Extend the Discount Period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extend the Discount Period

Please could you ask about extending the discount period. The time given when your site isn't even running it is not long enough.

I also don't get paid until the end of the month so if I like it, I will upgrade then
    [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

Discount offer should be extended until renewal date.

Comment

Originally posted by fufu View Post
      Firmly agree with this, the software might actually be available then as well.
      If you saw an advert on eBay for a product to be released in the future would you buy it now
      https://thebookjoint.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to books especially Jack Reacher

Comment

It would be nice, if the discount period was a bit longer.

Comment

yes, please.

Comment

Same here. I would probably upgrade into vB4 PS, but I have to see the live product first.

Extend the discount period until renewal date.

/Chris

Comment

exactly - then we would be happy.

I object to paying more money before my renewal is up.

I am more than happy to consider my options and probably pay up prior to the expiry of my licence.

But to only get a $15 discount at that point is a joke and an insult.

Comment

I do certainly agree that the upgrade period should be atleast a good solid one month in duration, nothing less, to cater all payment arrangements, fortnightly, monthly, etc.

Comment

I was just coming on to post about this.

Only allowing the discount price for two weeks when the product isn't even on public show seems wrong to me.

The only reason I may be tempted to upgrade would be because of the integrated CMS, but id like to see it in action first. I dont want to fork out $130 which I cant afford at the moment for a product I might not even like.

1) Show off VB4, even if it is only an alpha version
                  2) Get the CMS up and running so we can see the functionality
                  3) Extend the discount period

Comment

Feck feck feck

My users pay me in about May, so I'm not expecting any large increase in available funds until then. This is when my licence expires.

At that point yes I will want to upgrade, but right now I simply cannot afford it, especially since I'm out of work at the moment so can't even stretch to covering the cost myself while I wait for the income.

So yes, Jelsoft, please do the right thing by your users and supporters and extend this pre-sale offer. Given that the software is not yet available, one would think that you would offer the pre-sale for at least 4 weeks, preferably 12.

Actually, it should be available for anyone at their next renewal date for the next 12 months. We have books to keep as well.

Comment

For once, I agree.

Comment

Agreed, when chaging pricing models existing users should be extended the discount until their current renewal lapses.

Edit: I should add that I purchased my owned license 68 days ago. Feeling a little jilted to have to pony up now for a product that isn't even released yet or risk not getting any [real] discount.

I understand I will get 4.0 and get updates for the next 10 months, but after that I then have to pony up twice as much money to keep the updates coming?
                        Last edited by The_Hawk; Wed 14 Oct '09, 2:58am.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Hawk View Post
                          Agreed, when chaging pricing models existing users should be extended the discount until their current renewal lapses.

Edit: I should add that I purchased my owned license 68 days ago. Feeling a little jilted to have to pony up now for a product that isn't even released yet or risk not getting any [real] discount.

I understand I will get 4.0 and get updates for the next 10 months, but after that I then have to pony up twice as much money to keep the updates coming?
                          True, I purchase license in May, now paid 135 as upgrade.

Comment

I might be inclined to upgrade to vB 4 if the discount period is longer and during that time we have a better roadmap of the 4.x series and a look at exactly what vB 4 offers. Right now customers are being asked to shell out $130 on short notice with only screenshots to go on, which doesn't exactly foster customer loyalty, especially in these rough economic times.

My license ends in April, and like The_Hawk I'd appreciate if the discount was extended to match the renewal of the old software which is as good as garbage at this point basically, for any site that operates and wants to be weary of security problems. I'd be contented however if it was extended to the end of this calendar year for all customers with active licenses.

The fact that so many customers, many of us who I'm sure have spurred other sites to switch to this software, who have been contented for so long are all congregating in frustration of the new changes should speak to how remarkably unworkable they are in the long term for customer retention.

Comment

Agreed two weeks isn't enough.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X