Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin Pricing Fix Proposal, Please Vote!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to vb...
    It is greedy dudes...
    No Bill Gates the Second ...!

I hope you value your customers' wish and consider the first option (Active $0, Expired $60)

Thanks
    Last edited by alimcm; Wed 14 Oct '09, 3:36am.

Comment

Active $0, Expired $60

as i don't find it fair on the ppl who just got there owned licence

Comment

I don't get it, if your license expired, why didn't you renew it?

Comment

Originally posted by meeja View Post
          Does it really matter?

What matters is that people with expired owned license have to pay the same price as the people who never bought anything from vbulletin. That's crazy.

Comment

Active $0 and for expired it should be $60.

What happened to all those $$ we paid throughout the years to have OWNED license?

Now we're being treated as first time buyers, which is a highly unfair business practice.

Maybe it's time to look around for IPB solutions or freeware options.

Comment

I would be willing to pay $60 to renew my forum license to get the VB 4 system
              $60 is a fair price for a single product
              I believe $100-$130? for the full suite is a good price

Comment

Originally posted by Farsisat View Post
                Thanks, applied polls more votes I'm sure the first option provides the Company and changes required to clients are in favor.

I ask all friends of the polls and vote for company managers who are too proud too be aware that their acts without thinking and Tyyrat customer has rights.

Thank you Mr. Raza

Comment

Originally posted by therczone View Post
                  THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT THE "PUBLISHING SUITE"! IT IS ABOUT VB3 OWNED FORUM LICENSES AND UPGRADING TO THE "VB4 FORUM LICENSE"!

Do you think having to pay $195 (full price, as a new license) because your owned license expired is fair, when active owned licenses are FREE to upgrade? That's a huge gap from $0 to $195.

I would like to see $0 for active owned licenses and $60 for expired owned licenses (compared to $195). What do you think?

Please see my thread, VB4 SCHEME EXPLAINED! -- vBulletin Customers: Expired Owned/Leased License is USELESS for the easy-to-understand info regarding vBulletin's new prices and policies.
                  You forget to mention the fact that we are going to have to pay even more when our current license expires. They haven't told us the amount yet, but I can pretty much guarantee it's going to be more than the usual $40.

Comment

Originally posted by karabaja View Post
                    Does it really matter?

What matters is that people with expired owned license have to pay the same price as the people who never bought anything from vbulletin. That's crazy.

agree with him this is crazy

Comment

$60 is perfect for a 3.x license to 4.x license upgrade for forum only, when I consider my license only had the forums to begin with, I never needed blogs or projects. :|

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                        $60 is perfect for a 3.x license to 4.x license upgrade for forum only, when I consider my license only had the forums to begin with, I never needed blogs or projects. :|

I agree.
                        iloco

Comment

It was a great ride with VB..
                          I will stick to using 3.7 until i convert to the "other" software.

as you can see from my join date that i have been a customer since 2004.. it's sad that it has to end this way

Comment

Dont forget those of us that are in 'limbo' either. I was about to renew my expiring license yesterday morning and when I tried it didnt work later in the day, then the site changed.

My license is active for another week, so I dont even get the option to see VB4 because my license will expire during the pre-sale window.

Instead of paying $40, my only option is $130, or $195 flat for the forum as a new user even though I have a currently active license, that granted expires in a week.

But I'm active, and would renew, but I no longer can. Support has stated "What you are saying is more or less right" but state no offer to help.

Paying for something sight unseen is dumb, yet my hands are tied, esp with the unknown release schedules, who knows if 5 will be pushed up and really be a 4.5, or if they'll do 10 point releases, or 2.. its all shrouded in mystery.

I went from a hardcore vb fan, to starting to look elsewhere even though I wont get the same functionality, just because of the new stance with no regard for existing loyal customers, acceptable loses sure.. its business.

I think however abandoning this price point and license structure will have a lasting effect on the growth of vB and its bottom line.

Comment

To the top.. this thread needs to stay alive and at the top of the forum listing, along with my VB4 EXPLAINED!! -- vBulletin Customers: Your Expired Owned License is USELESS thread (312 replies, 7156 views).

Comment

Originally posted by meeja View Post
                                Waited for native utf8 support. Since I didn't use it or was going to until that was resolved I didn't want to pay until I could use it. And I payed for the blog also.

So because I waited for next version I have to buy it all over again. Don't think so! I also have an expired owned ipb license that I can renew for $25

Was going for vBulletin, that was why I let the ipb get inactive Now I propably go with open source instead.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X