Kindly requesting a demo of vB 4.0 Suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    I don't think there's any way they can make it "complete" like that in an instant, it has to build up.
    Why not? I'm not trying to be facetious here, I'm being totally serious.

Back when office suites were introduced and Lotus and WordPerfect wanted to get into the game, they didn't come out with products that were not up to snuff with Microsoft Office. In fact, they had to develop applications that went beyond what Microsoft's did -- otherwise, why run a "me too" office suite at all? This is the reality of competition in the marketplace.

If someone tried to come out with a "Internet Security Suite" today and it didn't include a virus scanner, firewall and spyware protection it would fail. Everyone else has it and it wouldn't represent a good value.

I don't see this as any different, especially at the new, higher price point Internet Brands feels is justified. We shouldn't have to settle for a CMS system "lite". In reality, for those who choose to use it, the CMS is likely to be the real gateway to our websites in the future. We can't run another one at the same. It *needs* to be good.

(Just to be clear, I'm not sure the vBulletin CMS Suite will be a CMS system "lite" -- no one really knows yet!)

Comment

I purchased it as well. Payed $210 for the upgrade (it's been a year and a half since my last) and am really hoping for the best. But I already have a CMS that we custom made, so I have pretty high expectations for this one. I agree that the "blogs" were pretty lame compared to WordPress so we have never used them. And if that's an indication of how the CMS will be compared to Joomla or other CMS'es... boy will I be disappointed!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X