• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Mike Gadd

• Mike Gadd
    replied
    vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite

Is there any chance of a video tour?

One thing ref editor if using as part of a real site and not just a forum the code needs to be good. can the editor be set to just add valid code for headings bold italic...
    that way css can control the content.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Justice

• Justice
    replied
    Originally posted by GHOwner View Post
    The ones I've seen don't impress me. They don't give a feel of power, the vB3 skin does that at least, much more than vB4.

Examples of what I mean:

http://www.fluxbb.org/ or http://punbb.informer.com/forums/
    http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php? (yes, even them)

Even places like SMF and PHPBB slightly reach a better accessibility rate. vB4's default is much too light, lacks proper spacing, and have much too small font in various places.

As stated, yes, not many use the default skin, but that's a good move by them. I'm strictly stating the interface design impressions of what I must work against seem to discourage my tastes.
    Can't you easily change the font and look of your site through editing the css? Why would your site look anything like the default?

Leave a comment:

• zeloreo
    replied
    I guess I'm already used to vBulletin and I spent more time looking at the content in the screen shots than I did the overall appearance, knowing full well that I would change that before I ever made it public.

Leave a comment:

• GHOwner

• GHOwner
    replied
    Originally posted by ENF View Post
    How could you determine that just based on a few screen shots? Well, it doesn't matter - most major sites don't use the default design anyway.
    The ones I've seen don't impress me. They don't give a feel of power, the vB3 skin does that at least, much more than vB4.

Examples of what I mean:

http://www.fluxbb.org/ or http://punbb.informer.com/forums/
    http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php? (yes, even them)

Even places like SMF and PHPBB slightly reach a better accessibility rate. vB4's default is much too light, lacks proper spacing, and have much too small font in various places.

As stated, yes, not many use the default skin, but that's a good move by them. I'm strictly stating the interface design impressions of what I must work against seem to discourage my tastes.

Leave a comment:

• ENF

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by GHOwner View Post
    Meh, maybe this is a bit rude, but the screenshots aren't very impressive. Granted it's all just the default skin and should be changed, lots of it seems to lack web standards in design accessibility.
    How could you determine that just based on a few screen shots? Well, it doesn't matter - most major sites don't use the default design anyway.

Leave a comment:

• GHOwner

• GHOwner
    replied
    Meh, maybe this is a bit rude, but the screenshots aren't very impressive. Granted it's all just the default skin and should be changed, lots of it seems to lack web standards in design accessibility.

Leave a comment:

• zeloreo
    replied
    Originally posted by ENF View Post
    You're welcome... - I wish there could be more many happy endings for others here as well.
    Agreed

Leave a comment:

• roscoe36

• roscoe36
    replied
    Good job Wayne. Not so hard to satisfy the plebs. IB is lucky to have you.

Leave a comment:

• ENF

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by zeloreo View Post
    Thank you ENF, you are correct. I selected the $250 option and THEN the discount appeared. I just never occurred to me to select that option, I saw the "NO UPGRADE" and just assumed that a leased license was ineligible.

Looks like I have LOTS of words to eat........which is good, I really prefer staying with vB

You're welcome... - I wish there could be more many happy endings for others here as well.

Leave a comment:

• zeloreo
    replied
    Thank you ENF, you are correct. I selected the $250 option and THEN the discount appeared. I just never occurred to me to select that option, I saw the "NO UPGRADE" and just assumed that a leased license was ineligible.

Looks like I have LOTS of words to eat........which is good, I really prefer staying with vB

Leave a comment:

• ENF

• ENF
    replied
    I like vB and I would be oh, so glad to swallow those words, too

And I don't doubt that Wayne is correct, but, if so, members.vbulletin.com doesn't know it (yet) because that's where I got the info ... it tells me "No Upgrade" and only offers me the choice to buy it for $250

screenshot attached

Wayne, if you are telling me that leased customers can upgrade for $130 I have no problem taking you at your word (and swallowing my words too) and I understand that maybe the website just needs fixed

When you select the $250 option, the Discount does not appear?

I posted a screen shot in another thread showing that... (Logged in to the customer area and I have two active, owned licenses.)

Leave a comment:

• zeloreo
    replied
    I like vB and I would be oh, so glad to swallow those words, too

And I don't doubt that Wayne is correct, but, if so, members.vbulletin.com doesn't know it (yet) because that's where I got the info ... it tells me "No Upgrade" and only offers me the choice to buy it for $250

screenshot attached

Wayne, if you are telling me that leased customers can upgrade for $130 I have no problem taking you at your word (and swallowing my words too) and I understand that maybe the website just needs fixed

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Suiram

• Suiram
    replied
    if wayne's correct, then do come back, regurgitate your words and swallow them again.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Please stand by while I swallow my words

Apparently, as I am a leased customer, I do not qualify for a upgrade. Spending $130 without seeing what I'm getting is one thing.
    Spending $250 without seeing what I'm getting is a different thing.

Looks like I'm off to see what the competition offers.
    You qualify... You need to login first by clicking "Customer Login" in the top right corner. There should be a message on the screen stating this fact.

Leave a comment:

• zeloreo
    replied
    Please stand by while I swallow my words

Apparently, as I am a leased customer, I do not qualify for a upgrade. Spending $130 without seeing what I'm getting is one thing.
    Spending $250 without seeing what I'm getting is a different thing.
    Last edited by zeloreo; Tue 13 Oct '09, 10:25pm.

Leave a comment: