Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vB4: No discount for users who purchased Blog component?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB4: No discount for users who purchased Blog component?

Just saw the pre-order option for vB 4.

They are not giving any discount to customers who had already acquired the blog component of vB 3...

That's kind of unfair!

Just something I wanted to say.

Customers opting for the complete CMS edition should get a discount if they already own the Blog component in vB 3.

Yeah,

No discount. Just cough up the 130$ and be happy Internet Brands didn't charge you more. No use complaining about it, trust me, the folks in charge don't care.

Comment

I guess I would stick with the forum component for the time being. I would probably get it for free as my license is going to remain active till next year.

My forum members are not using the blog component too much.

I am not sure what would happen to the blogs if we do not go for the CMS option in vB4.

I am assuming here that the blog content would become inactive if we do not get the CMS package.

Comment

I second the question of the original poster. There has to be at least a small compensation for current blog owners. I bought the blog way back when the blog licence was not linked to a "parent" vBulletin license. Let it just be 20$ for a total of 110$ then. What do you say vBulletin?
        Last edited by aidler; Wed 14 Oct '09, 12:47am.

Comment

and a clarification is required on what happens to blog component if CMS component is not acquired!

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, the older blog does not work with vB4 [forum].
            Founder | CrazyEngineers®
            About CE | Small Talk | Official Blog 'VoiCE'
            The Big K's SuperBlog | Join CE!
            The Mobiles Forum. Got A Question?

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...88#post1800788
              ~~~~~

Comment

alright no discount. they made that clear.

what about migration of data to the new system... where would blog data go if i do not go for the cms edition!

update: i would go through the feature page once again to see if forum edition has a blog module. i am not sure if blog is going to be kept separate from cms... this is getting complicated.

Comment

I agree with this also.

Whilst I like the idea of the CMS and will probably use it eventually, I don't like the way its bundled with the CMS in VB Suite, especially when all I want is initially is the blog & forum components.

Hence I feel there should be some sweetener for blog module owners when they purchase VB Suite.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X