I would happily pay the $130 to upgrade if....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ian99
    • Jun 2005

I would happily pay the $130 to upgrade if....

I could upgrade at this price up until the expiry of my licence support.

I also believe many expired users would pay this if they had a month to do so.

Two weeks, especially with PayPal down is unfair.
  • crichighlights
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

Paypal option will come within few days. (hardly 1 day).

If you didn't purchase within 2 weeks, it means you want your money to waste (considering you purchase it later)

Comment

• Ian99
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by crichighlights
      Paypal option will come within few days. (hardly 1 day).

If you didn't purchase within 2 weeks, it means you want your money to waste (considering you purchase it later)

I do not understand your English - sorry.

I do not have the money available at the moment - after all I have a support contract for almost 12 months.

Comment

• crichighlights
        • Feb 2009
        • 3.8.x

Sorry for bad English.

You have to compulsory upgrade your license because if you upgrade it later you will have to pay extra.

You are still eligible for getting support VB for 12 Months. You will have excess to VB Forum *Classic for the time you have valid active license. After that you have either upgrade or will stop getting forum updates + support.

The discussion is all about breach of contract and nothing else. check everything thread, you will see people are crying for this reason.

Comment

• Ian99
          • Jun 2005

Why should I have to pay money 12 months in advance of when it is due?

And then may only be worth it for 6 months (due to VB5) - meaning the actual cost has risen by 400% over my last renewal cost.

Comment

• crichighlights
            • Feb 2009
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Ian99
            Why should I have to pay money 12 months in advance of when it is due?

And then may only be worth it for 6 months (due to VB5) - meaning the actual cost has risen by 400% over my last renewal cost.
            VB 5 does not exist yet. And it is unlikely to be there in next 2 years. Yes, you have to pay advance otherwise you will need to pay double next time. (after 2 Week).

This is all about discussion going on.

Comment

• Ian99
              • Jun 2005

I am aware of that - thanks!

My point is I WOULD pay if I could pay when my licence expired, not 12 months beforehand.

Comment

• nforums
                Banned
                • Jun 2009
                • 3.8.x

I would happily pay the upgrade if..

You know, there was some sort of working demo available other than some screen shots and the occasional video clip?

This may have been one of the biggest blunders in internet companies history. With the economy reeling already, and IB public image in the toilet among avid vBulletin users, this didn't do anything to help them change public perception one bit and will ultimately cost lost sales, and more negative publicity in the long run. Complete and total alienation from its loyal customer base, with absolutely no regards to them what so ever.

Having a presale order is a grand idea, but generally its right before the product is available and there are working demos (BETA releases) publicly available for users to, well try and see if they like. The fail boat has launched, and IB is all aboard it.

Currently, this is not the case, there is only a small percentage of people who have actually seen vB4 and due to the NDA they can't comment on it at all, whether its good or bad. The Beta testing program will be the first change most users actually get to see vB4, but for the majority of webmasters, it will be from the outside looking in, with no access to back end features or a peek at the code.

Yet some how we're expected to jump right in and preorder a product that isn't even close to being ready. I think putting things in perspective may help. A software license for vBulletin now costs more than most Operating systems, some laptop computers, and a host of other things, I realize it all costs money to pay developers, and everyone, and in fact I'd imagine its probably come at a lot of loss money to IB to put vB4 out, but now with this blunder, the amount of lost sales and people who won't upgrade past 3.8 due to the pricing scheme will leave a sour taste in a lot of people's mouth.

Comment

• AntonyF
                  • May 2005

nforums, that was my understanding from reading the announcement and wondered if i'd even got it right. It seems i did, reading your post.

Why on earth would I pre-order an untested, unproven CMS when I have the likes of Wordpress for free which have been developed for many years and I'm already running.

I do fear more and more this is going to become like Infopop again... straying into just too many things, and sacrificing the core forum functionality. I really hoped vBulletin wouldn't go this way.

BUT I'll wait and see, vBulletin still have a lot of built up good will with me.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎