X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baba Wawa
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazymilk View Post
    I have to say I am confused as well reagrding the renewal process.

Ok so I own the Licence atm which runs out later this month (October). Would somebody be kind enough to explain what my options are and costs of those options? Normally I would jusy pay $40 renewal on my own licence. Is that still the same?
    No, it is not the same. There have been big changes. I hope you are informing yourself about those changes.

Leave a comment:

• nfn
    replied
    Originally posted by ra87 View Post
    To be honest, at the moment, if you want the forums for v4, your best deal is to get the suite offer at $130 - if you don't you will need to pay $175+ for the forums.

So really, it's not a waste of money, it's cheaper. You can just disable the blogs/cms

The only way they will catch you out - is when you upgrade to v5, you will have to stick with suite to upgrade.
    Wayne already said that you can switch from Suite v4 to Forum v5.
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...09#post1813509

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Makc666 View Post
    You have to remember that upgrade price for Suite will be bigger in future then the price for the Suite. I think so. Of course this one will happen only in 2-3 years (I hope) but you have to remember about this fact!
    You're talking about vB5, and the likely scenario then is that the upgrade path will be similar. there may, or may not, be discounts for the suite again. However, you will still be able to go for just the forums, even if you go for the suite this time.

Leave a comment:

• Makc666
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    Your cheapest option right now, as your license is still active, is to go for the $130 suite deal, even if you don't want the CMS (you can just disable it).

Buying just the forum would currently be more expensive.
    You have to remember that upgrade price for Suite will be bigger in future then the price for the Suite. I think so. Of course this one will happen only in 2-3 years (I hope) but you have to remember about this fact!

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazymilk View Post

Ok so I own the Licence atm which runs out later this month (October). Would somebody be kind enough to explain what my options are and costs of those options? Normally I would jusy pay $40 renewal on my own licence. Is that still the same?

Basically I am happy with Vb3 that I am using atm and dont need the CMS or blog options.
    Thanks
    Your cheapest option right now, as your license is still active, is to go for the $130 suite deal, even if you don't want the CMS (you can just disable it).

Buying just the forum would currently be more expensive.

But you MUST do this before Oct 30th, and you MUST do it before your current license expires - otherwise the price rises dramatically.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by riderbook View Post
    slinky its only making the task more tougher for especially the hobby and low-earning forums, they can't afford to go for payment yearly, vB must see to it, 1 main release in 30 months min. not anything less than that, if they are going for much lower ways then vB is for sure going to lose the users - undoubtedly.
    They WANT to lose those users, that's what this is designed to do.

This "sale" sorts the wheat from the chaff...it identifies those who can, at a push, scrape together the money at short notice. These customers they want to keep.

Those who can't do it, they don't want them as they are not big spenders, so they price them completely off the platform.

Leave a comment:

• Crazymilk
    replied

Basically I am happy with Vb3 that I am using atm and dont need the CMS or blog options.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• riderbook
    replied
    slinky its only making the task more tougher for especially the hobby and low-earning forums, they can't afford to go for payment yearly, vB must see to it, 1 main release in 30 months min. not anything less than that, if they are going for much lower ways then vB is for sure going to lose the users - undoubtedly.

Leave a comment:

• slinky
    replied
    Originally posted by crichighlights View Post
    If you just need forum classic then you have to pay 195$ and if you want suite you will have to pay 130$. Also, remember with forum classic, support charges are 80$ while it is free in suite. So, basically you are being force to use suite. No other way you can think about it.
    Essentially I've figured that this is the case. If you want to upgrade your forum, it's at the incredible price of $175 just for the forum. Thanks for clarifying this.

With pricing now "per version" here's a bright way of looking at the future. Instead of waiting a long time to have major upgrades like vB 3 to vB 4, we can probably expect "major" upgrades at least once every year!

Leave a comment:

• synth19
    replied
    I am in the same position, I need to renew by the 24th. Looks like I have no choice but to the the suite package. It makes more sense financially.

Leave a comment:

• ra87
    replied
    Originally posted by tickedon View Post
    Ray, vBulletin General Manager, said they expect vB within 18 months.

So I'm afraid it's unlikely to be 4-5 years.
    Unfortunalty that is correct - they only have 3 minor releases expected, with 6 months of deveopment in each, meaning 2 years until the vb5 "presale" discount.

Leave a comment:

• tickedon
    replied
    Originally posted by -=Leb=- View Post
    That make sense, thx for the info Hopefully we will continue use the vb4.x another 4-5 years until they release the vb5.0
    Ray, vBulletin General Manager, said they expect vB within 18 months.

So I'm afraid it's unlikely to be 4-5 years.

Leave a comment:

• -=Leb=-
    replied
    Originally posted by ra87 View Post
    To be honest, at the moment, if you want the forums for v4, your best deal is to get the suite offer at $130 - if you don't you will need to pay $175+ for the forums.

So really, it's not a waste of money, it's cheaper. You can just disable the blogs/cms

The only way they will catch you out - is when you upgrade to v5, you will have to stick with suite to upgrade.
    That make sense, thx for the info Hopefully we will continue use the vb4.x another 4-5 years until they release the vb5.0

Leave a comment:

• ra87
    replied
    Originally posted by riderbook View Post
    vB must do something regarding the forum only used clients as all can't afford the prices at a go it depends on the individual financial status @ tht particular moment, just like now, this is a sudden jerk if need to pay $130 else if they offer a price for vB forum alone, it will b real good

Leave a comment:

• riderbook
    replied
    vB must do something regarding the forum only used clients as all can't afford the prices at a go it depends on the individual financial status @ tht particular moment, just like now, this is a sudden jerk if need to pay $130 else if they offer a price for vB forum alone, it will b real good

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X