Upgrading to vB 4 with PayPal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to vB 4 with PayPal

I have owned licence valid till the end of next month.
    I want to preorder vB4 Publishing suite this month for 130 $
    I have money but do not have money on my PayPal account or credit card. I have only cash, so I will give money to my friend to buy vB4 Publishing suite with his PayPal account for me.

My question is:
    When I go to purchase (http://www.vbulletin.com/order/index.php), on step 3 (Customer Information), what should I write in that fields (e-mail, name, phone number...).
    My name, email, phone number or my friend name, email, phone number?

Originally posted by Sunka View Post
    I have money but do not have money on my PayPal account or credit card. I have only cash, so I will give money to my friend to buy vB4 Publishing suite with his PayPal account for me.

My question is:
    When I go to purchase (http://www.vbulletin.com/order/index.php), on step 3 (Customer Information), what should I write in that fields (e-mail, name, phone number...).
    I would assume that your friend is loaning you this money and you will pay him back?

If you want to own the license, use your name, if your friend is going to own the license, use his name.

Comment

I will give money to my friend in cash.
      His "role" in this scenario is only to pay vBulletin (upgrading my owned licence) through his paypal account.

I have owned vBulletin, and everything else except PayPal.

Comment

I will give money to my friend in cash.
        His "role" in this scenario is only to pay vBulletin (upgrading my owned licence) through his paypal account.

I have owned vBulletin, and everything else except PayPal.
        Then it would seem to me, that the license should be in your name. You're friend is just lending you his credit card in return for your cash.

Comment

Originally posted by zeloreo View Post
          Then it would seem to me, that the license should be in your name. You're friend is just lending you his credit card in return for your cash.
          That is same what I think, but I want to be sure that something will not going wrong because of different data in Customer information fields and PayPal account.

Could someone from Jelsoft confirm that procedure from first post will be OK?

Comment

Bumping

Please someone from Jelsoft respond to my answer!

Comment

My question is:
              Yes in that case use the name and details of the credit card holder / paypal (friend) for purchasing.
              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000 View Post
                Yes in that case use the name and details of the credit card holder / paypal (friend) for purchasing.

OK, so if I use my friend name and email, that will NOT change my licence?
                Still licence will be on my name?
                I will upgrade licence - I have valid owned licence and just want to preorder vB4

Comment

You need to fill the information with your name, and when it brings you to the PayPal payment page, use your friends. Everything but on the bill will be yours.

Comment

That is exactly what I am asking!

My friend will be log in into PayPal payment page with his own PayPal Username and Password, obviously.

My question is:

I just want to pay through my friend PayPal account. I want to my licence data stay same (my name, my e-mail etc...).

So, in this topic you give me 2 different answers. Which one is correct?

Comment

OH i see
                      If you will be paying via credit card, this must match your billing information exactly! If you're paying by PayPal, you must still fill out this information.
                      You can try to out your name in step 3 and paypal will be under his name.

Comment

Put your information in the order form.

Click on Paypal and enter his paypal details - he will pay for it.

The information does not have to match - only on credit cards directly.

Comment

Read my second reply Ian

Comment

OK, so if I use my friend name and email, that will NOT change my licence?
                            Still licence will be on my name?
                            I will upgrade licence - I have valid owned licence and just want to preorder vB4
                            Put your details in customer info and use your friends paypal info for payment. Just be sure to login to your customer account at http://www.vbulletin.com/login.php to do the purchase
                            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I dont think you can do that. THought you pay through PayPal's page?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X