Disgusted at VB4.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AVC View Post
    I do think vB needs to make some changes fast, maybe scrap the entire release and promotion at this point and start all over.
    It only lacks a few things, those could be cleared up quickly if they choose. No matter what some people are going to be unhappy.

Originally posted by djbaxter View Post
    Posts aren't being deleted because of negative feedback - there's still plenty of that around.

They're being deleted because I don't think anyone needs 2 dozen threads all saying the same things. If it were my forum, I'd merge all of them into one ginormous mudslinging thread and tell everyone to knock themeselves out.
    LOL....

Carefully noting the forum in your sig

Comment

Originally posted by ENF View Post
      I'm not here to please you. I'm simply sick of the horrible posts today.

Most of the problem is reading and comprehension of basic English. So many people jump the gun and scream bloody murder before understanding exactly what was written and why it is the way it is. Although, this is the Internet and that is the general rule: Shoot and then ask questions later.
      I can't disagree with that... the post right below yours being a case in point:

Originally posted by bijju View Post
      OMG F*** $250 for upgrade i already have owned license. i think pirated version is good this new vbulletin vb4.0. u guyz are too much. max i could pay is $50. if not i will go to pirated version. until u guyz learn lesson.
      Let's see: Can't read, apparently. Can't spell. Can't switch out of "txt spk" to even approach being able to hold an intelligent conversation...
      Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
      Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

OMG F*** $250 for upgrade i already have owned license. i think pirated version is good this new vbulletin vb4.0. u guyz are too much. max i could pay is $50. if not i will go to pirated version. until u guyz learn lesson.
        Wow. Just wow.
        To be updated...

Comment

Originally posted by SecondV View Post
          lol, not smart to post that publicly =)
          y not. i payed for vbulletin and now they suddenly they changed the prices . what the hell they are thinking about people.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Blow View Post
            Nope.

See attachment.

IMO, Anyone with an Owned License should be able to upgrade to Suite 4.0 for $130 (and those with Blog should get a discount)
            Last edited by turbe; Tue 13 Oct '09, 7:52pm.

Comment

Originally posted by thedudleys View Post
              I'm pretty sure if you have an inactive/expired owned license, you won't be able to do that. You have to pay for the regular 4.0 forum $195 which is the new license (even though technically you have an owned license) and for the 4.0 Publishing Suite its $235 which is also a new license. If you don't get a new license before the pre sale ends (oct 30th we read) then it will be $285 for the new license for the 4.0 publishing suite.

This is the thing that worries me. I'm a customer/registered owner license holder since 2005 and has renewed my license about 3 or 4 times since. I was holding off to renew my license in preparation for Version 4 and now I find this!. I was expecting the $30 upgrade fee.... or even a $50/$60 is OK but $195 to upgrade my forum (only) is a bit much.
              HobbiesPR.com - Hobbies Radio Control Forum
              AnytimeHosting.com

Comment

Here's my screen: (Notice the little discounts button???)
                Is that page after you type in you contact / payment info?

Comment

Here's my screen: (Notice the little discounts button???)
                  Good example of why you really wouldn't understand why those with inactive/expired licenses who have been using vbulletin for probably longer than you are taking their frustration out because they feel they are being ripped off or thrown to the side after all these years...? My opinion, I'm allowed to have one.

Sorry had to express my thoughts of what those who are in this exact situation must feel and why you must not feel that way because you get this 'discount rate'. Done with that now :P

Comment

Originally posted by Abomination View Post
                    Is that page after you type in you contact / payment info?
                    No.

I logged into the normal customer area via the new site and clicked "Purchase" - There is a button at the bottom to click to finish the purchase.

Originally posted by thedudleys
                    Sorry had to express my thoughts of what those who are in this exact situation must feel and why you must not feel that way because you get this 'discount rate'. Done with that now :P
                    I completely understand where those people are coming from, but there's not much we can do about that. If you noticed my dates from screen shot, I recently renewed and that was simply because I knew VB4 would be coming and wanted to be ready for anything they were gong to throw out there. I've been here long enough to know that you have to pay attention and be ready.
                    To be updated...

Comment

Originally posted by HobbiesPR View Post
                      This is the thing that worries me. I'm a customer/registered owner license holder since 2005 and has renewed my license about 3 or 4 times since. I was holding off to renew my license in preparation for Version 4 and now I find this!. I was expecting the $30 upgrade fee.... or even a $50/$60 is OK but $195 to upgrade my forum (only) is a bit much.
                      Don't feel alone, a bunch of members here are in the same exact boat - including us even though we aren't as old as some of the members here.

Comment

y not. i payed for vbulletin and now they suddenly they changed the prices . what the hell they are thinking about people.
                        Yes, indeed. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess "Rhodes Scholar" for $1000.
                        Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
                        Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

Originally posted by HobbiesPR View Post
                          Agreed, I've probably renewed 8-10 times in addition to my initial Purchase of vBulletin, Blog and Projects.

I will call them tomorrow, if they don't let me upgrade for $130 (to Suite 4.0) I'm going to be unhappy vBulletin Owner. I'll gladly pay the $130 tomorrow though (even though I think current Blog Owners should get an additional discount).

Comment

The question I'm pondering is how you own a forum....

Comment

No.

I logged into the normal customer area via the new site and clicked "Purchase" - There is a button at the bottom to click to finish the purchase.
                              Thank you, I did try to log in via the old methods and got completely lost.

Comment

I completely understand where those people are coming from, but there's not much we can do about that. If you noticed my dates from screen shot, I recently renewed and that was simply because I knew VB4 would be coming and wanted to be ready for anything they were gong to throw out there. I've been here long enough to know that you have to pay attention and be ready.
                                As customers, we should have a say especially for those waiting until 4.0 came out and didn't even read any forum message about needing to renew before hand etc, I think that is where the real unfairness comes from. Then to renew your license for another year + pay the 'discount' rate on top of that is not making a whole lot of sense to me at least - not sure how others feel about that if they think about it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X