X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zeloreo
    replied
    Originally posted by Arson221 View Post
    I’ve been a proud vBulletin owner since as long as I can remember. My owner’s license recently expired in August, and due to college exams I put off renewing for a few weeks while I was still well within the 2 month “discounted” price timing.

Surprise surprise, now they want $195+ for me to keep my forum updated and secure. Thanks vB for the heads up that I needed to renew my owner’s license early, I’m sure I just missed the e-mail because vBulletin, a company that I have come to love and respect over years of use would never blind side it’s loyal customers… oh, wait a minute
    This is almost like saying to your car insurance company, sorry, I forgot to renew my policy that expired a few months ago, I was busy, and gee, now that I had an accident can you cover it anyway?

Leave a comment:

• Gun Geek
    replied
    Yeah I am a little upset, but not going to scream and yell. However I will vent & suggest.

The new features are great but I just got my VB OWNED license a few months ago. Means I just shelled out 180 or what ever it was recently. And now if I want to upgrade to 4.0 Suite (I understand that) I have two weeks until I have to pay full price. I know there are new features and it is different but come on now. Sorry but wouldnt it be better to offer the discount until the customer current license/support expires. I mean its only fair right? Some of us do not own a forum that generates an income. So shelling out the extra cash right now may be a little difficult. Once again my suggestion is - Allow the discount until the forum owners support/license term ends, which ever comes first. Then you still get your money and the forum owner doesn't get bent over.

Beginning today, we are introducing new a license structure. vBulletin is changing to a one-time owned license fee for each major point release. That means no more annual renewal fees. Once you purchase a major point version, you’ll receive maintenance, security and minor point releases for the life of 4.x.
    Also this comment worries me. It is not hard to go from 4.0 to 4.1 then directly to 5.0.. so this type of "upgrade" cost could occur more frequently. I would hope that VB would not do something like that but with the new license terms what would be there to stop it?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by thedudleys View Post
    Please take note:
    A LOT of members have inactive/expired licenses that were looking forward to the 4.0 versions.
    Inactive licenses have never been eligible for upgrades to new versions. Not even point releases in the same series. Also there are no more annual renewals.

Leave a comment:

• Arson221
    replied
    I’ve been a proud vBulletin owner since as long as I can remember. My owner’s license recently expired in August, and due to college exams I put off renewing for a few weeks while I was still well within the 2 month “discounted” price timing.

Surprise surprise, now they want $195+ for me to keep my forum updated and secure. Thanks vB for the heads up that I needed to renew my owner’s license early, I’m sure I just missed the e-mail because vBulletin, a company that I have come to love and respect over years of use would never blind side it’s loyal customers… oh, wait a minute

Leave a comment:

• Shieldsz
    replied
    Originally posted by ENF View Post
    Would you believe that I see this on applications? The 'texting' plague has spread to resumes and other such job application material. I can't believe that college kids send me internship requests with this kind of language. I mean, some kid sent me a letter with skills spelled skillz.
    Wutz wrong wit dat?

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by djbaxter View Post
    Yes, indeed. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess "Rhodes Scholar" for $1000.
    Would you believe that I see this on applications? The 'texting' plague has spread to resumes and other such job application material. I can't believe that college kids send me internship requests with this kind of language. I mean, some kid sent me a letter with skills spelled skillz.

Leave a comment:

• thedudleys
    replied

I completely understand where those people are coming from, but there's not much we can do about that. If you noticed my dates from screen shot, I recently renewed and that was simply because I knew VB4 would be coming and wanted to be ready for anything they were gong to throw out there. I've been here long enough to know that you have to pay attention and be ready.
    As customers, we should have a say especially for those waiting until 4.0 came out and didn't even read any forum message about needing to renew before hand etc, I think that is where the real unfairness comes from. Then to renew your license for another year + pay the 'discount' rate on top of that is not making a whole lot of sense to me at least - not sure how others feel about that if they think about it.

Leave a comment:

• Abomination
    replied
    No.

I logged into the normal customer area via the new site and clicked "Purchase" - There is a button at the bottom to click to finish the purchase.
    Thank you, I did try to log in via the old methods and got completely lost.

Leave a comment:

• Shieldsz
    replied
    Originally posted by bijju View Post
    y not. i payed for vbulletin and now they suddenly they changed the prices . what the hell they are thinking about people.
    The question I'm pondering is how you own a forum....

Leave a comment:

• turbe
    replied
    Originally posted by HobbiesPR View Post
    This is the thing that worries me. I'm a customer/registered owner license holder since 2005 and has renewed my license about 3 or 4 times since. I was holding off to renew my license in preparation for Version 4 and now I find this!. I was expecting the $30 upgrade fee.... or even a $50/$60 is OK but $195 to upgrade my forum (only) is a bit much.
    Agreed, I've probably renewed 8-10 times in addition to my initial Purchase of vBulletin, Blog and Projects.

I will call them tomorrow, if they don't let me upgrade for $130 (to Suite 4.0) I'm going to be unhappy vBulletin Owner. I'll gladly pay the $130 tomorrow though (even though I think current Blog Owners should get an additional discount).

Leave a comment:

• djbaxter
    replied
    Originally posted by bijju View Post
    y not. i payed for vbulletin and now they suddenly they changed the prices . what the hell they are thinking about people.
    Yes, indeed. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess "Rhodes Scholar" for $1000.

Leave a comment:

• thedudleys
    replied
    Originally posted by HobbiesPR View Post
    This is the thing that worries me. I'm a customer/registered owner license holder since 2005 and has renewed my license about 3 or 4 times since. I was holding off to renew my license in preparation for Version 4 and now I find this!. I was expecting the $30 upgrade fee.... or even a $50/$60 is OK but $195 to upgrade my forum (only) is a bit much.
    Don't feel alone, a bunch of members here are in the same exact boat - including us even though we aren't as old as some of the members here.

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by Abomination View Post
    Is that page after you type in you contact / payment info?
    No.

I logged into the normal customer area via the new site and clicked "Purchase" - There is a button at the bottom to click to finish the purchase.

Originally posted by thedudleys
    Sorry had to express my thoughts of what those who are in this exact situation must feel and why you must not feel that way because you get this 'discount rate'. Done with that now :P
    I completely understand where those people are coming from, but there's not much we can do about that. If you noticed my dates from screen shot, I recently renewed and that was simply because I knew VB4 would be coming and wanted to be ready for anything they were gong to throw out there. I've been here long enough to know that you have to pay attention and be ready.

Leave a comment:

• thedudleys
    replied
    Here's my screen: (Notice the little discounts button???)
    Good example of why you really wouldn't understand why those with inactive/expired licenses who have been using vbulletin for probably longer than you are taking their frustration out because they feel they are being ripped off or thrown to the side after all these years...? My opinion, I'm allowed to have one.

Sorry had to express my thoughts of what those who are in this exact situation must feel and why you must not feel that way because you get this 'discount rate'. Done with that now :P

Leave a comment:

• Abomination
    replied
    Here's my screen: (Notice the little discounts button???)
    Is that page after you type in you contact / payment info?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X