out for my money, I lost my blogs and PT. I'm very leery now because you where selling these scripts just late last week with out warnings. These $60.00 scripts are going in to open source and another going as a freebie.

        Comment


        • #5
          a Apple™ OS-X© is about each other year... we pay for it each time... IB is not different from the big market of computers... stop complaining.
          oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

          Comment


          • #6
            How often will vB be upgraded?
            I don't know, I can only tell you that the last "major" version (vBulletin 3.0) was released 2004 - that was 5 years ago :-)

            Comment


            • #7
              My server supplier has told me not to upgrade to vB 4 as it is untested on a live site....We normally upgrade as and when there are new releases, why are they so concerned this time?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nexialys View Post
                a Apple™ OS-X© is about each other year... we pay for it each time... IB is not different from the big market of computers... stop complaining.
                Usually $99. Snow Leopard was $29.

                vBulletin is $195 possibly as often as every 2 years. That's more than Windows!!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Will any licence holders beable to wait until vB 5.0 comes around or do we need to keep in sequence to upgrade?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    As each version of vBulletin is now a FRESH PURCHASE, then you can buy vB4 or vB5. Your choice.

                    I guess there will be some means to upgrade your data from vB3 -> vB5.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      When is vB 5 due out then?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Cricko View Post
                        When is vB 5 due out then?
                        tomorrow afternoon...
                        oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Andreas,

                          Thanks for you quick answers.

                          I guess the sequence question is still in the works.

                          I only asked so I can under stand what I should do with my vB 3.+ script licence.

                          Thanks

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cricko View Post
                            When is vB 5 due out then?
                            the day/week after you pay the upgrade for vB 4

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I am fully up to date with all licenses and would upgrade to the vB 4 suite but have been told I should not by my server provider as we are a live site until at least 3 versions are tested ..This has never happened before , so why now is all I ask?

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X