should I renew or not ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I renew or not ????

I have an owned license, its expiring on oct 21st, so as I recd. mail there will be no charges for owned licenses yearly, so now do I need to renew or I can sit back casually ??

I will be looking to upgrade to 4.x release later on, so guide me through this process

Even if you renew now, you're not going to take advantage of that $130 deal...Renew if you really need to upgrade your forum software.

Comment

I don't need vB-Suite, I don't use CMS nor Blog , so suite is just waste for my forums. I just need basic forums.

what will happen to support ?? will the support remain or will be removed as well if I don't renew ?? its too confusing

Comment

Give it some time. Wait awhile.

Comment

Yep...if you definitely don't need the suite, hang fire.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by riderbook View Post
            I don't need vB-Suite, I don't use CMS nor Blog , so suite is just waste for my forums. I just need basic forums.

what will happen to support ?? will the support remain or will be removed as well if I don't renew ?? its too confusing
            From what I see if you just want to update your forum you have to pay $195 even if you are a license owner. Is it just me or are people who bought licenses being shafted? I bought my license thinking it was mine for life only to be told it is useless now and I MUST buy it yet again. Surely this must be illegal?

Comment

Originally posted by peterpigman View Post
              From what I see if you just want to update your forum you have to pay $195 even if you are a license owner. Is it just me or are people who bought licenses being shafted? I bought my license thinking it was mine for life only to be told it is useless now and I MUST buy it yet again. Surely this must be illegal?
              You can use that license for as long as you want, you just can't renew for updates anymore without upgrading to vB4.... which sucks
              Unlike most, I don't think I'm always right, if I'm wrong, CORRECT me.... providing you have some evidence

Comment

If you just need forum classic then you have to pay 195$ and if you want suite you will have to pay 130$. Also, remember with forum classic, support charges are 80$ while it is free in suite. So, basically you are being force to use suite. No other way you can think about it.

Comment

vB must do something regarding the forum only used clients as all can't afford the prices at a go it depends on the individual financial status @ tht particular moment, just like now, this is a sudden jerk if need to pay $130 else if they offer a price for vB forum alone, it will b real good

Comment

Originally posted by riderbook View Post
                    vB must do something regarding the forum only used clients as all can't afford the prices at a go it depends on the individual financial status @ tht particular moment, just like now, this is a sudden jerk if need to pay $130 else if they offer a price for vB forum alone, it will b real good
                    To be honest, at the moment, if you want the forums for v4, your best deal is to get the suite offer at $130 - if you don't you will need to pay $175+ for the forums.

So really, it's not a waste of money, it's cheaper. You can just disable the blogs/cms

The only way they will catch you out - is when you upgrade to v5, you will have to stick with suite to upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by ra87 View Post
                      To be honest, at the moment, if you want the forums for v4, your best deal is to get the suite offer at $130 - if you don't you will need to pay $175+ for the forums.

So really, it's not a waste of money, it's cheaper. You can just disable the blogs/cms

The only way they will catch you out - is when you upgrade to v5, you will have to stick with suite to upgrade.
                      That make sense, thx for the info Hopefully we will continue use the vb4.x another 4-5 years until they release the vb5.0

Comment

Originally posted by -=Leb=- View Post
                        That make sense, thx for the info Hopefully we will continue use the vb4.x another 4-5 years until they release the vb5.0
                        Ray, vBulletin General Manager, said they expect vB within 18 months.

So I'm afraid it's unlikely to be 4-5 years.
                        Alasdair Stewart || SolidPHP, Inc - www.solidphp.com
                        # License, distribute and sell your PHP scripts - SPBAS licensing solution
                        # Does your licensing provider have over 5 years of experience?

★ STOP PRESS! Click here for my FAQ on the changes for existing customers

Comment

Originally posted by tickedon View Post
                          Ray, vBulletin General Manager, said they expect vB within 18 months.

So I'm afraid it's unlikely to be 4-5 years.
                          Unfortunalty that is correct - they only have 3 minor releases expected, with 6 months of deveopment in each, meaning 2 years until the vb5 "presale" discount.

Comment

I am in the same position, I need to renew by the 24th. Looks like I have no choice but to the the suite package. It makes more sense financially.

Comment

Originally posted by crichighlights View Post
                              If you just need forum classic then you have to pay 195$ and if you want suite you will have to pay 130$. Also, remember with forum classic, support charges are 80$ while it is free in suite. So, basically you are being force to use suite. No other way you can think about it.
                              Essentially I've figured that this is the case. If you want to upgrade your forum, it's at the incredible price of $175 just for the forum. Thanks for clarifying this.

With pricing now "per version" here's a bright way of looking at the future. Instead of waiting a long time to have major upgrades like vB 3 to vB 4, we can probably expect "major" upgrades at least once every year!
                              My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X