Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudedog1968
    replied
    I would hope v4.0 lasts as long as v3.0 did, however when you start charging for point releases only, you'll see them more often.

This is what I'm afraid of:
    Right now they had us renew each year and could drag the development out as long as they could. When you switch the lic model, it makes sense from a buisness point to bang out point releases every year.....

And with the way they've asked us to upgrade, who knows how much this will cost us each year.

Leave a comment:

• tgcsniper
    replied
    I read a post earlier (made by a vbteam member) that vb4 is likely to last for a few years before vb5 comes out taken that vb3 was released 5 years ago...

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Originally posted by choccyclaire View Post
    I don't get why so many people are concerned with vb5 right now. We all know it takes jelsoft 5 years to even wipe their a$$.
    Originally posted by tgcsniper View Post
    And when exactly do you think vbulletin 5.0 will be released???? in the next 3 years????

It probably isnt even in development yet... so dont expect it to be released next year... vb 4.0 will be a long line...
    Because it's already been announced to expect vBulletin 5 as simply the conclusion of the vB4 code project. And to expect it in 18 months. This announcement was 6 months ago.

Even if we say 18 months from now, then the cost to the customer for vBulletin over the next 3 years is $195 + $195 = $390. Suite customers pay $250 + $250 or $500.

To the original poster, you get a "visitor's pass" to the vB4 club until mid-2010. Then you are basically starting from scratch and have to pay $195 to get vB4. And another $195 for vB5. All within a very short period of time.

Currently yearly renewal cost is $60/year. In order for vB4 -> vB5 cost to be similar, vB5 would have to be delayed until 2018.

Leave a comment:

• choccyclaire
    replied
    I don't get why so many people are concerned with vb5 right now. We all know it takes jelsoft 5 years to even wipe their a$$.

Leave a comment:

• crichighlights
    replied
    Originally posted by lim (x-7x) = ∞ View Post
    v4 to v5 upgrade/renewal will be not free
    it will be same 250$

Leave a comment:

• lim (x-7x) = ∞
    replied
    v4 to v5 upgrade/renewal will be not free

Leave a comment:

• 4nawadir.com
    replied
    Originally posted by crichighlights View Post
    VB 4.0 will be free for life. But who knows when VB 5 will be role out. It depends upon financial results of IB. If they want to increase results, you may see the new version within 2 year.
    Yes man, free for life ,, here is the problem
    vBulletin5 will Be here soon ..

im waiting vbulletin team reponseeee before upgrade because 130$ is not **** ...

Leave a comment:

• 4nawadir.com
    replied
    Originally posted by tgcsniper View Post
    And when exactly do you think vbulletin 5.0 will be released???? in the next 3 years????

It probably isnt even in development yet... so dont expect it to be released next year... vb 4.0 will be a long line...
    Thanks for your reply...
    So, welcome vb4 Suite ...

Leave a comment:

• crichighlights
    replied
    VB 4.0 will be free for life. But who knows when VB 5 will be role out. It depends upon financial results of IB. If they want to increase results, you may see the new version within 2 year.

Leave a comment:

• tgcsniper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 4nawadir.com
    started a topic About vBulletin5 ... renewal or rebuy from zero

About vBulletin5 ... renewal or rebuy from zero

Hello ,

I have an owned lisence expire on (26/05/2010 renewal)
    i like upgrade to vb4 suite ,,
    (( this is not a probleme ))

the probleme is:
    when vb5 will ready ,
    can i ReNewal <==> free
    can i ReNewal <=or=> ReBuy vBulletin from zero ?

Thank you
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X