Detects fraud when trying to buy buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detects fraud when trying to buy buy

It's telling me it's detecting fraud and to try another card. I've tried two different cards and it keeps telling me it cannot process because of possible fraud. It's a United States address and card but currently in Argentina if it's detecting my IP address or something. I'd like to get this done BEFORE the presale ends. Thanks!
    Art of Travel Blogging : The Travel Blogging Community for Beginners and Professionals

I´m getting a feeling that this will not be resolved before presale and ill have a whole new set of issues to deal with. i need support so i can actually buy your product. thank you

it says
    Suspected fraudulent transaction because score exceeded limit of 2.3
    Art of Travel Blogging : The Travel Blogging Community for Beginners and Professionals

Comment

I ran into the same problem. Just switched to paypal and that worked

Comment

I also had an issue a long time back because at that time it was a purchase from the UK, and I am in the usa.

I called my credit card company and pre-authorized it, which worked.

Comment

Originally posted by vskylabv View Post
          It's telling me it's detecting fraud and to try another card. I've tried two different cards and it keeps telling me it cannot process because of possible fraud. It's a United States address and card but currently in Argentina if it's detecting my IP address or something. I'd like to get this done BEFORE the presale ends. Thanks!
          Please log into members area and submit a support ticket to apprioriate department so they can take care of this
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Yup, it also accused me of fraud several times. I just went ahead and did it through PayPal. Same problem. I called my card company. They said they didn't feel like paying because it seemed like a risky purchase.

I yelled at them for not informing me. They told me my next attempt would succeed. And of course it also failed.
            - the makers of VaultWiki

Comment

Originally posted by thincom2000 View Post
              I yelled at them for not informing me. They told me my next attempt would succeed. And of course it also failed.
              Lol

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000 View Post
                Please log into members area and submit a support ticket to apprioriate department so they can take care of this
                That's not going to help because it is external and not from here.

I had the same problem and it was in fact my bank refusing the transaction, and once you try more than twice then meta-charge's anti fraud kicks in, the guy who called his credit card company for a pre-approval is the right move, because the report I got was that many people have reported issues with this payment portal having used fraudulent information, so they sort of got black listed, so your banks and or credit cards want you to call in that you are trying to do this transaction so they can verify it is NOT a fraudulent use of your information and is meant for your protection and not to make you nuts LOL!

Just wait it out with Meta charge and you will be allowed to try again, probably in about four hours, but be sure you got approval first, or as another pointed out, and what I did since my bank took five days of telling me they lifted the block, and still it wouldn't go through....use PayPal and just change your funding from your bank account to your credit/debit card, and it will be instant and you won't need to wait if you do not currently have enough in your PayPal account!

For the record..... I did get a confirmation that this was NOT and issue with Jelsoft, it is an issue with the payment portal, that is the origin of the complaints about risk, they were very clear in separating the two, however as per Eva's recommendation, it might be worth their considering an alternative to their current payment portal, considering their current reputation, anyone telling you THIS is a risky purchase is inaccurate, present issues excluded, at least you KNOW the terms of your purchase, no one a month ago did, well...rather... are disappointed in how things are being presented by IB, but I do not think very many alternatives are as easy and have the options or feature as this does, I just wish they would re-evaluate their marketing strategy and have more consideration for those spending money only a month or so ago, only to be told it was wasted to a great extent because of the inability of 4.0 being backwards compatible with blogs recently purchased with their forums.

TSG!
                Last edited by The Smoking Gun!; Mon 19 Oct '09, 5:30pm. Reason: Word it better

Comment

LOL!!!!

Well anyway.. Did the whole ticket thing and the response back was in short 'too bad' so i went ahead and used paypal instead which I didn't want to do but hell with it. Not worth complaining. Enjoy the 130!

Comment

Originally posted by The Smoking Gun! View Post
                    use PayPal and just change your funding from your bank account to your credit/debit card, and it will be instant and you won't need to wait if you do not currently have enough in your PayPal account!
                    when i did paypal.. credit card feature was shut off.
                    the credit check seems to be from the company itself.. not the credit company. dunno

Comment

For me I have been trying to use PayPal instead of MetaCharge all day. But PayPal has the wrong address on file for me. I tried updating the address but after saving, it still has the old address. Trying to purchase with what it has gets PayPal's version of the fraudulent transaction message.

If one of these companies (MetaCharge, PayPal, my bank) doesn't fix this soon, I'm going to lose the $120 discount.
                      - the makers of VaultWiki

Comment

Are you unable to make a wire transfer?

Comment

I was able to purchase through the portal with my Visa card (without calling my company first) and immediately got a fraud warning e-mail where I had to call the company and verify the purchase.

Comment

With "Meta Charge" i always face a problem (suspected fraud or something else), with "World Pay" or "2Checkout" never had any problem with same card .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X