Vbulletin 4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin 4.0

Unless I miss understood the email that I received, Vbulletin 4.0 is now available and you can purchase it for $130 or if you have an active license which I still do, then you can upgrade for free. Or atleast it says that on vbulletin.com.

However, the only option it gives me even after I sign in is to pay for it?

So what am I missing?
    George Beale
    www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

The actual vB 4.0 isn't available yet as it's in testing stages. Pre-sale offer is for the right prepurchase it at a discount (for active existing license holders). When vB 4.0 is ready for release, then you'll get to download it.
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

well, then
      1. You sell what you don't have ... yet.
      2. We don't know what we're paying for....

Comment

1. Hence why it's called pre-sale and not sale.
        2. Why the the new site design was put up with screenshots and feature page http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=screenshots and http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=features
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

O've got the exact same question

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1803539

where is the "free" option to upgrade to v4?

So, from what eva2000 says, it seems we just have to wait and download it when it's available?

Comment

it should be like this IF you have a active license right now you should get to download the 4 version whenever it is ready.. for FREE.

my license runs out in 4 days and the option to pay for another year has been removed!!.. so that means i will have to pay the full $130 for software we don't even know when will be available..

not good enough is it.

wD
            Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

When vb4 is released you will be able to download the vb4 forums for free if your license is still active when it's released.
              If you want the suite vb4 suite you will need to upgrade, if your license is still active you get the discount, if it's expired you don't get the discount and since it's expired your will need to purchase a new license. Normally when licensing models are changed the renewal date eventually expires so user's will need to keep the expiration date for renewal in mind and make sure they renew before the renewal date expires.

Comment

Well my license expires next month..what happens if VB4 isnt out by then? Do I have to pay to renew vb3, then pay again for vb4?
                George Beale
                www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeB View Post
                  Well my license expires next month..what happens if VB4 isnt out by then? Do I have to pay to renew vb3, then pay again for vb4?
                  I wonder about exact the same thing...
                  An official statement please?

Comment

I only renewed a couple of days ago and then I received the email. I have sent a support ticket in as my license didnt expire until tomorrow but I paid a few days in advance but now may be expected to pay $130 to renew again.
                    www.thefewgoodmen.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X