Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The upgrade are life free?

Hi,
    i have received the "prefer cunstomer email" for vb 4.

Before to buy the new version, i would understand well .

In the email (correct me please if i don't have understand as well), i have read that the upgrade for the owned active license will be free for ever after the payment with the promotion.

Now, when i go in the pre-order page for buy the suite upgrade , i see my previous end time license
    * Modules: vBulletin Blog, vBulletin Project Tools
    * Domain: http://www.myforum.it/forums/
    * License Type: V*******6
    * Expires: Feb 24th '10

Beginning today, we are introducing new a license structure. vBulletin is changing to a one-time owned license fee for each major point release. That means no more annual renewal fees. Once you purchase a major point version, you’ll receive maintenance, security and minor point releases for the life of 4.x.
    Can anybody of the staff explain me better?I have sended two emails reguarding this question, but no reply from vb staff. Thanks

Same question here

Comment

You can continue to download V4.x until it is EOL - whether that is 6 months, 12 months or 24 months in time.

That is probably well after V5.0 is out - but you will not be able to download V5 until you pay again for a new licence.

However that could be in 6 or 12 months time. 6 months ago Ray apparently said we re 18 months away from V5.

Comment

For those who don't know, EOL = End of Life.

Comment

sorry - thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian99 View Post
            You can continue to download V4.x until it is EOL - whether that is 6 months, 12 months or 24 months in time.

That is probably well after V5.0 is out - but you will not be able to download V5 until you pay again for a new licence.

However that could be in 6 or 12 months time. 6 months ago Ray apparently said we re 18 months away from V5.
            In some phrases,
            if i upgrade now for 130$ , i don't have to look my end license? * Expires: Feb 24th '10

I
            can download all the v 4 versions , i'll receive the ticket support for the v4 EOL?

And why when i go to my member area, i see * Expires: Feb 24th '10 before the vb4 payment?

I'm crazyng

Comment

Originally posted by Ian99 View Post

I have a similar question about this, that really affects whether I stay with VB or not.

I buy the new license and I only keep it until 5 comes out? Then I have to pay the full of either $195 or $285 depending on whether I want the forum or the Suite? Is this correct?

Really will probably be moving on to somewhere else only because I can't afford the renewals anymore.

But please explain to me how much I will be paying each time a new version (big versions like 5, 6, etc) comes out. Thanks!

Comment

I have buyed now the upgrade,
                in the reply email from the vb staff there's the end date:

V********6 -- vBulletin Forum; expires: Feb 24th '10; set to: http://www.********/forums/
                V********2 -- vBulletin Blog; expires: With V*******6
                V********E -- vBulletin Project Tools; expires: With V*******6
                V********1 -- vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite; expires: Oct 16th '10
                It is normal or my vb4 will expire in the next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Sworm1 View Post
                  Hi,
                  i have received the "prefer cunstomer email" for vb 4.

Before to buy the new version, i would understand well .

In the email (correct me please if i don't have understand as well), i have read that the upgrade for the owned active license will be free for ever after the payment with the promotion.

Now, when i go in the pre-order page for buy the suite upgrade , i see my previous end time license
                  * Modules: vBulletin Blog, vBulletin Project Tools
                  * Domain: http://www.myforum.it/forums/
                  * License Type: V*******6
                  * Expires: Feb 24th '10

Can anybody of the staff explain me better?I have sended two emails reguarding this question, but no reply from vb staff. Thanks
                  In relation to upgrading to vB 4.0 Suite, yes no more renewal fees and you get access to all updates for all 4.x suite releases for life of 4.x suite. Ticket support will be free for life of 4.x suite.

In some phrases,
                  if i upgrade now for 130$ , i don't have to look my end license? * Expires: Feb 24th '10

I
                  can download all the v 4 versions , i'll receive the ticket support for the v4 EOL?

And why when i go to my member area, i see * Expires: Feb 24th '10 before the vb4 payment?

I'm crazyng
                  I have buyed now the upgrade,
                  in the reply email from the vb staff there's the end date:

It is normal or my vb4 will expire in the next year?
                  Once you buy upgrade to vB 4.0 suite, the expiry date won't apply to vB 4.x - i believe it's a bug in members area. I'll have to ask.
                  :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                  :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                  :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Sorry to all the VB staff who are having to rehash this, but I too am confused.
                    I've got an owned license plus 6 months left of my active updates subscription. (I'm in my second year of ownership)
                    If I upgrade to VB4.0 (which I can do for free) do I continue to get updates for the life of 4.x or only up until my active subscription ends?

Comment

Originally posted by crossovernetwork View Post
                      I've got an owned license plus 6 months left of my active updates subscription. (I'm in my second year of ownership)
                      If I upgrade to VB4.0 (which I can do for free) do I continue to get updates for the life of 4.x or only up until my active subscription ends?
                      Updates for 4.0 Forum are until your active subscription ends - in 6 months.
                      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000 View Post
                        Updates for 4.0 Forum are until your active subscription ends - in 6 months.
                        Thanks. that makes things a lot clearer.

Comment

Originally posted by crossovernetwork View Post
                          Eh? How can you upgrade to VB4 for free - noone can upgrade to VB4 for free if they have a 3.8x license now?
                          Regards

Steve.
                          www.mg-rover.org - Forum for MG and Rover owners everywhere!
                          85k users and 4million posts & growing.

Comment

Originally posted by MGSteve View Post
                            Eh? How can you upgrade to VB4 for free - noone can upgrade to VB4 for free if they have a 3.8x license now?
                            Yes they can.

If your license is active when vb4 comes out, you can upgrade at no extra cost.
                            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
                            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                              Yes they can.

If your license is active when vb4 comes out, you can upgrade at no extra cost.
                              However, once your license ends, it will cost you $175 to renew only for the support within 4.x
                              Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                              VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                              vBulletin Hosting and Services
                              Server / Website Consultation

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X