This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB4 Pricing All Screwed Up Let's Get With The Program Jelsoft

So i went to check my account to see how this upgrade deal works and upon browsing around do i find that i have one "Non-Expired Support" License That qualifies for the $130.00 upgrade pricing. Then i have my other "Expired Support License" and i say expired support as i have two Owned License's. So i add upgrade to vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite on my "Expired Support" license at a price of $250.00. Then i look above only to see that i can buy a brand new vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite license for $235.00. Can you explain to me how this is justified? I have an "Owned License" which i did not renew support on so for me to upgrade this license it's going to cost me $250.00 bucks to renew it or i could just buy a New License for $235.00 bucks then what happens to my license that Has "Expired Support" it just sits and rots? Let's get real here Jelsoft were you guys sleeping at the upgrade pricing meeting? and to top it off you guys are not responding to any questions or concerns that customers have here. This is terms for legal action against Jelsoft. How can you penalize us "Owned License" Customers so heavily just cause we did not renew our support on our license's? I am not saying give it to us free but "$250.00 bucks" you guys are smoking crack. This will not stop here word of Jelsofts sneak attacks on there customers and there unwillingness to answer questions will hit some very big places on this great thing we call the "World Wide Web".

Thanks that you pointed that out.

But what's funny is that the customer support don't even know what they were supposed tell you, becos the managers themselves can't decide what pricing they want to put. If not why didn't they respond yet for threads about upgrades? while they still responded promptly for anything else.

Let's get this going until they come with reasonable pricing.

Cheers!!

Comment

Originally posted by wantadmag View Post
      Can you explain to me how this is justified?

It is an issue we are looking into. However if you do not have branding free on your license or cannot wait 24 hours so we can get the issue resolved, please feel free to buy the cheaper new license if you choose to do so. If not, you can continue to use your owned license as you have in the past.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke;1802473[COLOR=Red
        ]It is an issue we are looking into.[/COLOR] However if you do not have branding free on your license or cannot wait 24 hours so we can get the issue resolved, please feel free to buy the cheaper new license if you choose to do so. If not, you can continue to use your owned license as you have in the past.

Yep. Just what i said. support don't even know what they want to do.

cheers again.

Comment

Honestly i don't think they are going to change it now. Why? Cause i bet everything i own they had people running to fast to the "Upgrade Now Button" and have already made there "PRE-SALE" purchase that if they change the pricing now they will have to answer to the people that already emptied there wallets to Jelsoft. If we can't get them to answer these simple pricing & upgrade questions could you imagine what the people that already paid would have to go through to get a partial refund.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            It is an issue we are looking into. However if you do not have branding free on your license or cannot wait 24 hours so we can get the issue resolved, please feel free to buy the cheaper new license if you choose to do so. If not, you can continue to use your owned license as you have in the past.

There was no issue brought up here about "Branding Free". The issue here is how can you charge us $250.00 to upgrade our "OWNED LICENSE" That has "Expired Support" to vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite. But a new vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite License cost's $235.00. Those of us that have a "OWNED LICENSE" would like to upgrade it to vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite rather then letting it sit and rot but not at the cost of $250.00. Just put yourself in our shoes then you will really see how Jelsoft is really sticking it to us.

Look at is this way "Wayne" If jelsoft is worried about loosing a few bucks then put a pricing package to together like this.

They Did Not Renew There Support = $60.00 <<< Which was another sneak attack.

Jelsoft Made = $0 on that deal.

They Want To Upgrade There Expired Owned License

Now for the easy soultion.

-------Current Owned Licensed Customers Expired / Non-Expired------

-------------Upgrade Package vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite-----------

Price To Upgrade Non-Expired License = $130.00

Price To Upgrade Expired License = $130.00

Fee For Upgrading Expired Owned License = 30.00

So in the end.

Owned Non-Expired License Upgrade = $130.00

Owned Expired License Upgrade = $160.00

So why try pushing us into buying a whole new license for double the money? It's really not that hard to figure this stuff out.
            Last edited by wantadmag; Tue 13 Oct '09, 9:21pm. Reason: fix typo.

Comment

Wayne Luke : why i have to pay $250 for renewing my license ???

Comment

Originally posted by wantadmag View Post

Owned Expired License Upgrade = $160.00

I think that is fair

Comment

Why do i need to pay 130 to get my blog to work whit VB 4

Comment

My point as well if thats the case we blog users should get an upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by pein87 View Post
                      My point as well if thats the case we blog users should get an upgrade.
                      Agreed I am ready to pay for the suite, but I want to know when to expect it, but I think it is only fair to get a further discount for the blog, and projects.
                      Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsxrocks View Post
                        Agreed I am ready to pay for the suite, but I want to know when to expect it, but I think it is only fair to get a further discount for the blog, and projects.
                        Same here, Its not right that a company sells a product and then shortly after you've brought it you have to pay again to upgrade it so it will work with another of the same companies other products, especially when you have current licences for both products that are supposed to give you access to those updates & upgrades..

I only really want the cms, i've tried wordpress and joomla and dont get on with them, the idea of a CMS that will work correctly with vb is all Im interested it, I've got vbblogs (which it looks like im going to be paying for twice if i upgrade) and I have an article script on the site..

Comment

Originally posted by robtbs View Post
                          Wayne Luke : why i have to pay $250 for renewing my license ???
                          Off-topic: Why the need to hyperlink Wayne's profile? He knows it.
                          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsxrocks View Post
                            Another civil request that has went unanswered except via the infraction system.
                            Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

Inactive License expired within the last 12 months is $190 to upgrade to the Suite.
                              Inactive License expired previous to 12 months ago is $210 to upgrade to the Suite.
                              Active Licenses are $130.00 to upgrade to the Suite.

All licenses can convert to a vBulletin 4.0 Forum license for $175.00.
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X