Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin Pricing Fix Proposal, Please Vote!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that this will change anything..

Comment

I think a 93% disapproval rating speaks for itself.

Comment

Active $0, Expired $60

Comment

Originally posted by therczone View Post
          I think a 93% disapproval rating speaks for itself.
          Unfortunately I don't think it will matter. A company inforcing this way of upgrades, and customer communication, is only one with need of immidiate funds - that is very clear. They will not back down because the customer thinks it is wrong, since getting in money is what they need at this very moment.

In this case I would maybe to upgrade to the suite, for one of my license, but I will not give them my money, save only $15, and pay for a product that haven't left alpha stage yet. No way. If they want money upfront, I think they should learn how to treat the customers.

Comment

I voted for 2 thinking it was for the suite. Owned license should be a cheap upgrade. My license isn't even about to expire, so you want to punish me for being a new customer?

I am not converting now, I paid for my year.

Plus where is the DEMO?

Comment

No it doesn't matter.

I've been in the room when a customer-base was having a meltdown because of a corporate decision and corporate didn't even blink. They just kept repeating their statement and waited for the dust to clear.

Comment

Please vote. Because of their lack of warm welcome we have been surprised Version 4 even have to do the same time depending

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320192
                We do not do buying and extended

Comment

Active $0, Expired $60
                  The Relationship Forum
                  The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

I think prices should be done pro-rata on months left to run on current licences. Ie old licence $180 a year = $15 a month.

For each month left to run on the current licence deduct $15 from the price of VB4 Forum licence and the price of the VB Publishing Suite licence.

If you have 11 months left on current licence then $15 x 11 discount from the price of VB4, 10 months left to run discount $15 x 10, etc, etc, expired deduct $15 x 0 = 0!

Comment

Voted! It's really a mess what vb does to long year customers. With 2 owned licenses and a blog I have to pay 400 USD only to update a software I already bought. I will wait 2 weeks if vb maybe change this stupid decission. If yes, I will instantly renew my licenses, if not, I will move everything to IPB.

Comment

But I want to know if I have to upgrade the new suite license (after purchasing ) to keep running Blog or even CMS in the site for the life time or not ?

For example, someone purchased the suite package (130$) , then after one or two years, vb5 released. Should he pay the upgrade fee to keep his suite features running or he can run vb4 suite with its features for the life time without needing to upgrade ?

And how much the upgrade will be ?

I want to know the answer please for these questions and if I'm posted in wrong thread, please tell me who and where should I post.

already voted to Active $0, Expired $60

Comment

Active $0, Expired $60
                          I dont´t need CMS,Blog, etc. I want forum software only.

Comment

Any comment on this request/proposal (which most think is fair) from Jelsoft/Internet Brands??

Comment

Originally posted by therczone View Post
                              ...when active owned licenses are FREE to upgrade?
                              I think you are confused by the wording "Upgrade: FREE" on the homepage. It really isn't free -- it is full price. What you get free if you have an active license is access to the initial releases of 4.0 (IF it is released before your active license expires). Once you hit your license expiration date, it appears you stop getting even security updates for 4.x and your only option to realistically keep using 4.x is to buy a brand new 4.x license at full price.

Well, I hope I'm wrong.. but I have yet to see where an active license holder can get the free upgrade to a 4.x license.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X