Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgusted at VB4.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Blackbook View Post
    they are expecting you to put down money down on something you can't see, sense or test. Bad times imho.
    Nobody's arm is being twisted. It's an optional gamble... Don't spend the cash if you don't have it.
    To be updated...

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by HobbiesPR View Post
      I'm a license owner, so I can upgrade to 4 for Free?. Don't understand the FAQ for current license holders.

      That is how I read it. 4.0 Forums is a free upgrade for current license holders.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by ENF View Post
        Nobody's arm is being twisted. It's an optional gamble... Don't spend the cash if you don't have it.
        I see both sides, I think they should at least have a demo out before they have people pre-order. I'm holding off until the kinks are worked out.. then I'll upgrade. I'm pretty anxious to see vB4.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by sebz2005 View Post
          It's an upgrade of $130 if you want to use the Publication Suite.
          It's free just to upgrade to the forum. Read first.
          Please take note:
          Originally Posted by Wayne Luke
          You can continue to use your existing licenses as you have been. If the licenses were owned and expired than you will not be able to upgrade. If they are owned and active, you'll be able to upgrade until they expire. However we no longer offer a renewal product. After they expire you will need to convert them to the vBulletin 4.0 license or accept that you won't be eligible for upgrades.
          A LOT of members have inactive/expired licenses that were looking forward to the 4.0 versions. Plus those who have the blogs etc basically have to upgrade to the full blown version which makes it worse if your license is expired/inactive.

          Comment


          • #20
            Where's the link to download vBulletin 4.0?

            Comment


            • #21
              New Question:

              I don't have $130 to fork over for the entire suite right now.. I only have two weeks to get that cash or I have to pay the full price?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by motoxer311 View Post
                Where's the link to download vBulletin 4.0?
                It's not out yet, it's only pre-order. No demo, or anything to show what vB4 does.. it's a gamble.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Can someone tell me why my upgrade is listed at $250 after I've logged in?

                  Where's the $130 option?

                  Hello?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I have an active license until next year October. And it says $235 thought i there was a discount.
                    As a preferred customer with an active license, we are excited to offer the vBulletin Publishing Suite at a pre-sale discount price of only $130 (over 50% off regular price). This is a truly limited one-time special offer giving you $120 off the upgrade price but will expire on Friday October 30, 2009.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by ENF View Post
                      Nobody's arm is being twisted. It's an optional gamble... Don't spend the cash if you don't have it.
                      I'm actually going to take back what I said before... arms are being twisted. If you don't take the gamble, you'll end up paying the full price after two weeks.

                      Basically either hope that vb4 is worth it, or end up paying nearly double.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Joe Blow View Post
                        I've logged in and am getting an upgrade price of $250 which is odd because you can buy a new license for $235.

                        What is going on?
                        Not sure... but when I go to the upgrade screen, it tells me $250 with a $120 discount, for a total price of $130. I guess it's just set that way to get the calculation correctly set for upgrade special.

                        (I'm upgrading just standard forums [no addons] to the publishing suite.)

                        Originally posted by Shieldz
                        I'm actually going to take back what I said before... arms are being twisted. If you don't take the gamble, you'll end up paying the full price after two weeks.

                        Basically either hope that vb4 is worth it, or end up paying nearly double.
                        Hence.. optional gamble. You don't have to, therefore arms are not being twisted. -- We're going to do the upgrade, but I'm sure it will be a long time for us to actually use the version. It will take a long time for us to integrate/convert our old stuff to the new stuff. [I sincerely doubt VB4 will be trash]
                        To be updated...

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by motoxer311 View Post
                          Where's the link to download vBulletin 4.0?
                          version 4 is currently under private testing, and not publicly available yet, I am unaware of a gold-release date.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by zeloreo View Post
                            That is how I read it. 4.0 Forums is a free upgrade for current license holders.
                            I'm pretty sure if you have an inactive/expired owned license, you won't be able to do that. You have to pay for the regular 4.0 forum $195 which is the new license (even though technically you have an owned license) and for the 4.0 Publishing Suite its $235 which is also a new license. If you don't get a new license before the pre sale ends (oct 30th we read) then it will be $285 for the new license for the 4.0 publishing suite.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by thedudleys View Post
                              I'm pretty sure if you have an inactive/expired owned license, you won't be able to do that. You have to pay for the regular 4.0 forum $195 which is the new license (even though technically you have an owned license) and for the 4.0 Publishing Suite its $235 which is also a new license. If you don't get a new license before the pre sale ends (oct 30th we read) then it will be $285 for the new license for the 4.0 publishing suite.
                              Did you read the posts above? We already have covered this.

                              Read, then reply.
                              To be updated...

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by thedudleys View Post
                                I'm pretty sure if you have an inactive/expired owned license, you won't be able to do that. You have to pay for the regular 4.0 forum $195 which is the new license (even though technically you have an owned license) and for the 4.0 Publishing Suite its $235 which is also a new license. If you don't get a new license before the pre sale ends (oct 30th we read) then it will be $285 for the new license for the 4.0 publishing suite.
                                Well, this looks correct.. I have an owned Licensed and have since the beginning of VB's existence....

                                My annual support expired a couple months ago (in the past there is no big rush to renew before the expire date). I own Blog and Projects and when I just checked in my Account, they want $250 for an upgrade from me (of course you can just buy a full one for $235).

                                Needless to say, I am very upset at this....

                                I'm still running 3.7.5, there is no option to add support to even get the security updates for 3.7 or go to 3.8.

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X